“Wonderful Place” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Franklin Motel-Tent and Trailer Park

Franklin Motel-Tent and Trailer Park
You added Franklin Motel-Tent and Trailer Park to your Saves list
Franklin Motel-Tent and Trailer Park
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   444 Lakeshore Drive, North Bay, Ontario P1A 2E1, Canada   |
Ranked #7 of 26 Hotels in North Bay
North Bay, Canada
“Wonderful Place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

I had booked a room at another Motel not far from here. Upon checking in I could not access Internet, I called the front desk for over 2 hours, with no answer. Upset and Angry I called Franklin at 9pm, they had a vacancay so I came to stay here. My Laptop is missing the "E" button and when I asked the gentleman if the Password required and "E" he said. This man was generouse enough to Loan me a Keyboard for my entire stay, I told him he could charge me a deposit on it and he politely smiled and said No.
This is a nice place to stay, its close to everything you could possibly need, and the Service was Incredible.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank Tarry D

Brampton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

very nice staff welcome with smile and really good rate spacious and clean rooms free wi fi and continental breakfast was great close to the city walkiing distance to beach and timis definately I will come back

Room Tip: room on the lake side has a very nice view
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Shelbyville, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014

The Franklin Motel is a convienent, clean and comfortable place to stay in North Bay.
The owners are very accommodating and helpful. Room was very nice size and there was a frig and Micro. I will recommend it.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Thunder Bay, Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

I forgot some camera memory card and hotel mailed it to me right away. accommodating about cleaning rooms, clearing garbage, and supplying fresh towels for me and my elderly parents for both our rooms. They worked with our schedule and came with 2 or 3 family members when asked to clean our room at our convenience. Very friendly staff.Hotel is located right across the street from several very nice beaches and close to shopping and grocery store, and you could walk to Tim Horton's for your morning coffee.

Room Tip: Ask for room with sliding glass doors for a view of the pool
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

I can recommend this Motel. It´s clean, has spacious rooms (double) and very friendly staff. The breakfast is good (not excellent) and even after the schedule they gave me breakfast. The pool was not in use - october?
BTW: I found the cache in the park!

Room Tip: I just know the double, but this is good!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

I thought this motel was great. I love these little mom and pop businesses, They actually care about you. The rooms were spotless, they weren't cheap with the shampoo, soap, towels or anything for that matter. You have all the luxaries of home including free wifi.
There is also a continental breakfast and a pool and outdoor park if you have children. I will without a doubt stay here next time I'm in north bay.

Rev.J.C.E.Dr.Div.

• Stayed September 2013
Thunder Bay, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

The rooms are very small and bathroom even smaller. I don't know about the double rooms but mine was a single. The bed was small and older mattress was a sleepless nite . There where burn holes in the comforter even though it's a non-smoking room. The room was rundown at least the first one they gave me. After refusing to stay in it, they showed me another room it was ok, but not much better. Also when I showed up, I book through Booking.com but the sign at the front desk showed a 10 dollar a night cheaper rate. They wouldn't give me that do to booking on the internet. Would I stay again answer is no.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business