“Two nights spent here - 25 year old couple” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Travelodge Airport North Bay

You added Travelodge Airport North Bay to your Saves list
Travelodge Airport North Bay
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   1525 Seymour Street (Hwy 11 & 17), North Bay, Ontario P1B 8G4, Canada   |
Ranked #16 of 26 Hotels in North Bay
Barrie, Ontario, Canada
“Two nights spent here - 25 year old couple”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

I stayed at the Travel Lodge "Airport" in North Bay in April. With very few options for places to stay in North Bay, I narrowed it down to two hotels, the Travel Lodge and the Holiday Inn Express.

I ended up staying at the Travel Lodge for $250.00 for two weekend nights. I stayed in one of their updated rooms and it wasnt bad.

They offer a pool, hot tub, and little convenient store in the lobby. There is also a resturant right next door that serves up some good food and cold drinks.

A plus about this hotel when we stayed there was that they didnt require a pre auth for incidentals to check in. This was a nice bonus because sometimes hotels will pre auth $100-$200 a night and it gets expensive.

Over all my experience here was pretty good, I will try the Holiday Inn express next time, however if you are looking for a place to sleep and relax at an affordable rate, this is the hotel for you.

It is also close to most stuff in North Bay.

Cheers

Room Tip: No elevator so if you have lots of luggage stay on the first floor. Resturant next door does discoun...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Kevin S, Manager at Travelodge Airport North Bay, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to point out the advantages of the Travelodge Airport and I'm glad you found the location convenient and the amenities met your needs. I hope you will consider us again on your next trip to North Bay.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Dawson Creek, British Columbia, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

We stayed here last week on our drive across Canada, and it was really nice. The rooms and hotel were a bit dated but it was very reasonably priced and the staff was very friendly. The patio doors to parking are super convenient if you're travelling with lots of luggage! I'll stay here again next time I'm passing thru.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Kevin S, Manager at Travelodge Airport North Bay, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Thank you for the very positive feedback and comments. I have passed your service compliments on to the staff and we're glad you found the hotel well suited to your needs. We hope to see you again on your next trip through North Bay.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013 via mobile

I travel very frequently for work and have been to this Travelodge about 4 or 5 times. This is the worst hotel I've stayed, in terms of service. We had a contract with our company and the credit card was on file. For whatever reason, this sent the front desk into a loop and check in was always at least a half hour. One time it took 45 minutes to check in.

The rooms were alright, but I my stays were week-long and I would request a room with a fridge. I only got the fridge once. The heating in one room was broken in the middle of winter, but front desk didn't care and assumed that I didn't know how to work the heater - please keep in mind that I travel frequently and am well-acquainted with hotel rooms and heaters. One time my room was located beside the staff washrooms and every night I was woken 3-4 times because of the loud rush of water caused by toilet flushing.

Lastly, I forgot my $200 hair straightener in the room in my rush to leave. When I returned home, I immediately called the hotel to ask them to keep the straightener safe until I returned 3 weeks later. I was informed that there was no straightener in the room. I am certain that I left it plugged in before I left and that the maid stole it.

My work has since switched contracts and I will be staying at the Comfort Inn for all future business trips. They have much better service and am much more organized - check in is smooth, I am guaranteed a room with a fridge, the staff are kind and courteous and the breakfast is much better.

• Stayed March 2013
Thank you for the straightforward feedback and comments. While we try to ensure the check-in process goes as quickly and smoothly as possible this was obviously not the case in your experience.

We are always looking for ways to improve our guests' experience and would welcome the opportunity to discuss your concerns with the property management team.
Buffalo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

Convenient location for a stop iff point on my way to Timmins. Staff nice. Breakfast pretty good. Reasonably priced.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Langley City, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

The insulation from the outside noise isn't nearly what it needs to be. We could hear people hollering down the hallway at all hours of the night. It was a rough sleep. The beds themselves were comfortable and the room was clean, but it wasn't the best experience we've ever had with the Travelodge chain. You may want to consider going somewhere else if you're travelling with a family and you're looking for a quiet stay.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

My boyfriend and our son stayed at the hotel in November 2012.
The rooms were fine, staff was fine and we also appreciated the free breakfast…HOWEVER, both my son and my boyfriend got pink eye!
I’m not sure how it happened, if it was from the pool or the room, but it was H*ll!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thunder Bay, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

I had the opportunity to stay at this hotel on a recent trip. The positives include clean rooms (even though the decor is dated), good location, and good value since your stay will include breakfast.
Now onto the negatives, which include staff attitude and questions regarding their animal policy. While there, someone had a dog that jumped on me and would not leave me alone. I was quite frightened, and upon seeing this the staff working at the front desk did nothing; they never even told the person that dogs could not be off-leash. I had to tell the owner to get a handle on their dog. After this, the owner took the dog into the breakfast area and left it off leash. None of the staff in the breakfast area told him to get his dog out of there. The staff working at the desk made a comment towards me since I kept on looking out for the dog given that its behavior had frightened me. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone given this experience. Having stayed at pet friendly hotels before, I have never had such an experience whereby animals are allowed to room free and the staff just stand by and watch. I'm also a dog person, however I don't appreciate having a dog I don't know jump on me and display aggressive behaviour while employees do nothing.
Do yourself a favor and spend the extra 20$ to stay at the Holiday Express across the road.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Been to Travelodge Airport North Bay? Share your experiences!