“Great relaxing and romantic getaway” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Riverbend Inn and Vineyard

Save Saved
You added Riverbend Inn and Vineyard to your Saves list
Riverbend Inn and Vineyard
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   16104 Niagara River Parkway, Niagara-on-the-Lake, Ontario L0S 1J0, Canada   |
barrie ont
“Great relaxing and romantic getaway”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My wife and I visit NOTL at least once if not twice a year because of the great biking routes. This is the first time at the Riverbend and we are already looking forward to our next visit .From the wonderful greeting and friendly person at the desk when we walked in, to the great service and food, to the gift basket when we left one could not expect anymore. WE truly enjoyed our two night stay, thanks to the staff at the inn they deserve all the credit.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

225 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Cleveland Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Stayed at Riverbend for 2 nights in a beautiful Victorian style clean spacious room. Niagra on the Lake is absolutely amazing. The vineyards, the parks, the little town, just so perfect. Check in was fast and nice. The old victorian mansion looks small in the lobby but is actually very large. We had the travel zoo voucher so we had many amenities. Our room was perfect with a perfect view of the vineyards. We enjoyed a lovely dinner, a bit costly but well worth it on the patio. We visited many wineries that were lovely as well. Breakfast was included and was tastey. Service was personable and the servers work hard and keep their friendly attitude and professionalism. The lobby staff very personable and accomadating. I completely loved this place and would recommend this place to couples as the romantic setting is so amazing. We recieved a lovely gift of wine, cheese, crackersand a candle as a parting gift. This place is just so wonderful. Thanks Riverbend and travel zoo for a perfect, unforgetable weekend getaway.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Saskatchewan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Booked this inn for our 2 night stay in Niagara-on-the-Lake via a Travelzoo coupon. What good luck! This beautiful inn is located perfectly just a few minutes outside the center of town overlooking vineyards and the Peller Estates Winery. We had a lovely room, gracious hosts, and our dinner at the restaurant was one of the best meals we have had in a long time. Would not hesitate to recommend it to anyone.

Room Tip: We had a king sized bed on the main floor. It was spacious and quiet.
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Our fourth return to Riverbend Inn. The accommodations are exceptional with very comfortable bed and furniture and plenty of space in the washroom to lay out all our stuff! Housekeeping does an excellent job of keeping the facility in top shape and the staff is first-rate. The location is perfect for easy access to the town as well as walking and biking trails. We miss the piano in the bar, however, it offered some nice opportunities for entertainment.

Ontario, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My boyfriend and I decided to take a break from work, and take our only weekend off in a while to go to Niagara-on-the-lake. We had never been there before, but some friends of ours recommended the bike ride to the falls and what not.
We picked Riverbend Inn because since we don't do this often, we wanted to do it right. We read the reviews and it seemed like a perfectly relaxing, respectable place to stay.
Well, not really. I suppose they felt that since we were younger they could take out their angers on us? I'm not really sure what their problems were.
When we were booking through expedia (or I was), we had an issue where the date was changed when we booked it. I had picked July 19, but it booked for the next day. So we called expedia and everything was set for the correct date. We arrive at the hotel, and the woman working at the desk realized who we were and started to tell us how we were lucky we got a room at all, and how much of a hassle it was to have to deal with expedia. I felt as if she was telling us that 'you're lucky you even get to stay here', even though we paid the exact same rate as everyone else in that hotel, actually more since we booked a better room. But I shook it off, telling myself she was probably just having a bad day.
We go to the cafe/restaurant to sit down for a cup of coffee while waiting for our room to be cleaned. I asked the hostess if we could sit down for coffee, and she automatically said,
'so where would you like to sit at the bar?', even though almost the entire room was empty. I was a little appalled at this, because her demeanour also showed me that she felt as if we were two stupid kids wandering around in that hotel. Jesus, we're in our twenties.
Anyway, a man came from behind her and snached the menus and said to us come this way. Then I thought, 'Maybe both of them are having a rotten day?'.
We go to the room and leave our things afterwards, take a shower, and got ready for dinner. We wanted to go out in the old town and walk around a bit, so I asked the receptionist (a different lady now) where we could go for dinner. She quickly said, 'Well right over here!' and pointed to the restaurant in the hotel. I found it a little annoying, but I brushed it off and said, 'But really, we'd like to go to the old town.'. So then she replied, 'Okay then, what do you want?' I just looked at her at that point and said never mind. Suddenly she became so polite... ugh.
After that it wasn't so bad, except for the waiter in the morning getting annoyed when we asked for coffee refills.
My advice is that if you're a young couple in your twenties who are looking for a relaxed, romantic weekend, don't stay here. You're going to get way too much prejudice for being young from the staff.

