“Oh my goodness!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Via Veneto

You added Via Veneto to your Saves list
Via Veneto
3.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   215 Mary Street, Niagara-on-the-Lake, Ontario L0S 1J0, Canada   |
Chicago, Illinois
“Oh my goodness!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

The breakfast here just doesn't quit--a buffet of fruit, cheeses, meats and pastries, followed by a hot course (my favorite: a fried egg atop soft polenta with some yummy sauce), and then a dessert--tiramisu, anyone? Comfortable rooms, easy parking, and friendly people--what more could you ask for?

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
  • Polish first
London, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

I would highly recommend the Via Veneto B&B to anyone. I arrived late after a slow border crossing. Maria could not have been more welcoming, and was such a gracious host, wanting to assist me in any way she could. The room was just beautiful. It was elegant and so very clean. I slept like a baby there. The next morning I also met some really lovely other guests from around the world, and we were overwhelmed by the wonderful breakfast that was prepared for us. It was a work of art. The Via Veneto was such a treat, and I couldn't recommend it more highly.

Room Tip: I stayed in the Verona room, and it was beautiful!!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Windsor, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

My husband and I were looking for a quick and romantic Ontario stay-cation and we had never been to Niagara-on-the-lake. Being honeymooners, we thought this was a great option for a quick trip. I did some research on hotels and B&Bs in the area. While checking out different historical sites etc. I found 'Via Veneto' and I have to say... I was very happy with my choice.

This little gem is run by Maria and her Husband, who is also the house chef. Quiet man, very humble, you do not see him or hear him very much during your stay... but his food you will remember. We only had the pleasure of having breakfast during our stay, but I must say, it wowed me all three days!

Maria is a charming European woman who ensures all your needs are met, the nicely appointed rooms with very classic clean European decor makes you feel right at home. She was constantly cleaning and making sure we were happy. Very sweet couple! And the place was in a great location. We chose the 'Venice' room because it way secluded from the other rooms, perfect for honeymooners.

The beds are comfy, everything is very clean and the work done in the sweet little B&B is all done by the chef himself. New bathrooms, although the showers are a bit small for people who are over 6 ft. like my husband, he had a difficult time with that. It is not wheel chair accessible and is a small, but very convenient walk to the center of town. May not be a suitable option for people with special needs. The parking lot is a tad small and awkward, and we did go in the mid-April so we didn't get to see the house in full bloom, which I am sure would be equally as maintained as inside. The couple has a separate entrance, and you barely hear them. After a long day you can come back and relax in your room, they offer little snacks, fruit and coffee etc. Although, they are very accommodating if you need anything else. My husband requested a bottle of wine and flowers in the room on arrival and Maria took care of us! :) Overall great value and still in the heart of NOTL.

We won't forget your hospitality and we will be back. Sorry it took so long to endorse you, but I couldn't let you slide through the cracks. Hope it helps.!

Cheers!

Nicole

Room Tip: 'Venice Room' is close to the entrance way, so if you like to stay out or up its wont distur...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Concord, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

Via Veneto is excellent. Joe and Maria are gracious hosts welcoming you with much warmth and concern for your comfort. They aim to please and boy do they do a great job of it. The bedrooms were very private and pristine, warm and inviting. The breakfast if like nothing you've ever had elsewhere. Prepare yourself as you will probably not want to eat again until evening. It starts with fruit, croissants, breads, cheeses and meats, then a hot meal main dish and finally dessert. Joe is an Italian chef and everything is homemade. Maria his wife beautifully serves all the wonderful food and makes sure you have plenty. We have already booked out next stay at Via Veneto. Can't imagine going to NOL and not staying there.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Thornhill, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

My sisters and I booked all 3 rooms at this quaint B & B. I was celebrating my 50th birthday with my sisters, and we wanted a different experience than the typical hotel in Niagara. Well, I don't know where to begin, from the moment we arrived Maria, was at the door, with the most warmest welcome, we immediately felt like we just arrived home, and we new her forever, meanwhile, it was our first time there. Joe and Maria were superb hosts, Maria the hostess, and Joe the amazing chef. Maria was kind and generous and made sure we had everything we needed, but at the same time gave us our privacy. The next morning, we woke up to the aroma of coffee, fresh baked croissants, jams, eggs, and on and on an on, A three course breakfast, it was incredible!!!! The B&B felt like home, so well maintained. The grounds were so beautiful. Close to all amenities, we were able to walk everywhere. A truly excellent experience, and am looking forward to our next getaway at Via Veneto. Highly recommend visiting Maria and Joe's Via Veneto. Isabel Z. Thornhill, Ontario

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

From my arrival I knew I was going to feel more like I was home than a B&B because of the warm greeting I received the instant I arrived. I appreciated the concept that Chef Joe and Maria provide in their B&B because you can feel at home without the sense that you're intruding in their house. The separation of their B&B from their personal residence is a great touch. My room was cosy, clean and inviting and the freedom to come and go as I pleased without disrupting anyone was a great plus. Breakfast the next morning was an amazing surprise and I can't say enough about the quality of the meal .... it was simply fantastic. Maria is the perfect hostess ..... she is very attentive and has a keen eye for detail without intruding on you or imposing herself on you. They are great hosts and very warm and friendly. I highly recommend and will return over and over again. Like I said .... my new home away from home.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

We had a wonderful time staying at Via Veneto! The hospitality was fantastic, the room was very clean, and the breakfast was delightful and tasty! I found this b&b very different from others I have stayed at because we had 3 course breakfasts every morning! It was also only a few blocks away from some great wineries and downtown. We loved it and can not wait to visit Via Veneto again!

• Stayed July 2013

Been to Via Veneto? Share your experiences!