“Excellent B&B” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Brockamour Manor (Circa 1809)

Save Saved
You added Brockamour Manor (Circa 1809) to your Saves list
Brockamour Manor (Circa 1809)
433 King Street | PO Box 402, Niagara-on-the-Lake, Ontario L0S 1J0, Canada   |
Special Offer
Complimentary bottle of wine
Toronto,Ontario, Canada
“Excellent B&B”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2010

First visit to Brockamour Manor did not disappoint. Reconnected with family. Rick & Colleen were gracious hosts and made us feel welcome in their home.

tjteddy

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family

185 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Airdrie, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2010

We stayed here in the beginning of Dec. 09 and loved it! The rooms have their own ensuites, the beds are comfy and the breakfast was fantastic. Also, Rick has a really good knowledge of the history of the Brockamour.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2009

This past weekend, my boyfriend and I enjoyed a beautifully romantic visit to historic Brockamour Manor Bed and Breakfast in Niagara-on-the-Lake.
Our gracious and respectful hosts, Colleen and Rick, demonstrated a keen knowledge of the interesting history of their home and the surrounding area and are absolutely lovely people. They are very skilled at making you feel at home and then leaving you alone to enjoy it!
The two very different four course homemade breakfasts we were served each morning that we spent there were outstanding; delicious and innovative (my mouth is watering just remembering those homemade banana pancakes with Saskatoon berries and syrup.... yum!!!!)
We stayed in their largest room, The Sir Isaac Brock room and we have absolutely no regrets! A beautiful big king sized bed, gas fireplace; the room is gorgeously and historically appointed to make you feel as though you have stepped back in time. The bathroom was lovely with a HUGE raised two person jacuzzi bath and a separate glass shower.
Some of the little things that impressed us..... the Christmas decor was beautiful! Complimentary sherry was set out in a crystal decanter for our pleasure in the evening (very nice while we cuddled before a roaring fire in the sitting room), tea lights and candles set out about our room and a bottle opener and wine glasses ready and waiting for our arrival! Coffee, tea and all the fixings were set out on the sideboard downstairs nice and early (along with the morning paper!) - this was VERY appreciated by me as I NEED my morning coffee and paper!!! :)
We didn't want for anything and suspect that if we had, Colleen and Rick would have found a way to get it for us!
Very very nice and we will be recommending Brockamour to everyone we know!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you for the wonderful holiday Colleen and Rick :)

Jane and Simon

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2009

The Brockamour Manor is an absolutely outstanding place to stay on the Niagara-on-the-Lake Peninsula. The breakfasts are " to kill for". The congeniality at the breakfast table is memorable. Rick and Colleen are superb Inn Keepers!! A classical and traditional gem. Don't even consider "going to your grave" without having spent some time at this wonderful bed and breakfast inn.........

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with friends
Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2009

