“very helpful” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Franklin Motel-Tent and Trailer Park

Franklin Motel-Tent and Trailer Park
You added Franklin Motel-Tent and Trailer Park to your Saves list
Franklin Motel-Tent and Trailer Park
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   444 Lakeshore Drive, North Bay, Ontario P1A 2E1, Canada   |
Ranked #3 of 26 Hotels in North Bay
Thunder Bay, Ontario, Canada
“very helpful”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

I forgot some camera memory card and hotel mailed it to me right away. accommodating about cleaning rooms, clearing garbage, and supplying fresh towels for me and my elderly parents for both our rooms. They worked with our schedule and came with 2 or 3 family members when asked to clean our room at our convenience. Very friendly staff.Hotel is located right across the street from several very nice beaches and close to shopping and grocery store, and you could walk to Tim Horton's for your morning coffee.

Room Tip: Ask for room with sliding glass doors for a view of the pool
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

I can recommend this Motel. It´s clean, has spacious rooms (double) and very friendly staff. The breakfast is good (not excellent) and even after the schedule they gave me breakfast. The pool was not in use - october?
BTW: I found the cache in the park!

Room Tip: I just know the double, but this is good!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

I thought this motel was great. I love these little mom and pop businesses, They actually care about you. The rooms were spotless, they weren't cheap with the shampoo, soap, towels or anything for that matter. You have all the luxaries of home including free wifi.
There is also a continental breakfast and a pool and outdoor park if you have children. I will without a doubt stay here next time I'm in north bay.

Rev.J.C.E.Dr.Div.

• Stayed September 2013
Thunder Bay, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

The rooms are very small and bathroom even smaller. I don't know about the double rooms but mine was a single. The bed was small and older mattress was a sleepless nite . There where burn holes in the comforter even though it's a non-smoking room. The room was rundown at least the first one they gave me. After refusing to stay in it, they showed me another room it was ok, but not much better. Also when I showed up, I book through Booking.com but the sign at the front desk showed a 10 dollar a night cheaper rate. They wouldn't give me that do to booking on the internet. Would I stay again answer is no.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

Great Accomdation with Family enviorment. I stayed couple of time and I never feel, I am away from my home. Its like Home away Home.Fresh Breakfast, clean pool, sanitize rooms. Great Location for camping and for relaxing.

• Stayed July 2013
Seattle, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

After a week of camping I would have been happy with almost any accommodation...except the Franklin. The "free" WiFi didn't work unless I sat in the motel office. The bathroom was flooded...maybe recently hosed down or maybe the toilet was flooding. All the fixtures needed to have been replaced 15 years ago. I am not a particularly picky traveler but this place is one to go way out of your way to avoid.

Room Tip: Avoid room #12!!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

Many renovations, proper power for the trailer was great! This campsite needed many things, the new owners are making much progress and are great people to deal with. Washrooms and pool very clean. I will be visiting for many years to come!

• Stayed July 2013

Been to Franklin Motel-Tent and Trailer Park? Share your experiences!