“A little disappointed...” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Voyager Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in North Bay
Voyager Inn
You added Voyager Inn to your Saves list
123 Delaware Avenue, North Bay, Ontario P1B 6Z6, Canada   |
Ranked #17 of 26 Hotels in North Bay
Toronto, Canada
“A little disappointed...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

Ok, let me tell u first of all, I have been a customer of the voyager for over 7 years, now the rooms have greatly changed, the cleanliness was superb, the beds are comfy, its my home away from home... Now, that is not what i am disappointed about... I am disgusted and very disappointed that the bar staff is changing, i am a creature of habit, once i get into a routine it has to be the same, i really miss the old staff, the happy go lucky ppl that we were willing to do anything for their customers, not the grumpy miserable old men and women that work and beg for tips, And most of all where is the bouncer that went above and beyond the call of duty the night my wife and i needed him, he was the most consistent, great attitude, could never remember our names but knew who we were, and we knew we cant on him for a great funny evening, i was told he no longer works there, i am very disapointed... Please bring him back

Room Tip: Stay away from the residents area, and now the bar
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

I booked a room at the inn and upon arriving wasn't able to check in. They required a deposit on the room I couldn't pay. I left to stay elsewhere only to find they had charged my credit card for the room I hadn't stayed in. Criminal if you ask me.

• Stayed June 2013
Bill A, Owner at Voyager Inn, responded to this review, August 3, 2013
At the Voyager Inn we value the privacy of our guests including credit cards being charged only after a night's stay. This particular gentleman brought this to our attention, it was investigated and no charge was found. He called back the next day to apologize and that he had found the same.
Pembroke Ontario
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

Used to stay at this place in my younger years with the boys, it was a good cheap place to crash after a night of partying! Enjoyed our time at the "Country Saloon" watching all of the Cougars and "North Bays Finest" dance and party the night away. It was about $60 a night 6-7 years ago, that was pretty fair I thought...

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

My first time in North Bay and now I'll for sure be back. Had a wonderful experience at the Voyager inn. Place was clean, beds were comfy & prices were reasonable. What more could you ask for?

Everyone went above and beyond for me, Thanks everyone

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Windsor, Ontario, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

I wish I could rate this a zero. The place is disgustingly filthy with blood and urine in the hall, the older woman at the front desk was brutal and the place has live in tenants. Throw in a party that lasted until 4am and i cannot be more angry about my stay.

We booked for three days and stayed for one.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012 via mobile

Wow!!! Arrived at 4 p.m. On sept 1/12 our room was not ready! We get to our room, pure filth! Will never stay there AGAIN! The front desk staff was so unpleasant! No hot water, doors didn't lock or closed properly, we didn't even have fitted sheets!! Blanket had a cigarette burnt whole going right through in a "non" smoking room! I slept fully clothes included a hooded sweated on my head!! Very old and needs some tlc! let me you! Everything in my suitcase, clean & dirty went in the washing mashine as soon as I got home!!!!

• Stayed September 2012
Toronto
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

Greeted by the rude desk clerk and the "1974" decor, we proceded down a hall that smelled like urine to one of the dirtiest, smelliest most uncomfortable rooms I've ever had to deal with.

The bathroom was a "museum of different pubic hair", the beds were uncomfortable and had cigarette burns on the comforter. It was obvious it hadn't been cleaned or dusted in months.

It seems that people also live here full time as I saw several folks who looked like transients wandering around, at $90 a night, avoid this place at all cost!

As I vacated North Bay the next day, I saw numerous clean hotels that can be had, it made me angry.,

Room Tip: Go elsewhere, pick a room.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Been to Voyager Inn? Share your experiences!