“Great atmosphere!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #22 of 142 restaurants in North Bay
Cuisines: Eclectic
“Great atmosphere!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013 via mobile

Wanted to try something new and the Raven was suggested. Raven has an extensive cheese menu but the escargot was served with a standard marble cheese. The tenderloin pasta, topped with bacon was delicious. Overall good food and great, attentive staff.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

78% Recommend
North Bay, Canada
“Less than average food, terrible service.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

I went here for my friends wedding dinner and also a couple of other times. The atmosphere is amazing here, the food is nothing special (avoid the salmon, very fishy smelling). The beer menu is the best in the bay and the prices are average. All and all a pretty good hangout, however I have to give this rating based on my server during my last visit. After forgetting to bring me my ceasar salad, I was overcharged for 2 pints of beer to which the server argued with me to no end as if he was the server and I was the customer. Being in a hurry, I just decided to pay the bill and not tip him. Upon not seeing a tip, he responded with a sarcastic "Oh great". The other servers seemed to be great, but I have never had such a terrible customer service experience in my life which means I will not likely return.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
North Bay, Canada
“Awful”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

I really miss 100 Georges! This place attempts to be 100 Georges but it definitely isn't! The staff members are rude and awful. The atmosphere is alright, but a little cramped. The food is awful and they rarely if ever have decent musical acts.

• Visited February 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
“Great service, solid food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

The best meal we had in North Bay, by far. The service was absolutely excellent - our server was on the ball with everything, and was pleasant and very personable. The restaurant is in an older home, and this really contributes to the atmosphere. Everything on their great draft list is priced reasonably, and while we weren't able to stay longer, live music is a regular occurrence.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Oakville
“Great North Bay Gastropub”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

North Bay's Raven and Republic gastropub could easily best many big-city restaurants. It features microbrews on tap, including the relatively local Lake of Bays (from the nearby Muskoka region).

We shared the cheese plate as a starter and I had the beer-braised Ontario lamb shank as a main. Both were excellent.

Service was friendly and efficient. Decor sophisticated rural gastropub (to coin an expression).

• Visited December 2012