On Saturday, July 18th, 2009, I awoke to a lovely summer morning and was expecting to visit with my daughter-in-law, Shelly and my son, Matthew, at their home outside of Toronto, for a visit with her mom, Sita, as she was flying in from New York City that day. Our family is not the most formal, nor are we by nature morning people, so when I got the e-mail invitation from Shelly, to join them all for a weekend breakfast visit, I thought it kind of odd but nonetheless, I gladly accepted and created a fancy fruit dessert to take along.
Well - my day did not go as I had expected: Instead, a person dressed up as a limo driver appeared at my door. Of course I knew immediately that it was my daughter, Tracey (you'd have to know our family for that to make sense), bearing news that I had been foiled (not the first time:)) and that I had five minutes to pack a suitcase and include only the things from a list provided to me. Then, almost simultaneously, my two other daughters, Colleen and Shelly arrived at my doorstep as the "limo driver" ran down the driveway to "pimp" my ride. Yes it's true - Tracey (with the help of her hubby, Randy,) converted their ordinary family mini-van into the most exotic, fur-lined, plush floor, soft cushioned comfort, windows darkened and draped in mystery by dozens of feet of ebony fabric, miniature strands of starlit magic, gourmet treats and non-alcoholic champagne, (which we all would testify gave us a buzz, but the truth is we were all a little giddy and high on imagination and excitement), in all an atmosphere was created and I was a willing participant.
So, just as I had been preparing to leave my home for Shelly and Matthew's with my fruit concoction in hand, my day went in a whole new direction - and I had no idea what direction we were going. When after about an hour's drive we arrived at the beautiful Brockamour Manor, I didn't think my excitement could be any more magnified but it was! I had heard the stories about the Brockamour from my daughter's previous stays and I felt so spoiled and pampered and I hadn't even made it past the driveway yet! I love this B&B and even though the pictures are great they don't do it justice. In person I could sense the beauty that is not always translated in photographs. Then upon entering the B&B and taking it all in I felt overwhelmed by the welcoming and homey atmosphere.
We made our way up to THE LOFT, (see the website for photos of the rooms: http://www.brockamour.com/roomrates.html), which was the perfect place for our noisy foursome! I immediately fell down on the bed and I didn`t think the girl`s would be able to get me back up as I had practically been buried in the luxury of a magnificent down comforter - now that is total luxury!! Our room had a huge bathroom with Jacuzzi tub and we enjoyed the feeling of complete privacy. I can see how this room would make a perfect romantic hideaway for lucky couples as well, even though it has two king size beds. Tracey had made us the most amazing homemade lunch boxes (a true Martha Stewart sans the criminal record:):) and we enjoyed eating these outside on the patio while enjoying the stunning scenery on the grounds of the Brockamour. Since our summer weather had been quite unpredictable up to that date, we were all so glad that the temperature was quite lovely for us all weekend.
I was treated by my thoughtful daughters (true, but still an understatement!) to a spa treatment across the road at the 100 Fountain Spa located in The Pillar and Post and I experienced a hot springs spa for the first time in my life! Another first for me was the surprise (they kept on coming!) carriage ride (yes a real horse and buggy - who needs NYC Central Park!) that evening that arrived to stroll us along the scenic route into the picture-postcard-perfect and historic town of Niagara-On-The-Lake.
I could go on and on about how thrilled I was with my fabulous birthday surprise - the beds were the most cosy and comfortable ever - the antics and the fun and laughter were unforgettable - the most beautiful setting and breathtaking scenery lives in my memories of the Brockamour and in the Niagara-On-The-Lake area - the breakfast Colleen and Rick served to us and other happy guests on Sunday morning was out of this world tasty, filling and talked about for days (as you can see even months later)!:) Let’s just put it this way, the “fancy” fruit dessert I had made, by comparison, was nothing fancy!:) The conversation among guests and hosts alike was natural and welcoming, reflecting the kindness and sincere desire of our amiable hosts for sharing this magical residence with we most fortunate travellers.
It is often said that it is not the destination that is important, it`s the journey. At the Brockamour Manor, it is the destination that enhances the journey and makes it all worthwhile! Perfect bliss indeed!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2009

One of the best B&B's we've visited. Lovely rooms, superb breakfasts, beautiful setting. The guests' area of the house included a game room with a pool table, large dining room and 2 porches with comfortable seating arrangements. There is wireless access in the house and the hosts provided a computer and printer for our use.

There were 8 people in our group; we stayed for 3 nights and we all enjoyed ourselves. While it's a bit of a walk (10 min) to Queen Street, it was well worth it. and we will stay there again.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with friends
New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2009

Niagara-on-the-lake is definitely a place you can visit to get away from a hectic city life. It is a very historic and quaint little town, with a distinctive British flavour. It is around 20mins from the Falls and so close enough to get there for a day, but also in the heart of the wine country.

Brockamour Manor is a terrific B&B which has many modern amenities whilst staying true to the history and decor of the manor itself. Rick and Colleen were fantastic hosts and served an awesome gourmet breakfast (ice-wine jelly anyone?). All in all a relaxing place to spend a weekend away.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Brockamour Manor (Circa 1809)? Share your experiences!