“Good place to stay” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Travelodge Airport North Bay

Save Saved
You added Travelodge Airport North Bay to your Saves list
Travelodge Airport North Bay
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   1525 Seymour Street (Hwy 11 & 17), North Bay, Ontario P1B 8G4, Canada   |
Ranked #16 of 26 Hotels in North Bay
Georgetown, Canada
“Good place to stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013 via mobile

internet access was good
room was clean and quiet
dropped in at the last minute and they were the only place with available rooms
breakfast was what I expected and just fine
Great to see the truckers and journeymen who were staying here keeping the breakfast area clean
I was able to get a room where I parked so I just opened my door and put my stuff in my car

• Stayed September 2013
Kevin S, Front Office Manager at Travelodge Airport North Bay, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Thank you for the compliments! I'm very happy to hear your stay was a pleasant one and our hotel met expectations including convenient access to your vehicle and breakfast. We hope to see you again on your next trip.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Fort McMurray, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Traveled from Alberta to Newfoundland (and back again).... Traveled with our 50lb Siberian Husky and Cat. I 100% recommend this hotel especially if you need pet friendly. I stayed here after having to cancel my reservation across the street at Holiday Inn Express, because my previous stay there wasnt very clean, so I canceled and booked Travelodge and it suited my needs much better
THE GOOD:
- Pet Friendly (lots of grass around)
- Walk Outs
-Coffee/Tea Maker In Room
- Very close to the highway
- Breakfast Included ( boiled eggs, muffins, toast, waffles,bagles, coffee, tea, juices)
- Mini Fridge and Microwaves In some rooms
THE BAD:
- No Laundry Facility
- Advertised NEWLEY RENAVATED, But its curently being renovated, the breakfast kitchen ( still useable though) and the exterior from what I could see, there was cut up wood and things in a pile besides my walk out door, and there looked to be construction workers measuring things outside in the morning
- The Bathroom tile around the bathtub looked a little outdated

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Kevin S, Front Office Manager at Travelodge Airport North Bay, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Thanks Krystal for your very positive comments! I have already passed on your room cleanliness compliments to our housekeeping staff, very much appreciated. You're correct about the renovations, we have just completed the work in the breakfast area with new cabinets and granite countertops and are now in the process of putting in all new bedding. I'm pleased your stay was pleasant and met your expectations and I hope to see you again when you are in the area.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

Nice, two-night stay. Room was clean and spacious, with mini fridge & microwave. Free continental breakfast is a nice touch. Much touted waffles nowhere to be found however. Very friendly service. Air conditioner in the room was a bit loud (compressor).

Room Tip: There are two floors with no elevator, so if you don't want to haul luggage up stairs, request t...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thanks for your compliments and feedback! Sorry about the lack of waffles, we had some teams in previous to your stay and obviously the waffles were super popular! I've had our maintenance staff change the air conditioner in that room due to the loud compressor you mentioned. I've passed your comments on to our houisekeeping and front desk staff and thanks again for staying with us. We hope to see you again on your next trip to our area.
Ottawa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

Great location, all you need. Discount at nearby wing restaurants. Very comfortable. By highway, did not hear any noises from adjacent rooms or highway. King suite very spacious, end of hall with walk out patio doors.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Kevin S, Manager at Travelodge Airport North Bay, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Thanks for the compliments Cindy, they are always appreciated! We're glad to hear your stay was pleasant and the room met your expectations. We hope you will visit us again soon.
Sudbury, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

I stayed her for a weekend in July of 2013 with friends. Got a room with 2 doubles on the second floor. Everything was clean, beds were comfortable, and I got a refrigerator in the room which was great for keeping our drinks cold. The room itself was fairly modern and the bathroom appeared to be updated. Liked the free wireless internet, though it was a bit slow. The receptionist who helped me check in and out (I think her name was Brenda, or another 'B' name) was very pleasant and helpful. My friends liked the pool, though I didn't use it. Will likely be back.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a refrigerator.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Kevin S, Manager at Travelodge Airport North Bay, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Thank you for the positive feedback and compliments. I have passed your remarks on to our housekeeping staff and Brenda, our Customer Service Agent. We appreciate your business and hope you will be staying with us again soon!
Vancouver
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

Well this was hands down the filthiest hotel of our trip. The lobby looked okay, but as soon as I started heading up the stairs I noticed that they were filthy. There was dirt and toilet paper stuck to the stairs. In the suite there was a line around the entire room where it had never been vacuumed. I guess they are missing the correct vacuum attachment. The big thrills came when I lifted up the mattress for the mandatory bug check-- an adult mag . There were assorted particles of pizza on the mattress pad and the mattress smelled "unpleasant". The front desk lady was very helpful when I presented her with the magazine and requested a new mattress pad. The mattress pad was very nice and thick so I couldn't smell the bed through it. We slept well.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Kevin S, Manager at Travelodge Airport North Bay, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
We are disappointed that the hotel was not up to the level of cleanliness and maintenance our guests should expect during your stay. We have addressed your concerns with our maintenance and housekeeping staff and are always striving to improve our guests' experiences at our hotel. We are pleased our front desk staff assisted you with the issues raised and we have passed on your compliment to them.

Thank you for your feedback and we would welcome the opportunity to host you at our property in the future and provide you with a more positive stay.
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

I arrived in the wee hours after a long flight. The late night staff were warm and welcoming, the room clean and quiet. In the morning, the staff were equally friendly and the continental breakfast was perfect before a long day of meetings.

My only wish was that there were curtains between the pool and the 20 truckers having breakfast. Definitely dissuaded me from having an early morning swim (which I was really excited about).

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Kevin S, Manager at Travelodge Airport North Bay, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Thank you for your positive comments about our staff and property. I will certainly pass on your compliments to our Front Desk, Housekeeping and Breakfast Teams. We had to remove the curtains to the pool area for safety reasons as our front desk staff need an unobstructed view of the pool area just in case one of our guests is having difficulties. It is unfortunate that the situation at breakfast limited your enjoyment of the pool, but I hope you will visit us again the next time you are in North Bay and can enjoy your morning swim.

Been to Travelodge Airport North Bay? Share your experiences!