“Clean pleasant place, helpful staff” 4 of 5 stars

Low Rate, Guaranteed
Ranked #10 of 26 hotels in North Bay
GreenLeadersGold level
Barrie, Canada
“Clean pleasant place, helpful staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2011

I stay here lots for business and its always, clean comfortable, in room fridge, great internet and it has large vehicle parking. I've never eaten here, I hear its good but visiting "Churchill's" restaurant is a must. Its about a 10 minute walk away.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
GSMBWNB, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN North Bay Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, August 20, 2011
Hello Ramblings, I appreciate your kind words about the Best Western North Bay. We are fortunate to be located near some great restaurants. Thank you for your comment about our free high-speed internet. I am happy to let you know that we will soon be offering wireless internet in all our guest rooms as well as the wired option. Please be sure to give us a call the next time you need to stay in North Bay. We look forward to seeing you again. Cindy

142 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
New Lisekard
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2011

All was amazing, great service overall. The pool was clean and restaurant food was also great...menu has alot of choices...pasta is great. New beds in all the rooms. super comfty...

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Dear Angellove, thank you for your kind review. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed Farina Ristorante during your stay. I have to agree, the pasta is great! I am happy that you enjoyed our new beds. They really are comfortable. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel the next time you are in North Bay. Cindy
Barrie, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2011

Although recently renovated, the walls still seem very thin. Unfortunately, it makes it difficult to work or relax when you can constantly hear doors slamming, water running, children yelling and running down the hallway and dogs barking. The rooms don't have amazingly DON'T have wifi and the ethernet cord in there is 3 ft long. There is also no extra plug for a laptop unless I crawl under the dusty desk and start unplugging things. The ancient TV is horrible quality and has no A/V ports for anything so you are stuck with the poor reception for cable. The hotel vaguely smells like stale smoke still (especially the lobby) and the whole room in general needs a good cleaning. Also, for some reason there is no microwave, just a fridge.

Bottom line: if you're just here for a day or two for a tournament with the family, I think it's fine. If you're here for a vacation or business and you're going to be in your room for any length of time, I recommend finding a more comfortable hotel.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
GSMBWNB, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN North Bay Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, May 20, 2011
Thank you so much for taking the time to review the Best Western North Bay. It is always great to receive honest feedback from our guests. It is because of guest feedback that we are able to make the necessary changes to our product such as reducing the number of smoking rooms on site and replacing all our beds with new pillow top mattresses and duvets. Comments about the internet service has prompted our management team to look at ways to improve the service to our guest rooms.
We do hope that you will stay with us the next time you are in North Bay.
Exeter, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2011

Stayed here March 2011 with two young children and my dog. The rooms were very clean and a good size. Pool area is very nice, no towels available though(can get them at front desk). The staff was great, very helpful and even called to make sure the room was OK and see if we needed anything. Location was great for hubby to go fishing, right across the road from the lake. Would stay here again for sure!!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
GSMBWNB, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN North Bay Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, April 27, 2011
Thank you for your review of the Best Western North Bay. We are please to have had you as our guest and hope to have you return in the future.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2011

2 words Great Beds. Lots of staff working also I really like properties that have a lot of staff on site even on weekends .I guess my only cplaint is that the high speed is wired not wifi.

• Stayed March 2011
Thank you for your kind review. Our new pillow top mattresses are amazing. We have received wonderful compliments about them. It is because of our guest reviews and comments that we are able to make the necessary changes in our product and services. We look forward to your return.
Burlington, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2011

Stayed at this Best Western on Tuesday 28 December 2010 for 1 night. Check in was fast & efficient; room was clean and spacious. Great staff willing to help and assist in any way possible. Room had a larger than usual fridge, and a microwave. I will stay here again. The only negative was there was no complimentary breakfast as I have experienced at other Best Westerns ( and the majority of other hotels I have stayed at)... just a discount coupon for the on site resteraunt; not a big deal though. Wire hig speed is also available.

Booking tip: when I booked this hotel I found that the prices varied by as much as $35.00 depending on which option I selected ( CAA membership, best rate, internet rate etc).. the internet rate was by far the cheapest.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
GSMBWNB, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN North Bay Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, January 5, 2011
We appreciate your thorough and complimentary review of the Best Western North Bay. We hope that you will continue to have us as your hotel of choice in North Bay and look forward to welcoming you back.
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2010

We stayed here for a local hockey tournament. While the room was clean and the hotel was convenient to stores, attractions, and arenas, I can't say much else nice about it.

The hotel is in the middle of a much needed renovation. The lobby was ripped up getting new tiles when we were there.

We were a family of four staying in a two double bed room. The beds, being doubles, were very small for two people. The matresses didn't help us to sleep any better either -- they transmitted motion from the other person in the bed very easily. The sheets were also past due for replacement. My wife slipped and fell one morning in the shower, which had nothing on the floor to prevent slipping. The heating unit was noisy and required constant adjustment of the temperature knob as the outside temperature changed throughout the day. There was no thermostat control. In 2010? Hello, the 1960s are calling -- they want their heater back. The swimming pool smelled very strongly of chlorine. The smell burned the sinuses. The pool water wasn't too clear so I didn't go for a swim, but my daughter did and indicated it burned the eyes. My guess (as a pool owner) is the Ph was wildly out of whack. Pools towels were not provided, but apparently you could go to the desk to ask.

Room and hotel entrance access was through electronic key cards. We had three, one each for my wife and I and another for my son. They constantly failed and required visits to the front desk to re-program. The staff initially blamed me for perhaps putting my card in my wallet in the vicinity of other cards, but they failed just as quickly when I started putting the card in another pocket well away from my wallet. Other members of our hockey team had the same observation. I was locked out of the hotel on a visit to the parking lot and I started carrying all three cards when I left the room so that one might work when I returned. Over two days, I made three trips to the front desk to get cards reprogrammed, but I could have made more if I went as often as they failed.

Lastly, the rate was exhorbitant for a hotel of this quality. I heard from my team manager that hotels often soak hockey teams when there is a tournament in town. I had a look on some online booking web sites and think she was right. We paid much higher rates.

The fitness centre was the smallest I've ever seen in a hotel of this size, with one elliptical, one treadmill, and one universal weight machine. Towels were not provided. Like the pool, I guess guests are expected to go and ask.

Only stay here if you can get a really good rate!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
GSMBWNB, Manager at BEST WESTERN North Bay Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, November 26, 2010
The management of the Best Western North Bay Hotel and Conference Centre was distressed to read your review and would like to thank you for taking the time to leave such candid feedback. By reading each of these reviews we are able to recognize areas in need of improvement and take the appropriate actions to correct them. We do hope that you would reconsider and stay with us again in the future. Our renovations are almost complete with the arrival of our new beds and linens this week.

Been to BEST WESTERN North Bay Hotel & Conference Centre? Share your experiences!