“Wonderful food and wonderful evening!” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Located within Strewn Winery,just a short drive from historic downtown Niagrara-on-the-Lake and the Shaw Theate, Terroir La Cachette restaurant offers a truly regional experience. Through the use of locally grown and raised products, we bring the flavours of the Niagara region to your palate, both on the plate and in the glass. We invite you to taste some of the best wines of the region, with our all-Ontario wine list, and chef Alain Levesque combines French Provencal style of cooking with the best local ingredients, bringing together the finest the region has to offer. Whether it's an intimate dinner for two, a corporate function, or a personal gathering, Terroir La Cachette has the facilities to accommodate you. Stop in for a quick, casual bite to eat, relax on our peaceful patio, or dine in the main dining room overlooking Four Mile Creek.
New Ipswich,NH
“Wonderful food and wonderful evening!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2009

We booked online about a month ago. We arrived and were asked if we'd like to sit outside. it was a gorgeous evening and we sat outside. We had a delicious bottle of Reisling while we looked at the many selections. We decided to share a beautiful piled high salad of fresh greens with raspberries, blueberries and sliced strawberries and toasted almonds. The vinaigrette was just right and the serving was plenty for the two of us. The bread was a hearty whole grain variety with a nice crust served with softened butter topped with a sprig of rosemary. I had the pasta which had so many wonderful things in it that I can't remember...artichokes, kalamata olives. it was served with tiny green beans, baby squash, and the tiniest little delicious zucchini you ever saw. My husband had the crusted halibut with rice and wonderful baby vegetables. We shared the meals and everything was perfect. Our waitpeople were attentive, friendly and very helpful. We finished our delicious meal by bringing home the pasta we had left and ordering a Lavender-Citrus Creme Brulee that was a work of art. The bill came to less than $100 but with tax and tip it was a bit over $130 but worth every penny.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

75% Recommend
Cleveland Ohio
“Interesting menu”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2009

This winery has spent a fortune on a beautiful remodel. The food was very good. My partner had the pasta of the day and it was so good I wish I had ordered it. I noticed a lot of other people ordered it as well. I ordered a light salad and it was very large mixed greens lightly dressed. The atmosphere is nice but not the best out there. The wine lacked depth and had a mineral like undertone. I wouldn't buy a bottle of it. I think the menu is a little too aggressive for the average diner. I think that is why the pasta was so popular that day. If you are adventurous in your dining I would recommend this place they also have a cooking school.

Ottawa
“Great Duck!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2009

Terroir La Cachette was the last restaurant we ate at during our honeymoon in NOTL. Maybe it was that we had seen, smelled and tasted so much that we had been spoiled, but Terroir was not a highlight of our trip. We arrived at approx 6:30PM on a Friday, so maybe the "dining hour" wasn't in full swing, but it felt very empty. There wasn't a view either, just a tree line outside our window. The server was incredible and knowledgeable about pairings. Again, as we were nearing the end of our trip, we did not do a full pairing meal, and simply chose a la carte with 2 wine pairings. The appetizers were excellent, and tasted excellent (Potato, Onion, Rosemary Tart & Lakeshore Venison) matched superbly with their own Terroir Chardonnay. For the main we both had the Duck Confit with a honey sauce. WOW ,what a meal. We were absolutely stuffed after (which is not something I normally say at the high end restaurant). We had room of course for a Creme Brulee and Creme Caramel, both were excellent (The Creme Brulee has an orange flavour to it that was very tasty!). In all the food was incredible. However, I had to notch it down some points because of the atmosphere.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
nj
“Nice evening at Terroir La Cachette”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2009

We had dinner at Terroir La Cachette as part of a package with a wine tour company. We were able to pick one appetizer, one entree and a dessert. I enjoyed my salad, duck and cheesecake for dessert. My husband did not seem as thrilled with his selections but overall we had a very nice evening.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Copenhagen, Denmark
“Nice lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2009

We stopped by to have a taste of the wines, and decided to have lunch at the restaurant. The food was good, and so was the wine. The weather was great, so we got a table outside. Service was attentive, but we were more or less also the only people there, so I guess it wasn't much of a challenge :) All in all a nice lunch and a very good glass of wine.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Travelers who viewed Terroir La Cachette Restaurant & Wine Bar At Strewn Winery also viewed

Niagara-on-the-Lake, Ontario
Niagara-on-the-Lake, Ontario

Been to Terroir La Cachette Restaurant & Wine Bar At Strewn Winery? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Terroir La Cachette Restaurant & Wine Bar At Strewn Winery, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.