“Great Service!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Eclectic
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Dessert, Lunch, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Toronto, Canada
“Great Service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

My family and I were in NOTL for a day over Easter weekend, and we had dinner at Stone Road Grille (aka 'Rest'). We didn't make reservations, but we went early - before 6pm, and were able to get a table for 4. I'd recommend making reservations, as the restaurant filled up quickly afterward.

What made this dinner special was the service. The owner and all the waitstaff were friendly and helpful, creating a very welcoming atmosphere. I accidentally spilled my cappuccino, and a waiter helped me clean it up and brought me another cup. They make their own bread and their desserts are made from scratch. We really enjoyed their charcuterie and cheesecake. The steak was also very tender.

Overall, I'd recommend this place for great food and great service!

• Visited April 2014

Blumenau, SC
“an excellent choice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

Our hotel host told us about this restaurant, and when we saw it from the the car we couldn't believe that it could be a nice restaurat. It is located in an not touristic area. But inside the decoration is beautiful , the sevice is great , and the food is wonderful. They produce the most part of their ingredientes in local farms, even the smoked meats. I recommend!

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Pelham, Canada
“New Fave!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

We've dined here for lunch twice over the past month. It's a new local go to for us in the Niagara area. They source as much locally as possible and the menu and drink specials change monthly. My husband had the burger twice and says it's one of the best. The server (sorry can't remember his name but he's been there from the start 10 years ago) is wonderful, honest and very knowledgeable. If I wanted a burger I'd come here specifically but I find there's so much more to try. Had the Vintner's Plate (house cured meat and local cheeses) the first visit. First rate, very tasty and plentiful. Next time had the mussels. Lots of flavour happening there and cooked perfectly. The French fries are perfectly brown and crispy, dusted with sea salt and served with house made ketchup and mayo. Bet you can't eat just one!
It's a wonderfully eclectic little place. I would suggest reservations on weekends and definitely at dinner.
The only reason I cannot give it a rating of 5 is the wine selection. They serve VQA only. Niagara makes absolutely fabulous white wines but cold weather reds are definitely not our style (nor our price range to get a decent one). We would really appreciate being able to enjoy a full bodied red with our meal. A nice red Zin from California or Ripasso from Italy. We are a global society and should not discriminate against warmer climate wine producing regions. I would hope that they would be willing to serve some quality Niagara white wines.
We did ask and we can bring our own bottle of wine and would have to pay a $20 corkage fee.

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Columbus, Ohio
“Fabulous times 2”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2014 via mobile

My partner and I have dined at Stone Road Grille ("Rest") our last two visits to NOTL. We love the restaurant, and the owners were accommodating and so gracious. On our first visit, we were floored by their interpretation of poutine, using foie gras as the meat protein in the dish. Simply. Amazing. Although upon our second visit, there was no poutine on the menu, we were introduced to other wonderful creations. As far as we are concerned, Rest is a must-visit restaurant when in Niagara-on-the-Lake.

Visited May 2013
Kitchener
“Excellent choice!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

We have dined at this restaurant several times. Our most recent experience was in February on a weekend escape. We had made reservations, but the restaurant was not full -- no doubt due to the nasty weather that weekend.

We were welcomed, shown a nice table. Served fabulous house made bread. We shared an appetizer which was excellent. Our seconds of fish for my partner -- and two appetizers for me, were superb. This was accompanied by a bottle of wine from Niagara. We love the fact that their wines are local and fairly priced.

Our meal ended with an order of the Maple Cotton Candy to go and enjoy back in our hotel room.

A wonderful meal at a surprisingly reasonable price. Can't wait to return.

• Visited February 2014