“A Business Traveller's Dream!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn by Hilton North Bay

Save Saved
You added Hampton Inn by Hilton North Bay to your Saves list
Hampton Inn by Hilton North Bay
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   950 McKeown Avenue, North Bay, Ontario P1B 9P3 , Canada   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Double HHonors Points
Ranked #1 of 25 hotels in North Bay
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
“A Business Traveller's Dream!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

We stayed at the Hampton Inn - what a pleasure! Friendly staff, clean, well- appointed rooms and a fantastic breakfast buffet. Used their gym with new equipment. Will stay again if I am back in the area!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
carrie_delongchamp, General Manager at Hampton Inn by Hilton North Bay, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Dear Sue O,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review based on your recent stay with The Hampton Inn By Hilton North Bay. It is only through the feedback of our guests that we can truly determine how we are doing.
I was thrilled to read that you found our staff friendly, our rooms clean and our breakfast plentiful. Should you return to North Bay we would certainly love the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel.

192 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

The front desk staff were very friendly and informed us of everything available at the hotel. The hotel is clean and well maintained. They had a lovely bowl of fruit at the front desk, free papers and a large selection for the free breakfast. The breakfast was very good. Our room was very clean and the beds were comfortable. The hotel is in a good location with shopping and restaurants nearby. A few of the restaurants give discounts to Hampton Inn residents which is very nice. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
carrie_delongchamp, General Manager at Hampton Inn by Hilton North Bay, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Dear CanadaValerie7

Thank you for sharing your experience based on your recent stay with The Hampton Inn By Hilton North Bay with the tripadvisor.com community.
It is great to read that our staff was friendly and thorough with providing you the information you needed to make your stay a comfortable one and that you enjoyed all the amenities the hotel has to offer.
I would also like to thank you for your recommendation and do hope to have another opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Georgetown, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

good;
-------
clean
quiet
show your room key at Boston Pizza or Swiss Chalet and get a discount
cable channels nice and clear
heater is quiet
good location - near everything

bad;
------
internet speed only 300k up/down can't watch any video and surfing is slow even with the cabled connection
coffee maker in the bathroom - awkward to put water in and it is right beside the outlet - yikes...

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear Georgetown_minky

I would like to thank you for your recent review based on your stay with The Hampton Inn By Hilton North Bay.
I apologize with regards to the internet connection. It was brought to our attention that it was performing slower than usual. We have reached out to our provider and I am happy to say that it is running as it should be now. I would also like to thank you for your feedback concerning the coffee maker, this is a point that has not yet been brought up to us and we will certainly re-evaluate the placement of the maker in the room.
Overall, I'm thrilled that you found our location to be convenient, clean and quiet and do hope to have another opportunity to welcome you back.

Katrine Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

In August, I had to bring my 84 year old mother to North Bay for surgery. I called around to various hotels, and really didn't get a good feeling. Called the Hampton and asked about a hospital rate. Yup.. good rate which included breakfast. The hotel is right next to the Shoppers Drug Mart, and across the street from Tim's. We also got 20% off at Swiss Chalet which was a couple of minutes away. What more could you want? We ended up staying two nights. The room was fantastic, the staff was very helpful, and the breakfast was amazing.
The staff really went out of their way to help me get my mother out of the car after surgery and up to the room. Especially, Marlene at the front desk.
The room was clean and comfortable. Ask them about the drawer ghost on the second floor and you are sure to get a laugh. When you look at it, it stays in..but turn away and it gradually opens for no apparent reason.
I would highly recommend this hotel. I usually stay at the Marriott, but after this experience, I am doing a rethink and checking out other Hilton properties.
You certainly #1.
Thanks Liisa

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear Liisa D

I would like to thank you for your very generous review regarding your stay with the Hampton Inn By Hilton North Bay. I'm thrilled that our staff was able to help you and your mother when needed. A special thank you for recognizing Marleen for her efforts. She is certainly an asset to our Guest Service team!
Please know that the comments you made in your review will be passed on to all of our team members.
Should you find yourself travelling to North Bay again we would love to welcome you back.

Englehart, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

From the first minute we were made to feel very welcome, by Tyler, at the front desk. He was smart and polite and made my daughter and I feel important. We enjoyed our room very much, which smelled very clean and was neat and tidy. The always available hot chocolate was a huge hit for my daughter! Breakfast was fresh and varied, with a great fruit salad. Centrally located and our new favourite for North Bay. Booked by phone as it was last minute and were very happy with a reduced rate as we had a medical appointment. Thank you Hampton Inn, we'll be back!

