“Not that bad of a value...” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Voyager Inn

Voyager Inn
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in North Bay
Voyager Inn
123 Delaware Avenue, North Bay, Ontario P1B 6Z6, Canada   |
Ranked #19 of 26 hotels in North Bay
Pembroke Ontario
“Not that bad of a value...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

Used to stay at this place in my younger years with the boys, it was a good cheap place to crash after a night of partying! Enjoyed our time at the "Country Saloon" watching all of the Cougars and "North Bays Finest" dance and party the night away. It was about $60 a night 6-7 years ago, that was pretty fair I thought...

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends

24 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

My first time in North Bay and now I'll for sure be back. Had a wonderful experience at the Voyager inn. Place was clean, beds were comfy & prices were reasonable. What more could you ask for?

Everyone went above and beyond for me, Thanks everyone

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Windsor, Ontario, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

I wish I could rate this a zero. The place is disgustingly filthy with blood and urine in the hall, the older woman at the front desk was brutal and the place has live in tenants. Throw in a party that lasted until 4am and i cannot be more angry about my stay.

We booked for three days and stayed for one.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012 via mobile

Wow!!! Arrived at 4 p.m. On sept 1/12 our room was not ready! We get to our room, pure filth! Will never stay there AGAIN! The front desk staff was so unpleasant! No hot water, doors didn't lock or closed properly, we didn't even have fitted sheets!! Blanket had a cigarette burnt whole going right through in a "non" smoking room! I slept fully clothes included a hooded sweated on my head!! Very old and needs some tlc! let me you! Everything in my suitcase, clean & dirty went in the washing mashine as soon as I got home!!!!

• Stayed September 2012
Toronto
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

Greeted by the rude desk clerk and the "1974" decor, we proceded down a hall that smelled like urine to one of the dirtiest, smelliest most uncomfortable rooms I've ever had to deal with.

The bathroom was a "museum of different pubic hair", the beds were uncomfortable and had cigarette burns on the comforter. It was obvious it hadn't been cleaned or dusted in months.

It seems that people also live here full time as I saw several folks who looked like transients wandering around, at $90 a night, avoid this place at all cost!

As I vacated North Bay the next day, I saw numerous clean hotels that can be had, it made me angry.,

Room Tip: Go elsewhere, pick a room.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2011

Older hotel, can tell it was a great place IN ITS DAY! Worn down, tired, no elavator, the restaurant now houses mattresses, the Country bar Saloon, while big, is old and tired too. The bartender has been there for years, and has no personality what so ever. Glad we only stayed there to sleep for a few hours, more than that, yikes. Place is loaded with potential, would be nice to get a new owner who recognizes that.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
New Liskeard, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2009

PROS: let me check in early, friendly and helpful staff, great location as to the highways and main shopping and hospitals, excellent value, room is spacious, beds and pillows are comfortable, good selection of convenience stores and groceries in proximity to motel

CONS: front lobby area has been in a state of semi-renovation for months, smokers allowed right at lobby entrance so I kept having to walk through their smoke, my room had an odd and unpleasant smell at entrance but wasn't inside the room so it didn't bother me, not enough handicap parking and spots are poorly marked, remotes for t.v's are old and in poor condition (I was given one that didn't work with my t.v. but a member of the cleaning crew quickly got me the proper one-Thank You), no elevator

• Stayed August 2009, traveled solo

Been to Voyager Inn? Share your experiences!