“2nd May/6th June 2012 - 3rd Long stay visit in last 5 years” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Travelodge Airport North Bay

Save Saved
You added Travelodge Airport North Bay to your Saves list
Travelodge Airport North Bay
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   1525 Seymour Street (Hwy 11 & 17), North Bay, Ontario P1B 8G4, Canada   |
Ranked #15 of 26 hotels in North Bay
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“2nd May/6th June 2012 - 3rd Long stay visit in last 5 years”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

On our last three trips from England to North Bay to visit our family we have stayed at the Airport Travelodge for four/five week stays. All the Staff went out of their way to look after us and were friendly and polite. We had a very comfortable bed and the room (the same one on each visit as it was quiet and overlooked the back of the building) was pleasant and clean - with a refrigerator and microwave.
The Continental breakfast was excellent with a good choice.
The Pool and whirlpool were a bonus for us each day.
It was obvious to us that it is a very well managed Hotel.
We shall no doubt return to the North Bay Airport Travelodge on our next visit.
Thank you to all the Staff for a pleasant visit.

Room Tip: Second floor, south side are quieter
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

67 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Dundas, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel many times over the years and my stay has always been excellent. The new renovations really have improved the overall quality of the hotel. The staff are always polite and helpful, the rooms are clean and beautiful, and the pool and hot tub are great for the family! This is a wonderful home away from home. I would definitely recommend!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
around the world
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012

Stayed for a few days at this hotel for business, but would not return. The washroom smelled, the carpet had a stain on it, the doors outside wouldn't open - overall, the hotel looks tired and uncared-for.
The staff were nice and it looked as if the continental breakfast would have been fine.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Peterborough, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

We stayed at this hotel in 2011 during a hockey tournament and they charged us for an extra night even though we didn't want to stay that night. We got to pay a special rate which turned out to be more than their regular rate. We got the royal treatment.

Others staying there for the same tournament were not charged the additional night. We have complained to the manager, head office and to the Better Business Bureau, with no positive results.

We have since made an effort to never stay at any Travelodge anywhere in North America.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
Durham, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 29, 2012

|Access to the room for snowmobilers was excellent - right up to the door & trail was right to the hotel. Bed was a little hard, plenty of hot water. Staff was very accomodating & friendly. Would recommend.

Room Tip: No elevator - so make sure you can handle bringing baggage up stairs if on 2nd floor.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Toronto
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2012

The restaurant is not under the same roof but across the parking lot and up some stairs. The entire hotel smelled like smoke, including my non-smoking room. The free breakfast was not appetizing and I ended up skipping it all together.
I would describe the room I stayed in as "half renovated". There was a new vanity in the bathroom but the same old tired pink tiles and discoloured bathtub right beside it. There was no toilet paper holder- the roll was just sitting on the vanity. The heater did not have a thermostat and had to be controlled manually. It ran all night.
I am not sure where the pictures "supplied by the management" posted on this website came from but they do not look like they were taken at the hotel that I stayed at.
That being said, the staff was friendly, the bed was comfortable and the room appeared to be fairly clean with the exception of needing to be vacuumed.
In my opinion it was overpriced for what I got even in North Bay where hotel rates are inexplicably high. I will not stay here again unless I have no other choice.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
Montreal, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2012

The Motel is parallel to a main road but has so direct access to or from the road-you have to drive in from behind a car dealership from a road not even visible to or from the Motel. Walking in & out of the place was also a chore as it required negotiating your way through a series of car parks unrelated to the Motel, since the main road is not accessible by foot from the Motel either. I paid for a film in the room-a hollywood blockbuster-which cost me almost 20 bucks and the film suffered from washed out color & 'video damage' in the beginning of it. The heater in the room became erratic and became either too hot or too cold ruining a nights sleep. There was also a series of loud door slams starting around 3am not far from where I was. The front desk was contacted by me but said they had heard nothing even though they were not far away from where my room was. The next day I asked to talk to the manager & I was told that person would not be around for a week. I was there for two nights. One was ok but the last one was terrible. I would not recommend this Motel.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Travelodge Airport North Bay? Share your experiences!