“snogoers” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Travelodge Airport North Bay

Save Saved
You added Travelodge Airport North Bay to your Saves list
Travelodge Airport North Bay
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   1525 Seymour Street (Hwy 11 & 17), North Bay, Ontario P1B 8G4, Canada   |
Ranked #15 of 26 hotels in North Bay
Durham, Canada
“snogoers”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 29, 2012

|Access to the room for snowmobilers was excellent - right up to the door & trail was right to the hotel. Bed was a little hard, plenty of hot water. Staff was very accomodating & friendly. Would recommend.

Room Tip: No elevator - so make sure you can handle bringing baggage up stairs if on 2nd floor.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family

68 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Toronto
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2012

The restaurant is not under the same roof but across the parking lot and up some stairs. The entire hotel smelled like smoke, including my non-smoking room. The free breakfast was not appetizing and I ended up skipping it all together.
I would describe the room I stayed in as "half renovated". There was a new vanity in the bathroom but the same old tired pink tiles and discoloured bathtub right beside it. There was no toilet paper holder- the roll was just sitting on the vanity. The heater did not have a thermostat and had to be controlled manually. It ran all night.
I am not sure where the pictures "supplied by the management" posted on this website came from but they do not look like they were taken at the hotel that I stayed at.
That being said, the staff was friendly, the bed was comfortable and the room appeared to be fairly clean with the exception of needing to be vacuumed.
In my opinion it was overpriced for what I got even in North Bay where hotel rates are inexplicably high. I will not stay here again unless I have no other choice.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
Montreal, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2012

The Motel is parallel to a main road but has so direct access to or from the road-you have to drive in from behind a car dealership from a road not even visible to or from the Motel. Walking in & out of the place was also a chore as it required negotiating your way through a series of car parks unrelated to the Motel, since the main road is not accessible by foot from the Motel either. I paid for a film in the room-a hollywood blockbuster-which cost me almost 20 bucks and the film suffered from washed out color & 'video damage' in the beginning of it. The heater in the room became erratic and became either too hot or too cold ruining a nights sleep. There was also a series of loud door slams starting around 3am not far from where I was. The front desk was contacted by me but said they had heard nothing even though they were not far away from where my room was. The next day I asked to talk to the manager & I was told that person would not be around for a week. I was there for two nights. One was ok but the last one was terrible. I would not recommend this Motel.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2011

I booked a business room in this supposedly "recently renovated" hotel. The room had a king bed and new desk, but no couch or chair. The refrigerator was extremely noisey as was the HVAC system which had to be manually controlled (no thermostat). The breakfast bar was meagre and had cold hard boiled eggs and the sually cereals and muffin/bagels.

Pretty standard Travelodge experience, but at $182 a night with tax, overpriced by half.

Will try the Holiday Inn across the road next time.

Room Tip: Check out other properties before you book
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Courtice, Ontario
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2011

Booked this hotel in North Bay to attend a family wedding. The invitations included 3 hotel suggestions but we went with Travelodge because of the photos of the rooms on their website. Pillowtop beds and getting a great nights sleep. As it turned out our room was nothing like the photos. Everything else aside we were not going to be in our room much, but upon our return and going to bed, we slept perhaps 1 hour if that. The mattress was horrible and so uncomfortable and the pillows were lumpy and old. We finally got up at 4:30 realizing we were not going to get any sleep and started packing up. When we went to the front desk at 7 after breakfast we were told that a manager could not be reached and there was nothing they could do about our restless sleep. She was surprised the bed was not comortable because all the mattresses had been changed recently. We asked her to get a hold of someone that could help us with our complaint and we would wait in our room for a call. While back in the room I checked the mattress and behold there was wear and tear around the handles on the sides and it was definately not new...So now lying to the guests is part of good guest services. So the short of it is we are going to wait for a response to our complaint. When asked if their was an emergency at the hotel , how does the front desk clerk get a hold of the manager, the answer was she couldn't. I asked , why not call her cell phone, and was told the manager did not have one. Really, in this day and age. Anyway don't waste your money on this establishment. It was also very pricey for North Bay.

Room Tip: Nothing I could say to help others, other than do NOT stay at Travelodge Airport North Bay. Ask to...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
travelodgenorthbay, General Manager at Travelodge Airport North Bay, responded to this review, November 26, 2011
As the manager of the Travelodge Airport North Bay, I would like to sincerely apologize to you for the lack of sleep and comfort you encountered during your stay. Our goal is to ensure each and every guest enjoys a restful and pleasant experience with us. To honour our commitment to you, I have issued a full refund on your stay with us.

I am sorry that your concerns were not dealt with before departing the hotel. If I may clarify for you. Our Guest Service Agent only provided the information that she believed to be accurate. During our renovations, we did receive new pillowtop bed sets for over 95% of our hotel. The smoking king rooms are being renovated by the end of this year and will have our new pillowtop mattresses.

I truly hope that you will return again in the future so that we can provide you with the wonderful service that we pride ourselves on and you should have received on your first stay. Thank you.
Madoc, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2011

reasonable accomodations. continental breakfast OK, but was really crowded requiring us to bring the food to our room to eat. Whirlpool barely adequate.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Sudbury, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2011

This Travelodge has very clean rooms.The negative factor is the walls are not that well sound proofed and noises can also be heard from the hallway.Very comfortable beds.Fabulous continental breakfast.Good coffee,yogurt,boiled eggs,several types of juices and standard array of muffins,toast etc.I thought you could really be quite satisfied with this breakfast.Overall was quite satisfied.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Travelodge Airport North Bay? Share your experiences!