“Great Little B&B” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Green Oaks B&B

and 1 more site!
You added Green Oaks B&B to your Saves list
Green Oaks B&B
3.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   1376 York Road | St David's, Niagara-on-the-Lake, Ontario L0S 1P0, Canada   |
London, Canada
“Great Little B&B”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

We had a wedding to attend just down the street and this location was the perfect spot. We stayed two nights, the room was absolutely lovely. I was especially impressed by the beautiful tile work in the washroom in our room!! (The Willow Room) Trish made us a lovely breakfast both mornings.

When we come back to NOTL this is the place we will be staying!!!

Room Tip: The Willow room has huge beautiful windows where you can see the winery outback!
Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Heuvelton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

This B&B is close to perfect. Trish is an excellent host, accommodating in every way, entertaining, and an excellent cook. She used eggs fresh from her own hens, and tomatoes picked that very morning from her garden behind the house. I love my morning coffee a bit early, and she had it ready before breakfast so that I could enjoy that first cup before I got my day going. The whole place was spotlessly clean and our room was spacious and comfortable, with lots of pillows and blankets for the chill that had set in that October weekend. The bathroom was fully stocked, like a fine hotel, right down to the bathrobes and luxury bath linens. The location of the B&B is convenient to all the attractions, yet not too close - it is quiet and peaceful, walking/biking distance to wineries and a couple of great eateries, and only a few minutes drive to the Falls or to Niagara-on -the-Lake.
So, what was NOT perfect? I am highly sensitive to light and smells. It is me, not the place. When I lay down to sleep, and turned off the lights, the window shades did not darken the room as completely as I would have liked. And only then, as I drew the covers up to block out the light, did I smell the fabric softener on the sheets...it was very light,and not unpleasant, but as I said I am highly sensitive, and cannot tolerate scents of any kind, particularly if I am exposed for long periods of time, or I get headaches... So, this may not be an issue for most visitors at all, and it is NOT a criticism of this WONDERFUL B&B, and it would not stop me from going back..

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Trish b, Owner at Green Oaks B&B, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
Thank you for your kind words. I do apologize for the scented sheets. Please should you decide to come back, please let me know and I can certainly wash sheets without any fabric softener.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

We had a great visit. Our daughter enjoyed having her own little room right next to ours. Folks looking to get away for a weekend should check it out. Trish is a great cook- breakfast was "gourmet"! Couldn't have asked for anything better! Beds were the most comfortable we've come across in a long time! And we could walk right through the next door vineyard for complimentary wine tasting. So glad we chose it.

• Stayed September 2012
Somerset, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

My husband and I were lucky enough to be treated to stay here by a friend who subsequently also came and stayed too after Trish kindly swapped the rooms around to accommodate us all after her and her partner had their accommodation elsewhere cancelled. Trish made us very welcome and the rooms were lovely. The breakfasts were amazing and made a great start to our day. We were given good advice on places to visit and where to eat and can highly recommend this b and b to anyone. Thank you Trish for making our stay so memorable!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

We loved our stay at Green Oaks - we felt at home immediately and our room was spacious and comfortable. Trish is a delightful hostess, the perfect combination of extreme organization and calm. She made sure we made the most of our short time in the area, and the breakfast was just fantastic!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

This is an excellent B&B.

I was there for a conference at another place, but this is much more friendly and real.

Sadly, I was not able to partake in the breakfast for timing reasons, but the coffee was great.

I slept very well, the grounds were quiet. And, around the corner is a wonderful restaurant.

I would definitely to toe Green Oaks again if I'm down that way.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Hampton, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

My husband and I came to Niagara on the Lake to celebrate our 40th wedding anniversary. We could not have been more pleased with our decision to stay at Green Oaks B&B. The location amongst vineyards was perfect, the lovely home pristine, beds extremely comfortable and the breakfast outstanding. Trish even takes dietary restrictions to heart creating beautiful, delicious, and plentiful breakfasts. She was also the consummate hostess with extensive knowledge of all activities in the area.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple