“Clean, friendly, affordable” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bo-Mark Motel

Bo-Mark Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in North Bay
Bo-Mark Motel
Save Saved
You added Bo-Mark Motel to your Saves list
3207 Hwy 11 N, North Bay, Ontario P1B 8G3, Canada   |
Ranked #2 of 26 hotels in North Bay
Sault Ste. Marie, Canada
“Clean, friendly, affordable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

This little gem of a motel is a two minute drive north from highway 17 in North Bay, close to restaurants and shopping. We have stayed here twice in the last two months, and each time had a very pleasant stay. The rooms are very clean, well maintained and tastefully decorated. We were not bothered by the light highway noise...had a very peaceful sleep. Beds are fairly firm, shower water pressure is excellent. A mini fridge and microwave was very convenient. The owner, Cris, is pleasant and helpful and works very hard at maintaining this lovely motel. There is a little table and chairs outside each room. Rates are much more reasonable than downtown hotels; a fraction of the cost, but the quality of this motel surpasses many of the chain hotels. The only thing I would have liked in the room is a full-length mirror. I would recommend Bo-Mark Motel to anyone looking for a reasonable, quality night's stay.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

34 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Saint Paul, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

On my way from Quebec, QC to Sault Ste. Marie, ON, I stayed at the Bo-Mark Motel in North Bay, ON. I chose this motel mainly because of the great reviews that it got on TripAdvisor. I can safely say that I wasn't disappointed one bit and would definitely recommend it to others.

I rarely stay at a "motel", instead, much preferring an interior corridor hotel. My argument has always been based mainly on the quiet nature of a hotel with an inner corridor instead of a motel with each room having its own exterior door. Well, for anyone who has read any of my recent reviews, you can tell that my argument is quickly going out the window as hotel after hotel has failed to provide a few dollars worth of door gasket material and to adjust the door closers so they don't SLAM shut. It's my biggest pet peeve, by far, with hotel rooms and it would be so easy and inexpensive to remedy. There were some very, very slight highway sounds and that was literally music to my ears. That's like counting sheep for me and I couldn't have been happier with how quiet my room was.

The Bo-Mark Motel is a couple of miles up Hwy 11, only a couple of miles from almost anything you may want as far as food choices go. From fast food to grocery stores to restaurants and even a big mall. I have friends in North Bay and they were surprised that I'd choosen a "motel by a truck stop" over a hotel downtown, but I won them over with the TripAdvisor reviews. And, then when I checked in and saw how nice, neat, and clean the room was, I couldn't wait to tell them so they could recommend it to their other traveling friends.

I had an unfortunate bout with food poisoning in Quebec and had to move my reservation at the Bo-Mark back a day, and one of the owners, Cris, was so generous and kind in his e-mails to me. When I finally arrived at the motel he was as nice as I had assumed that he'd be and offered me coffee, tea, or hot chocolate for the hot water maker in the room. That was a nice touch. The room had pretty much everything I'd want in a hotel/motel room: the bathroom was as clean as any that I've seen at any price, the room had a small refrigerator and microwave, the tv had a ton of channels, the wireless was fast, etc. I've always wanted to own a motel like this little jewel and I was thinking to myself that the only small things I might change if I owned this excellent motel would be to change the shower head to a newer "Moen" type adjustable one for a softer spray, and to install a single-handle faucet for the sink, and also to have the carpets extracted to clean up the spots. They may have a carpet extraction machine here and just haven't had time to do this room yet, but it could use a full cleaning to get rid of the spots, undoubtedly put there by people wearing their dirty shoes/boots inside. The bed and pillows were a bit more firm than I'd like, but that's just my preference. Others will probably find them perfect for them. Other than those small things, the room was perfect. Even the front door and screen door were great; brand new and super tight and secure. I can't imagine the amount of work that goes into cleaning and maintaining hotel/motel rooms and the regular maintenance that has to be kept up on so things don't get too overwhelming. They're doing a fantastic job here.

I will be staying here on my return visits to North Bay and I highly recommend this great motel! It's clear that the owners really care about maintenance here and the details are superb, from the tile work in the bathroom to providing everything that a chain hotel offers at literally half the price!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
guelph
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

This is a motel that exceeds its appearance from the highway. We stayed in a cabin that had every convenience one could ask for, was immaculate and backed onto a small pond and woods with a host of singing frogs and silent turtles. We were so pleased with this place we didn't want to leave. It is what all motels should strive to emulate. Owners were friendly and informative. I note that few motels in North Bay get more than 3 stars, and this one is 4+. The Bomark rating is fully deserved. If on stays in North Bay this is the place. The cabin has a nice deck too.

Room Tip: Take the upper floor of cabin if available.
Belleville, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

Motel was amazing. Very good price for what you get. Everything you need for a simple stay over; two very comfortable beds, a TV, small refrigerator, and microwave. The bathroom was kept absolutely spotless, not a flaw in the room. Upon arriving they even provide you with coffee or tea to make if you want, which I thought was a great touch. Phone and phone book in the room. And hey, free Wi-Fi.

The location was very easy to find, and the owner even helped us via telephone when we took a wrong turn.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

We enjoyed an overnight in this fine and cleanest motel on the north side of North Bay.
Although no breakfast is included, we were offered tea, coffee or hot chocolate when
we arrived. The room included a kettle so we could make our own Starbucks coffee in
the morning. Very fine mom and pop business operated with pride and smarts.
Much preferable to the older chain hotels mostly in downtown North Bay.

London, Ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

This little family run motel is very clean and comfortable and suited our needs well for an overnight stay on the way through North Bay. The room has comfortable beds and pillows and a nice little sitting area with coffee table and good lighting. The bathroom fixtures are newer and there is a small fridge and microwave, if you need it.

If we missed anything, it was a coffee maker. There was a kettle and we were offered instant coffee but we did miss our brewed coffee in the morning.

If we were travelling through North Bay, again, we would't hesitate to stay at this motel.

Room Tip: This motel is located just outside of any business area so it is necessary to drive to find somewher...
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

This is the second time we have stayed at the Bo-mark. As usual, the rooms were spotlessly clean and the towels and bedding of high quality. The internet service worked well, and the room also had a mini-fridge, and a microwave which came in handy. The motel is off Highway 11 but very quiet. The hot water in the shower is endless. If I had one issue, it would be with the small amount of coffee and/or tea they provide. But that's a pretty minor item.
If you want a man-size breakfast, try the truckstop (Auntie Jane's) about 100 metres south and across the highway.

Room Tip: I think they are all great.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Bo-Mark Motel? Share your experiences!