“As good as a Motel could be” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Bo-Mark Motel

Bo-Mark Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in North Bay
Bo-Mark Motel
Save Saved
You added Bo-Mark Motel to your Saves list
3207 Hwy 11 N, North Bay, Ontario P1B 8G3, Canada   |
Ranked #2 of 26 hotels in North Bay
Peterborough, Canada
“As good as a Motel could be”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

Great little spot a couple of minutes outside of town. Older building as most motels are, but kept very clean both inside the rooms and out. Reasonably comfortable bed, nice flat screen TV, microwave and fridge. Washrooms are small, but with the sink outside of the tub/toilet area...it's a non issue. Tables and chairs outside of each room. Very friendly and accomodating staff/owners.
$15 - $20 cab ride to downtown North Bay including tip. Multiple truck stops with food, gas etc...30 seconds down the highway.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

34 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Fonthill, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

Across from the Petro and Husky gas station and restaurant.
Small, simple clean little motel. I like that you can pull right up to the door of your hotel.
There was a tv/cable, dvd player, mini fridge and microwave available.
Tv was old and missing buttons, but remote worked fine.
Price is good. Very pet friendly motel. Loved that.
Travelled with my big dog, they even supplied me with poop-bags!
I would stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Very nice little spot, friendly owners. Very clean "old fashioned" motel. But with perks: we were pleasantly surprised to have a hair dryer and coffee pot in our room and be offered coffee, tea or hot chocolate to make. We definitely will stay here again. Good breakfast across the highway at Husky.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Beaver Dam, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

If you're in North Bay, check out this wonderful motel. It truly is the nicest of this type of motel I have ever stayed in. The room was like being in someone's home - exceptionally made of quality materials, incredibly clean, nicely decorated. The door to the room was sturdy and had a storm door on it just like you would put on your house. The room was carpeted, and there was a nice boot/shoe mat to protect the carpet. The bathroom was tiled with ceramic tile, again spotless and new and attractive. There was a nice tv, refrigerator, microwave, sofa, coffee table - all seemingly new and in terrific condition. The queen bed was very comfortable. The wi-fi worked well and easily. The luggage bench was long enough for both our suitcases. The owner who checked us in gave us tea and hot chocolate to make in our room with the lovely electric teapot. I loved this place and would definitely stay here again if in North Bay. It felt like home.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Sault Ste. Marie, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

This little gem of a motel is a two minute drive north from highway 17 in North Bay, close to restaurants and shopping. We have stayed here twice in the last two months, and each time had a very pleasant stay. The rooms are very clean, well maintained and tastefully decorated. We were not bothered by the light highway noise...had a very peaceful sleep. Beds are fairly firm, shower water pressure is excellent. A mini fridge and microwave was very convenient. The owner, Cris, is pleasant and helpful and works very hard at maintaining this lovely motel. There is a little table and chairs outside each room. Rates are much more reasonable than downtown hotels; a fraction of the cost, but the quality of this motel surpasses many of the chain hotels. The only thing I would have liked in the room is a full-length mirror. I would recommend Bo-Mark Motel to anyone looking for a reasonable, quality night's stay.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Saint Paul, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

On my way from Quebec, QC to Sault Ste. Marie, ON, I stayed at the Bo-Mark Motel in North Bay, ON. I chose this motel mainly because of the great reviews that it got on TripAdvisor. I can safely say that I wasn't disappointed one bit and would definitely recommend it to others.

I rarely stay at a "motel", instead, much preferring an interior corridor hotel. My argument has always been based mainly on the quiet nature of a hotel with an inner corridor instead of a motel with each room having its own exterior door. Well, for anyone who has read any of my recent reviews, you can tell that my argument is quickly going out the window as hotel after hotel has failed to provide a few dollars worth of door gasket material and to adjust the door closers so they don't SLAM shut. It's my biggest pet peeve, by far, with hotel rooms and it would be so easy and inexpensive to remedy. There were some very, very slight highway sounds and that was literally music to my ears. That's like counting sheep for me and I couldn't have been happier with how quiet my room was.

The Bo-Mark Motel is a couple of miles up Hwy 11, only a couple of miles from almost anything you may want as far as food choices go. From fast food to grocery stores to restaurants and even a big mall. I have friends in North Bay and they were surprised that I'd choosen a "motel by a truck stop" over a hotel downtown, but I won them over with the TripAdvisor reviews. And, then when I checked in and saw how nice, neat, and clean the room was, I couldn't wait to tell them so they could recommend it to their other traveling friends.

I had an unfortunate bout with food poisoning in Quebec and had to move my reservation at the Bo-Mark back a day, and one of the owners, Cris, was so generous and kind in his e-mails to me. When I finally arrived at the motel he was as nice as I had assumed that he'd be and offered me coffee, tea, or hot chocolate for the hot water maker in the room. That was a nice touch. The room had pretty much everything I'd want in a hotel/motel room: the bathroom was as clean as any that I've seen at any price, the room had a small refrigerator and microwave, the tv had a ton of channels, the wireless was fast, etc. I've always wanted to own a motel like this little jewel and I was thinking to myself that the only small things I might change if I owned this excellent motel would be to change the shower head to a newer "Moen" type adjustable one for a softer spray, and to install a single-handle faucet for the sink, and also to have the carpets extracted to clean up the spots. They may have a carpet extraction machine here and just haven't had time to do this room yet, but it could use a full cleaning to get rid of the spots, undoubtedly put there by people wearing their dirty shoes/boots inside. The bed and pillows were a bit more firm than I'd like, but that's just my preference. Others will probably find them perfect for them. Other than those small things, the room was perfect. Even the front door and screen door were great; brand new and super tight and secure. I can't imagine the amount of work that goes into cleaning and maintaining hotel/motel rooms and the regular maintenance that has to be kept up on so things don't get too overwhelming. They're doing a fantastic job here.

I will be staying here on my return visits to North Bay and I highly recommend this great motel! It's clear that the owners really care about maintenance here and the details are superb, from the tile work in the bathroom to providing everything that a chain hotel offers at literally half the price!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
guelph
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

This is a motel that exceeds its appearance from the highway. We stayed in a cabin that had every convenience one could ask for, was immaculate and backed onto a small pond and woods with a host of singing frogs and silent turtles. We were so pleased with this place we didn't want to leave. It is what all motels should strive to emulate. Owners were friendly and informative. I note that few motels in North Bay get more than 3 stars, and this one is 4+. The Bomark rating is fully deserved. If on stays in North Bay this is the place. The cabin has a nice deck too.

Room Tip: Take the upper floor of cabin if available.