“Enjoyable time” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pizza, Canadian
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Delivery, Late Night
Description: Stop by for light fare, finger foods, burgers and sandwiches and not to mention the best wings and pizza in town! Play a game of pool or darts, or watch your favourite sports on one of our flat screen TVs. We are located next to the Colonel Butler Inn. Open year round. Delivery available.
Youngstown, New York
“Enjoyable time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

Found this place using Tripadvisor. I live directly across the river in the US but needed to make a big U to find the place. Had the BELT which was pretty good, the french fries were extremely delicious. I didnt put ketchup or gravy on them which is surprising for me. It was a busy place for being a Weds afternoon and after meeting Trish the bartender I could see why. She is extremely friendly and can tell she loves her job. Lots of local people there but I didnt feel like an outsider even from a different country and riding a motorcycle. Yes it isnt classy, or modern, it is a great place,great food, great prices and great service. I will be stopping there again. Only sad part was that there were only 2 women in there at this time. Married Trish and the cook and Trish pointed that out to us. LOL Oops I forgot, Ice Cold Beer. :)

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Ryan M, Manager at Butler's Bar & Grill, responded to this review, April 5, 2014
Thank you for your response. I'm glad you enjoyed everything at Butler's and that you felt as welcomed as the locals. Our staff take are very proud of the product we offer and I'm glad it showed in your service. The BELT is a great sandwich, but unfortunately it may not be around for long! We anticipate a new menu coming out in the next 6-8 weeks with many new treats to try! We hope to see you soon.

Niagara-on-the-Lake, Canada
“Good hearty food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

Friends from Mississauga chose this restaurant for lunch prior to us going to see Guys & Dolls at the Shaw Festival Theatre. They picked Butler's Bar & Grill after reading reviews on Trip Advisor. After reading the rave reviews, 4 of us decided on the Philly Steak & Cheese sandwich, some with Greek Salad and some with fries. First time I've had this sandwich and it was delicious. One of the others had the monster burger & managed to finish all of it.

We picked up the tab for all the drinks and my husband was impressed that 3 glasses of wine came to only $13.50. Beer was also reasonably priced. We would go back. I'd like to try some of the other sandwiches. The decor etc. is basic but then it's a very casual place - a little bit off the beaten track.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Thank you for your great comments! We see a lot of guests looking for great casual food join us prior to the theatre. I'm so glad you enjoyed everything and that you found value in our pricing. We hope to see you again the next time you are in Niagara.
Clinton Township
“Wow!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

Appearances can be deceiving. A rather plain looking neighborhood bar, but what wonderful food! I had the house specialty, the steak and mushroom pie in a flaky crust. Reminded me of Guiness pie in Dublin. My husband had the burger special. He had a gigantic, quality meat burger with an entire bowl, not cup, of beef barley soup. We both loved our lunch experience here.

Visited October 2013
Wow is right! Thank you so much for such a wonderful review! We're thrilled to know you enjoyed everything. Our burgers are all made from scratch by hand and you should see the kitchen team building the steak pie! We grill the meat and onions, cook everything down in our home made sauce then top the bowl with a hand-rolled pastry top. Amazing on cold winter days (we've certainly had enough of those this winter:))! Thanks again and we hope to see you again at Butler's Grill!
minnesota
“Fantastic food-atmosphere not so great”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

My husband enjoyed the Best Reuben of his life. I had a Greek Salad to die for. But there was 1 waitress and two couples at tables plus about a dozen locals lining the bar. Once we had our food, the waitress never returned. We couldn't get our check. I felt a little uneasy as the locals really over-ran the area. It is a working class bar atmosphere - with extremely good food.

Visited October 2013
Ryan M, Manager at Butler's Bar & Grill, responded to this review, October 12, 2013
Dear Tonnatraveler,
Thank you for your important feedback. Although we do take great pride in making as much of our food from scratch and presenting the best pub menu available, we always want our team to be providing equally great service and I'm sincerely sorry you had to wait. I will be sure to talk to the team about the importance of supporting our great food with great service. Thank you again and I hope we can take even better care of you the next time you are in Niagara.
Maugansville, Maryland
“Great Pub Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

Like others wanted to get away from the higher priced restaurants in the tourist area of the lake, the food is actually great. My husband had a Ruben sandwich and I had a steak and cheese philly steak, we also split an order of fried pickles. It seems to be a local hangout spot with a pool table area and sports news on the tvs. Priced very well for lunch time. Would recommend this other tourists to check out!!

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Thank you so much for your feedback and I am so thrilled you enjoyed the food. The Reuben has always been one of my personal favourites (we have a secret ingredient that gives it our signature!) and the new Philly is also out of this world. Thanks again for the comments and I look forward to welcoming you back to Butler's the next time you feel like some great comfort classics.