“A Superlative lunch” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Peller Estates Winery Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Continental
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Entertaining clients, Doing business, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Description: Located in the heart of Peller Estates Winery, this fine dining experience offers inventive regional cuisine paired with Peller Estates award winning wines. Executive Chef Jason Parsons works with our winemaking team to showcase wines in his seasonally evolving menu. The restaurant was recently awarded the highest possible rating for food Extraordinary by Zagat readers. Please see our website for a fantastic array of signature culinary events that will be held at the Winery. www.peller.com
Kingston, Canada
“A Superlative lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014 via mobile

We arrived in NOTL for a 3 day visit and decided to have lunch at Peller Estates. We had been there a few years earlier and enjoyed it, so thought we'd return. We were very glad we did. The food was exceptional. It was one of the best meals we've experienced. I had the Chinook salmon with asparagus and goat cheese risotto, and my husband had the East Coast scallops with warm 4 pea salad, pomme paille and tomato balsamic vierge. A truly coast to coast Canadian experience, and truly delicious. My husband had the decadent chocolat delice for dessert, and I had a glass of Riesling ice wine. The service was attentive, knowledgeable and friendly. The weather did not cooperate, with rain in the offing, but the view of the vineyards was lovely. I highly recommend Peller Estates.

Visited July 2014

Toronto, Canada
“Lost my reservation”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

How should I start? My called in reservation that was made a week ago was lost. No efforts to accommodate my booking. And no special apology or effort to make things right. Had to take a late sitting. Food and wine quality was a bit better than average. I would go to Trius instead if I hadn't already ate there at lunch time.

Visited June 2014
Rochester, New York
“Pretentious, overpriced, and poor quality”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

We started in the late afternoon with a wine tour, which was sub par compared to our experience at other local wineries. Its hard to call this a tour since they don't even make the wine on premise. This tour is actually just a glorified tasting experience led by a scripted college student who spoke to fast. My dad is in a wheelchair and there was little, if any accommodation for him. We had to ask how they expected us to navigate down a steep hill and we ended up taking him out of the chair and walking him down and then getting him back in the chair at the bottom. Our tour guide didn't wait for us so we missed half of his schpiel. Then we were brought into the basement barrel room for a wine tasting, but again, he spoke too fast and it was hard to follow what he was talking about. He told us we were going to taste Merlot, then looked down and discovered it was not Merlot after all. Then we were brought into the gift shop to learn about wine glasses and given a coupon for our purchase... and NO, I didn't buy anything. Such a tourist trap.

Dinner was SO disappointing. The atmosphere attempts to be lovely - a great view, aesthetic decor, comfortable tables and chairs..but there is an "air" about the place that takes it all down several notches. From the servers seeming somewhat shocked that you might have a question about the menu or their process, to observing them turn diners without a reservation away at the door when there were clearly open tables inside, Throughout the entire meal I just felt I would rather be somewhere else. The food was not even "okay" - it was BAD. I ordered swordfish which was severely over-salted and too small to be considered a meal. The portion was no more than 3 ounces. My dad ordered rack of lamb which was NOT a rack by any means, but rather 2 teeny eeny weeny lamb chops that were barely a meal. He doesn't typically have a large appetite and yet even he left hungry. My husband had a steak, which may have been the best meal brought to our table - he definitely was served twice as much food as the rest of our party, and that makes for an uncomfortable experience for everyone. We skipped dessert, opting for some Gelato on Queen Street, instead. Our dinner for 4 was close to $400.00 and we all left hungry and feeling like we wasted our money.

I will not return and I will certainly not recommend.

• Visited July 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Toronto, Canada
“Easily one of my best meals!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

A pricey, but well worth it treat. We have been a number of times for special occasions. The food is a sensory experience! We have always had the tasting menu with the wine pairing, as we think it is the best way to enjoy the food of Chef Jason Parsons. An incredible experience, which I would recommend to any foodie, or anyone looking for a special experience. It is a great place to celebrate a special occasion. I would not bring kids, as it is really an adult-only kind of atmosphere.

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Markham, Canada
“Great view, Great food, Great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

I have eaten here a few times and it is always memorable. Get a patio seat if you can. I had to fight for one last night but it was worth it.

We did the 5 course tasting menu. They don't tell you what is on it but each course was wonderful. They pair the wines and the whites were very good. The Merlot was just OK.

The service was very good and they were very accommodating. The Maitre 'd did everything he could to accommodate my request for a patio table and that really made our evening. Our waiter cautioned us that we might not have time for the full 5 courses and still make the theatre, but we went for it anyway. And then they ensured that our courses came at just the right pace so we could get leave on time.

Each course was incredible with excellent blends of flavours that matched the wines extremely well.

Highly recommended.