“ONR1” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Travelodge North Bay Lakeshore

You added Travelodge North Bay Lakeshore to your Saves list
Travelodge North Bay Lakeshore
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   718 Lakeshore Drive, North Bay, Ontario P1A 2G4, Canada   |
Ranked #8 of 26 Hotels in North Bay

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Stittsville
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

No points reward system was available during my stay. I did inquire but the guest services person indicated that this hotel was transitioning from the Travelodge guest rewards to the Wyndham rewards system. I was warned by a coworker of the musty smell from the main room and she was correct. The general stuffy atmosphere existed upstairs as well. In addtion, the breakfast choices were minimal, a very pedestrian offering.

I keep in mind that this review is relative to my hotel stays across the entire country and at different chains. I stay at hotels in excess of 200 nights per year so my opinion is tempered relative to this experience. Other hotels are available in the area.

Entrance to the hotel is best described as awkward. The decor of the lobby and hallways is reminiscent of the 1970's. In addition, the 1980's called and they would like their small CRT television back. Most hotel chains, even small ones have transitioned to LCD models.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

TLLAKE, General Manager at Travelodge North Bay Lakeshore, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
Thank you for sharing your comments about your recent stay with us. We appreciate all that you have shared. We currently offer Travelodge Guest Rewards points until the switch to Wyndham Rewards in late November of this year.
Our complimentary continental breakfast is changing all the time. We add and change items to meet our guest requests. We have changed some of the TV's in our rooms but not all.
Please contact me directly to share more feedback.
705-472-7171 ext 102

Leanne Evans
Toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

When I searched online, this Travelodge was cheaper than most other hotels of the same grade. I picked it because its location seemed central and it offered free breakfast.

We traveled with two babies so I had requested a baby crib while I booked online. But honestly, I didn't think we would get one. To my surprise, they did prepare one for us. That was nice.

The room feels old nevertheless, it's clean and spacious. The staff were friendly. The best part about our stay was the breakfast. For a continental breakfast, there's a lot of variety to choose from. We even got to make waffle on the spot. Breakfast was so popular that all the tables were taken and we had to take our food back to our room.

Overall, good value for what we paid. We would definitely stay there if we ever go to North Bay again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

TLLAKE, General Manager at Travelodge North Bay Lakeshore, responded to this review, October 14, 2012
Thank you for your feedback. We strive to meet the needs of our guests. I am glad we exceeded yours. We appreciate your time and your business. Hope to see you again on your next visit to North Bay.

Leanne Evans, General Manager
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

Third time we have stayed here. We travel with pets and the hotel is very accomodating. Pet rooms are nice and clean. The only drawback is the only option for pet rooms is two double beds. I would not consider staying anywhere else when in North Bay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Thank you for sharing your comments about our hotel. We implemented the pet friendly rooms from our guest feedback. We are exploring the option of adding room types to the available pet friendly rooms. Thank you again. When we hear what our guests want, it really helps us make the right changes to better serve you. Look forward to seeing you again soon.

Leanne Evans, General Manager

Been to Travelodge North Bay Lakeshore? Share your experiences!