“Warning to other travelers” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Voyager Inn

and 1 more site!
You added Voyager Inn to your Saves list
Voyager Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   123 Delaware Avenue, North Bay, Ontario P1B 6Z6, Canada   |
Ranked #18 of 26 Hotels in North Bay
Elliot Lake, Canada
“Warning to other travelers”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

Our stay at the Voyager Inn, North Bay, was nothing short of terrible. What a disappointment. The noise from other rooms was so disturbing that we finally asked the hotel clerk to intervene about 4:00 a.m. He basically refused to do anything about the noise, insinuating that we were overreacting, and at 4:15 a.m. we had to leave and find another hotel. No offer to move us to another room (even though we asked for this before making the decision to leave) and no offer of a refund. How can these people stay in business???

Room Tip: If you want to choose a good room go to another hotel
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Geoff R, Owner at Voyager Inn, responded to this review, October 16, 2014
Hi there. I am very sorry that you had this experience here. Our staff members are trained to respond to customer situations in the best way possible. We failed in this case. If you can try us again when you are in North Bay next, I promise a different experience. Thank you for helping us improve, without this review, we may not have been able to correct the problem.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Haileybury, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

The reviews of The Voyager scared me, but I'm so glad a friend (who often works in North Bay and stays here regularly) insisted I try it. My family and I had a great stay here with requested adjoining rooms with our best friends. The front desk staff were wonderful, friendly, big on service and super accommodating. Our room was huge and had a convenient fridge and microwave. The decor was a 'tired', maybe, but I loved the charm of the super high ceilings and the bed was so comfortable I wanted to take it home with me! Our large, bright window opened wide for fresh air, unlike most motels. Wifi was flawless and quick. Homemade treats in the lobby were fantastic and made me miss my mom! Spotless and charismatic, my family and I will certainly stay again and look forward to it. Thanks, Voyager!

Room Tip: If you're a smoker but smoke outdoors/ choose a non-smoking room, tell the front desk. Lots of o...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Sudbury, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

Old stained carpets. Holes in screen. No hair blower or fan in washroom. Very noisy from bar.
Bed was comfy and clean. Fridge was nice and clean and microwave also.
The first post I read here is a owner or worker. I don't know why he posted the review.
I can appreciate renos are expensive . This needs BIG improvements. To start with the nonsmoking is across the hall from the smokers. Gross

Room Tip: Sorry no help
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Geoff R, Owner at Voyager Inn, responded to this review, December 10, 2014
Thanks for the review, these really do tell us what our customers want and need in order to revive this former landmark. We've taken your advice on the smoking rooms and we are now working to change the configuration to accommodate those who don't wish to be near smoking. As a non smoker myself, I can understand the need for proper segregation. Thank you for your input.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

This hotel is changing you can spot it. The staff is amazing They are helpful. Yes i had to pay a deposit and they returned it once i checked out. I do not have a credit card so this place helps get around that. The halls can use paint or new wall paper. But still you're helping a local person succeed rather then a chain ran from the states. Keep up great work.

• Stayed August 2013
Geraldton, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

very basic accomadations, I stopped at the hotel for a few nights while I was in north bay and I would say that the rooms were nothing special but they were clean. for the money im sure there are better places in town,

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Regina, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

That Bill A is both an owner and has written a glowing review.

The Hotel hasnt changed that much.
One side is apartments and one is hotel. On any weekend the nauseating smell of pot can be smelled wafting down the hallways.

They have cleaned up the lobby somewhat but it is outdated still.

The rooms are old and need a major reno.

For $10-20 more go to a hotel down the street where you wont have to hear loud music from the bar below and put up with people smoking right outside the doors.

Their WiFi sucks too. It works sometimes and in some areas.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Geoff R, Owner at Voyager Inn, responded to this review, December 10, 2014
Yeah...that was odd. An employee that no longer works here made the review in an attempt to get travelers to give us a second look. While the intention was good, the way it was done was incorrect.
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

Ok, let me tell u first of all, I have been a customer of the voyager for over 7 years, now the rooms have greatly changed, the cleanliness was superb, the beds are comfy, its my home away from home... Now, that is not what i am disappointed about... I am disgusted and very disappointed that the bar staff is changing, i am a creature of habit, once i get into a routine it has to be the same, i really miss the old staff, the happy go lucky ppl that we were willing to do anything for their customers, not the grumpy miserable old men and women that work and beg for tips, And most of all where is the bouncer that went above and beyond the call of duty the night my wife and i needed him, he was the most consistent, great attitude, could never remember our names but knew who we were, and we knew we cant on him for a great funny evening, i was told he no longer works there, i am very disapointed... Please bring him back

Room Tip: Stay away from the residents area, and now the bar
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Voyager Inn? Share your experiences!