“Basic Accomidations” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Voyager Inn

and 1 more site!
You added Voyager Inn to your Saves list
Voyager Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   123 Delaware Avenue, North Bay, Ontario P1B 6Z6, Canada   |
Ranked #18 of 26 Hotels in North Bay
Geraldton, Canada
“Basic Accomidations”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

very basic accomadations, I stopped at the hotel for a few nights while I was in north bay and I would say that the rooms were nothing special but they were clean. for the money im sure there are better places in town,

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Regina, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

That Bill A is both an owner and has written a glowing review.

The Hotel hasnt changed that much.
One side is apartments and one is hotel. On any weekend the nauseating smell of pot can be smelled wafting down the hallways.

They have cleaned up the lobby somewhat but it is outdated still.

The rooms are old and need a major reno.

For $10-20 more go to a hotel down the street where you wont have to hear loud music from the bar below and put up with people smoking right outside the doors.

Their WiFi sucks too. It works sometimes and in some areas.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Geoff R, Owner at Voyager Inn, responded to this review, December 10, 2014
Yeah...that was odd. An employee that no longer works here made the review in an attempt to get travelers to give us a second look. While the intention was good, the way it was done was incorrect.
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

Ok, let me tell u first of all, I have been a customer of the voyager for over 7 years, now the rooms have greatly changed, the cleanliness was superb, the beds are comfy, its my home away from home... Now, that is not what i am disappointed about... I am disgusted and very disappointed that the bar staff is changing, i am a creature of habit, once i get into a routine it has to be the same, i really miss the old staff, the happy go lucky ppl that we were willing to do anything for their customers, not the grumpy miserable old men and women that work and beg for tips, And most of all where is the bouncer that went above and beyond the call of duty the night my wife and i needed him, he was the most consistent, great attitude, could never remember our names but knew who we were, and we knew we cant on him for a great funny evening, i was told he no longer works there, i am very disapointed... Please bring him back

Room Tip: Stay away from the residents area, and now the bar
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

I booked a room at the inn and upon arriving wasn't able to check in. They required a deposit on the room I couldn't pay. I left to stay elsewhere only to find they had charged my credit card for the room I hadn't stayed in. Criminal if you ask me.

• Stayed June 2013
Bill A, Owner at Voyager Inn, responded to this review, August 3, 2013
At the Voyager Inn we value the privacy of our guests including credit cards being charged only after a night's stay. This particular gentleman brought this to our attention, it was investigated and no charge was found. He called back the next day to apologize and that he had found the same.
Pembroke Ontario
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

Used to stay at this place in my younger years with the boys, it was a good cheap place to crash after a night of partying! Enjoyed our time at the "Country Saloon" watching all of the Cougars and "North Bays Finest" dance and party the night away. It was about $60 a night 6-7 years ago, that was pretty fair I thought...

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

My first time in North Bay and now I'll for sure be back. Had a wonderful experience at the Voyager inn. Place was clean, beds were comfy & prices were reasonable. What more could you ask for?

Everyone went above and beyond for me, Thanks everyone

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Been to Voyager Inn? Share your experiences!