“Okay sleep, but loud at times” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Travelodge Airport North Bay

Save Saved
You added Travelodge Airport North Bay to your Saves list
Travelodge Airport North Bay
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   1525 Seymour Street (Hwy 11 & 17), North Bay, Ontario P1B 8G4, Canada   |
Ranked #15 of 26 hotels in North Bay
Langley City, Canada
“Okay sleep, but loud at times”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

The insulation from the outside noise isn't nearly what it needs to be. We could hear people hollering down the hallway at all hours of the night. It was a rough sleep. The beds themselves were comfortable and the room was clean, but it wasn't the best experience we've ever had with the Travelodge chain. You may want to consider going somewhere else if you're travelling with a family and you're looking for a quiet stay.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

71 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

My boyfriend and our son stayed at the hotel in November 2012.
The rooms were fine, staff was fine and we also appreciated the free breakfast…HOWEVER, both my son and my boyfriend got pink eye!
I’m not sure how it happened, if it was from the pool or the room, but it was H*ll!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thunder Bay, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

I had the opportunity to stay at this hotel on a recent trip. The positives include clean rooms (even though the decor is dated), good location, and good value since your stay will include breakfast.
Now onto the negatives, which include staff attitude and questions regarding their animal policy. While there, someone had a dog that jumped on me and would not leave me alone. I was quite frightened, and upon seeing this the staff working at the front desk did nothing; they never even told the person that dogs could not be off-leash. I had to tell the owner to get a handle on their dog. After this, the owner took the dog into the breakfast area and left it off leash. None of the staff in the breakfast area told him to get his dog out of there. The staff working at the desk made a comment towards me since I kept on looking out for the dog given that its behavior had frightened me. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone given this experience. Having stayed at pet friendly hotels before, I have never had such an experience whereby animals are allowed to room free and the staff just stand by and watch. I'm also a dog person, however I don't appreciate having a dog I don't know jump on me and display aggressive behaviour while employees do nothing.
Do yourself a favor and spend the extra 20$ to stay at the Holiday Express across the road.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

We had a multi-night stay over a long weekend. Some thoughts on our visit:

The location of the hotel is great as it is easy to get to as it is right off of the highway with lots of free parking. But since North Bay isn't that big, we were minutes away from the mall, downtown and other attractions.

Rooms were basic but very clean. Pillows were fluffy and the sheets soft, not the itchy kind found in most hotels. The housekeeping staff was on top of things.

Neither the pool or hot tub is very large and far from Olympic standards, but both met our needs of swimming a few lengths and relaxing in the hot tub.

Continental breakfast is nothing fancy but hits the spot. It consisted of a selection of fresh fruit, bagels, bread, cereal, yogurt, etc. Coffee is hot and fresh. And plentiful!

All the staff were very friendly and polite! I would recommend staying at the Travelodge Airport North Bay if you are looking for a good value accommodation.

Room Tip: Pick a room on the second floor in the back. Easy access to your room from the parking lot.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Barrie, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

Upon check in, found there was no elevator, and my spouse can't do stairs. I had to pay extra for a ground floor room just because it had a fridge and a patio which i might add had no where to sit. Is that not discrimination against the disabled. Who charges for a fridge and patio ? And could they explain what "upgraded tv channels" means when there is more channels on an antenna. The lamp inside the door was hanging crooked and not very secure. Front desk staff didn't seem to even care. Was here for two nights but i cancelled the second and went to best western and paid less, yes less. The room smells of smoke and it's a smokefree room, don't ask what the halls smelled like. This is a pathetic excuse for a hotel room at these rates anyway.And I thought the visit in Ottawa was the worse. The hot tub is smaller than a kiddy pool, and the pool is only 4 ft deep and you must use the towel from your room. I feel like i'm in a redneck hotel, sorry ottawa east, there is indeed worse than yours. Bright pink tiles in the bathroom reminds me of "well". Travelodge can't justify rates equal to anyone else especially with this kind of garbage. Sad, just very sad.

Room Tip: Run as fast as you can !
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

I recently stayed with the nice folks at the Travelodge Airport in North Bay while in town on business. The service was excellent and all my requests and questions were answered. I was able to bring my young family with me on this trip and the pool and breakfast were a BIG HIT! I plan on being back again for business and pleasure in future - and this Travelodge will be my choice!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2012

We've been staying here on business for years and have enjoyed the warm, personal attention given by the ladies at reception. They have always treated us like fond friends and no request has been denied. Since the unfortunate fire at Travelodge, renovations were completed and the rooms are so much nicer...gold-coloured bedspreads, comfy pillows, improved bathroom bathroom vanities. A comfortable sleep is commonplace (aside from the occasional slammed doors and hallway noises...not the fault of the hotel, of course). Continental breakfast is nothing spectacular...consists of boiled eggs, bagels, yogurt, etc...typical. The pool is great. Location (just off Hwy 17) is ideal.

Stayed April 2012, traveled on business

Been to Travelodge Airport North Bay? Share your experiences!