“Food delicious, staff were great” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Trius Winery Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: European, Continental, Contemporary
Dining style: Fine Dining
Description: Hillebrand Winery Restaurant celebrates the relationship between our land, our people, our wines and our food. Chef Frank Dodd showcases locally inspired cuisine made with ingredients from the bounty of Niagara Wine Country, and Winemaker Craig McDonald pairs them with wines made from grapes that grow in the same soil. Extend your stay in Wine Country, and allow us to arrange a private tasting in our Collector's Boutique or another Winery Experience prior to your meal.
“Food delicious, staff were great”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012 via mobile

Enjoyed a leisurely meal that a chef should be proud of. Presented well by the staff who know their wines and pairing. As an anniversary choice, my partner chose well. Recommend the trout. Beautifully done.

Ciara M, Public Relations Manager at Trius Winery Restaurant, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
We're thrilled that we could help make your anniversary a special one! Please come and dine with us agains soon.

“Excellent service and menu!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

I celebrated by birthday with their pre-fixe menu offering and was so happy I made the last minute reservation. Amazing food and wine pairings recommended by our server and he made us feel like we were the only table in the restaurant. Try the cheesecake for dessert (if they still have it) and Ontario pork chop for the main!

• Visited March 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
We're so glad we met your expectations - especially for your birthday! Please come again soon.
Toronto, Canada
“Beautiful venue”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

Trius Winery has a beautiful location. It would be a great place to hold a special event.

The staff were friendly and knowledgable; I liked their sparkling wine.

Visited September 2012
Ciara M, Communications Specialist at Trius Winery Restaurant, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
Thank you for coming! We're glad you had a great experience. We love our Trius Brut too!
Toronto, Canada
“Good wine, great food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

I'm not a huge fan of Trius wines, but the restaurant was highly recommended by the Inn we stayed at in NOTL

I can't say I was surprised by the quality of the meal based on how highly it cam recommended, but it was really very good. I started with the Romaine hearts, which was served wrapped in top quality prosciutto. This was one of the best fancy versions of a ceasar salad I have ever had. For the main I had the lamb, which I find is a hit or miss dish in most restaurants. This was a hit. Nothing over the top, but tasty without any gaminess.

The service was great. I don't have any idea what some of the other reviewers are complaining about. Our server was friendly, fast and we never waited for anything.

For a winery restaurant, I highly recommend it.

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Thanks for sharing your experience! We're especially glad the lamb was a hit. We hope to see you again soon.
“Trius Winery”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

The staff here is so unfriendly and not willing to take the time with you that I couldn't even stomach to drink the wine. This is such a popular winery on the wine tours that i could not believe they can get away with this kind of service. I am not sure what this winery has that keeps the people coming, but I can guarantee that I will never stop here again!

Visited September 2012
Ciara M, Manager at Trius Winery Restaurant, responded to this review, September 19, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. At Trius Winery we take much pride in our excellent customer service. I am very sorry that we were unable to deliver this level of service to you on your visit to our winery. Please contact me at your convenience and I would be happy to talk with you about your recent experience here with us to ensure we can make some improvements.

Joanne Martins