The Riverbend is a beautiful hotel only a mile from central Niagara-On-The-Lake. However, they try a little too hard to be "classy", by adding things like fake impressionist paintings. The room was nice with a vaulted ceiling and great view of the vineyards.
However, when something went wrong, and it did, they were unwilling to admit error and provide a customer-friendly remedy. During the night my smoke detector started beeping. Apparently, the battery was dead. After the handyman came in and couldn't solve the problem, to the consternation of me and nearby guests, I was moved to an inferior room. No compensation was provided; it seemed to them that I was the one that caused the problem
If they want return customers, they should be loosen up a bit and look at things from the customer's viewpoint.
- Also Known As:
- Riverbend Inn And Vineyard Hotel
- Riverbend Inn And Vineyard Hotel Niagara-On-The-Lake
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Riverbend Inn ; located outside one of the prettiest towns in Canada, along one of the most scenic roads anywhere in the world, stands a Georgian mansion surrounded by 17 acres of vineyards, manicured lawns and gardens, and only minutes from the old town of Niagara-on-the-Lake. Recently restored, all will enjoy the countryside from our bar and restaurant, vineyard patio or settle into one of our individually appointed rooms reflecting our commitment to the finer things in life. Drop by and enjoy a glass of our own Riverbend wine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Tingo, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Riverbend Inn and Vineyard reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.