“Sunday Brunch” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Escabeche

Escabeche
6 Picton Street | Prince of Wales Hotel, Niagara-on-the-Lake, Ontario L0S 1J0, Canada
1-888-669-5566
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Escabeche is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: French, Organic, Mediterranean, Canadian
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
“Sunday Brunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

A wonderful meal and even better service! The restaurant is beautiful with lots of natural light and a great atmosphere.

Visited April 2014

Oakville, Canada
“Nice place, but needs improvement”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

The hotel is so awesome, with an old air charm. You automatically expect a higher level of dining experinece, and I must say I was not very impressed. The appetizers were quite good, but the main course ( I ordered lamb shanks) was quite bland and tasteless. The restaurant was so noisy, it put a pub to shame. The coffee was actually COLD and I had to ask for that to be replenished. I had out of town guests, 7 people in total and must say that was rather embarrassing for me. One guest ordered the Bass, which was good. But, all in all, my experience was not good. At such prices, they really must get their act together.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Ancaster, Canada
“Not Good!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

This very high priced restaurant served very tasteless and ordinary food. The entrees were nothing special to justify the price. We don't mind paying more for excellent fine cuisine but this was not the case. The service was slow. We arrived at their recommended reservation time to make our show and did not have time for dessert or coffee. We would NOT recommend this restraurant if you like quality for your money.

Visited June 2014
myuhasz, Manager at Escabeche, responded to this review, June 13, 2014
Hello Vacaok,

Thank you for reviewing Escabeche Restaurant at The Prince of Wales. We take great pride in providing a wonderful culinary and service experience at Prince of Wales. I would like to apologize for the issues that you mentioned in your review. If you would be open to it, I would love to have the opportunity to discuss these service issues with you so I can better understand what the problems were, especially with the food, and to see if we can turn this unfortunate situation around for you.

Please contact me at: m.yuhasz@vintage-hotels.com

All the best,
Mark Yuhasz
Assistant F&B Manager
Vintage Hotels
Toronto, Canada
“Just amazing!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

What a great place!!Great food cooked perfectly!!Service is impeccable!!Knowledgeable staff,there but not there!!I don't think you can have a bad meal there!!Only regret was that I could't order more!!Kudos to all!!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Toronto, Canada
“Lovely but expensive dining experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

My wife and I visited Niagara on the Lake recently with another couple and dined at Escabeche. We enjoyed the experience. The food was well-presented and very tasty, and the service was great. Fred, the sommelier, looked after us and provided some interesting conversation.

The bill was a little pricey but that is to be expected at the Prince of Wales Hotel. If you are looking for a very pleasant and romantic dining experience, I would recommend Escabeche. But don't be surprised when the bill arrives!

If you found this review helpful, please click "YES" below. Thank you for reading!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere