“Great Deals” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Voyager Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in North Bay
Voyager Inn
You added Voyager Inn to your Saves list
123 Delaware Avenue, North Bay, Ontario P1B 6Z6, Canada   |
Ranked #17 of 26 Hotels in North Bay
New Liskeard, Canada
“Great Deals”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

I had to stay here for a hospital visit, I truly love how the front desk seem like a family. The lady at front desk has great sense of humour. The owners themselves helped us carry our luggage to our room, made sure we were comfortable. We were allowed to check in at 10 am on a weekday. Only down side is no elevator and one ground floor room. Will be going back again!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
London, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014

I stayed four days due to a truck break down rooms are not bad people who work there are nice clean rooms nice beds very quiet.the only down side is that they don't have a restaurant in it I guess it's more important to have a bar to get customers drunk then to have a nice place to eat.do not order take out from burger world food is good but they don't tell you that they charge you $7 .00 for delivery.all in all my stay was enjoy able.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Elliot Lake, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

Our stay at the Voyager Inn, North Bay, was nothing short of terrible. What a disappointment. The noise from other rooms was so disturbing that we finally asked the hotel clerk to intervene about 4:00 a.m. He basically refused to do anything about the noise, insinuating that we were overreacting, and at 4:15 a.m. we had to leave and find another hotel. No offer to move us to another room (even though we asked for this before making the decision to leave) and no offer of a refund. How can these people stay in business???

Room Tip: If you want to choose a good room go to another hotel
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Geoff R, Owner at Voyager Inn, responded to this review, October 16, 2014
Hi there. I am very sorry that you had this experience here. Our staff members are trained to respond to customer situations in the best way possible. We failed in this case. If you can try us again when you are in North Bay next, I promise a different experience. Thank you for helping us improve, without this review, we may not have been able to correct the problem.
Haileybury, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

The reviews of The Voyager scared me, but I'm so glad a friend (who often works in North Bay and stays here regularly) insisted I try it. My family and I had a great stay here with requested adjoining rooms with our best friends. The front desk staff were wonderful, friendly, big on service and super accommodating. Our room was huge and had a convenient fridge and microwave. The decor was a 'tired', maybe, but I loved the charm of the super high ceilings and the bed was so comfortable I wanted to take it home with me! Our large, bright window opened wide for fresh air, unlike most motels. Wifi was flawless and quick. Homemade treats in the lobby were fantastic and made me miss my mom! Spotless and charismatic, my family and I will certainly stay again and look forward to it. Thanks, Voyager!

Room Tip: If you're a smoker but smoke outdoors/ choose a non-smoking room, tell the front desk. Lots of o...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Sudbury, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

Old stained carpets. Holes in screen. No hair blower or fan in washroom. Very noisy from bar.
Bed was comfy and clean. Fridge was nice and clean and microwave also.
The first post I read here is a owner or worker. I don't know why he posted the review.
I can appreciate renos are expensive . This needs BIG improvements. To start with the nonsmoking is across the hall from the smokers. Gross

Room Tip: Sorry no help
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Geoff R, Owner at Voyager Inn, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thanks for the review, these really do tell us what our customers want and need in order to revive this former landmark. We've taken your advice on the smoking rooms and we are now working to change the configuration to accommodate those who don't wish to be near smoking. As a non smoker myself, I can understand the need for proper segregation. Thank you for your input.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is changing you can spot it. The staff is amazing They are helpful. Yes i had to pay a deposit and they returned it once i checked out. I do not have a credit card so this place helps get around that. The halls can use paint or new wall paper. But still you're helping a local person succeed rather then a chain ran from the states. Keep up great work.

• Stayed August 2013
Geraldton, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

very basic accomadations, I stopped at the hotel for a few nights while I was in north bay and I would say that the rooms were nothing special but they were clean. for the money im sure there are better places in town,

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Been to Voyager Inn? Share your experiences!