Room Tip: We stayed in Room 206, which was very close to the elevator, but not noisy.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
carrie_delongchamp, General Manager at Hampton Inn by Hilton North Bay, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Dear Annen935

I would like to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel based on your recent stay with us. It is so great to hear about the friendly service that Tyler provided to both you and your daughter. It's always exciting to read the reviews where we can specifically acknowledge one of our team members. Please know that this review has been shared with the rest of the team.
I'm also thrilled to hear that you did enjoy our breakfast and the comfort of our guest room. The hot chocolate is always a favorite amongst the younger guests :).
We do appreciate your loyalty with us and look forward to welcoming you and your family back.

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

My stay at this hotel exceeded my expectations - the Front Desk was friendly, helpful, and always polite. There is complimentary coffee/tea available 24/7 and a very beautiful lounge area to sip your hot beverage while doing quiet reading, etc.

My room was very lovely, clean, and comfortable - as was the rest of the hotel - the hallways, lobby, elevators...

The location of the hotel is also situated at a very convenient location for me - right beside a number of selection of restaurants and plazas, including Sobey's, No Frills, Zellers, and Shoppers.

Overall, I had a really lovely experience - and really feel that the Hampton Inn offered great value for my stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
carrie_delongchamp, General Manager at Hampton Inn by Hilton North Bay, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Dear QWERTY_123_456_12

I love the name! Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review based on your recent stay with The Hampton By Hilton North Bay. It is always nice to know that our hotel and staff are meeting our guests expectations when it comes to service and quality.
Should you find yourself travelling to North Bay in the future we would love the opportunity to once again be your home away from home.

Hampton By Hilton North Bay
Ottawa,On
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

I stayed with my wife who was in North Bay working course for a medical association. We were surprised when we arrived that there was only one vehicle in the parking lot and thought could this be a sign of things to come? Not at all. This was hotel met or exceeded our expectations. The only issue we had was that we were not able to check in to our room until almost 3 o'clock.

We were greeted by the front desk staff with a warm smile and a number of helpful tips for the area. The large bowl of fresh fruit and the pots of coffee in the lobby are certainly a nice touch and we made more use of it than we thought. The common areas are extemely clean, bright and tastefully decorated. There is a small gym and a small pool (Do not expect to swim long laps, great for kids. A hot tub would be a nice feature.) that will meet your basic needs.

The rooms are very large and the bathrooms are well appointed. The rooms are kept very clean and the beds and bedding are of very high quality. The free wifi works well in all areas of the hotels.

The free breakfast was much better than I thought it would be. The waffles, well you will just have to try yourself but you will not be disappointed. Each morning there was a very good selection of fruit, cereal, pastries and yogurt. It would have been so easy to have the same hot items each morning but each morning there was something different (scrambled eggs, omletts, bacon, back bacon, sausage links, sausage patties, beans, potatoes were some of the selections we had during our stay). I will say that the quality of the fruit was by far the best I have come across during my stays at hotels that offer a free breakfast. Also, the staff that work the breakfast area where friendly and were quick to respond to any requests that we had.

There are a number of places to eat within a short walking distance of the hotel and with your room key, you get a 15% at a few of the local eateries. (Staff will let you know which ones)

That staff throughout the whole hotel were friendly, we were greeted with a smile and a hi everytime we passed a staff member.

The only thing missing from this hotel is a lounge/bar to have a relaxing drink at the end of the day. I have stayed at similar hotels in the U.S where they had a managers evening wine happy hour from 5 to 7. I wonder if it has ever been considered to have something similar like this at this hotel, but to feature some of the great micro brewed beers. Just a thought.

I will certainly recommend and stay at this hotel in the future.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear Duane L

I would like to thank you for providing such a great review based on your recent stay with The Hampton By Hilton North Bay.
I'm thrilled that our empty parking lot didn't deter you from staying with us...I'm sure it wasn't empty for long.
Your comments regarding our staff are certainly appreciated and I will be sure to pass them along to our team. It is always gratifying to know that the service they provide is being acknowledged.
I do understand that many hotels put together an evening reception one night during the week. This is something we have thought about previously and will certainly note your comments concerning this type of event.
Duane L, I would like to once again thank you for your descriptive review and look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel.

Hampton By Hilton North Bay

Been to Hampton Inn by Hilton North Bay? Share your experiences!