Alliston, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We stayed two nights with two other couples taking advantage of a Travel Zoo offer. The superior rooms were very comfortable although not as elegant as some of the NOTL inns. The grounds are beautiful. Our breakfasts were included and they were very accommodating with our many deviations from the menu. We also had dinner one evening. The food was excellent.

If you prefer a location comfortable for walking throughout the town then you probably should look elsewhere. The inn does not offer a shuttle service as some others do. On the flip side, the location offers easy access to the bike trail along the river and is very quiet.

As a suggestion, I missed not having access to a coffee bar in the mornings something the inn should consider.

Room Tip: No elevator, as such a lot of stairs to get to the 3rd floor.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
riverbendinn, Manager at Riverbend Inn and Vineyard, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Our Travel Zoo promotions really offer some great deals. Glad to hear your stay was an enjoyable one. Although we are only a few minutes drive to the downtown area, we are a world away located on 17 acres of manicured gardens, grounds and vineyards. The Niagara Parkway trails across the road offer are great for biking or walking.

Although our dining room opens for breakfast service at 8 am, our guestrooms offer coffee machines for those looking for an early morning coffee.

Glad to hear you enjoyed your stay !

Manager
Riverbend Inn & Vineyard
Burlington, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My wife and I decided on a mid-week get-a-way for mid-June '14. We were torn between N.O.T.L. the and Fingers Lakes region in upstate N.Y.
We decided on the Niagara region, it being much closer to home and still a great place for a few days. After searching around for places I came across The Riverbend Inn. We prefer a smaller hotel than a chain style one but also not so much the B & B format.

I was all set to book online when I had a change of mind and thought to call direct to see if I could a better deal. Am I ever glad I did!! Our package for two nights, breakfasts, 3 wine tastings, dinner voucher and several more freebees came to just a little over what a one night would have been online. I think all in it was around $400.

We had a huge King Suite at the rear of the inn looking over the vineyards and it was a corner room as well, lots of windows. Furnishing weren't exactly to our personal tastes but certainly fir with the style and ambiance of the place. There was a gas F.P. that was never used but would nice for a fall booking. As I said the room was large, full king bed with nice linens, sitting area, writing/desk and a huge armoire with drawers and a flat screen.

The grounds are well kept, staff were great and the full breakfast was nice touch from a continental one. Parts of the exterior could use some touching up with paint but nothing of any concern.

We ate lunch and dinner at other places just for a change (see follow-up reviews).
No complaints other than it would be difficult for "elderly" to manage a large suitcase up the stairs but I'm quite sure there would help if required.
Overall we would most definitely stay there again!

Room Tip: If possible try for a rear room for a nice view and sunset. I can't recall the room number but i...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
We are glad you chose to visit Niagara on the Lake and stay with us for your recent visit. It's so nice to hear you enjoyed your experience. Our king suite with the balcony overlooking the vineyards is a guest favourite offering stunning views. Although our historical inn does not have an elevator, our staff is always happy to assist guests with their luggage.
You will have to return in the fall or winter to enjoy the gas fireplace, which is a great feature of all guestrooms !

Riverbend Inn & Vineyard

Been to Riverbend Inn and Vineyard? Share your experiences!