“Beautiful” 5 of 5 stars

Greensboro, North Carolina
3 attraction reviews
“Beautiful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

This French chateau is a picture-perfect setting for a great Ontario winery. We did not take time for the tour, but very much enjoyed the wine tasting and grounds. It is a easy stop off the highway.

Visited August 2013
MicheleBosc, Owner at Chateau des Charmes, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Hello LBC628,
So glad you enjoyed your tasting. Next time I hope you will be able to take the tour or try one of our other more in-depth experiences. Safe travels.

Michele

Burlington, Canada
21 attraction reviews
“Romance Package For Four”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

From the moment we drove in the drive and saw the stunning chateau to the very last look our visit was exceptional. A professional and friendly greeting started our Wine Country Romance tour that took us from the story of the Bosc family to the edge of the lush vines, into the crushing room and down into the cellar, then back to a tasting room where we had four wines paired with cheeses and chocolate. Our questions were well answered and our taste buds well satisfied. A terrific outing close to the highway for easy access.

Visited August 2013
Hi MarilynBB,
Thank you so much for your kind words. The Wine Country Romance is a lovely experience and a terrific way to learn a little about the fun or wine and cheese pairing. We are delighted you and your friends enjoyed your visit. Come back again to see us soon.
Michele
“Beautiful, but...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

Beautiful, but.....please someone tell the man who greets us that it is rude to only greet my husband, and not me. We have visited this winery twice. Both times I have walked in before my husband, with my children behind me. The man does not greet us until my husband comes in, and then he proceeds to only make eye contact with my husband while he speaks. This time, at the very end of his greeting he looked at me and said "and the little girl's room is down that way", and he pointed to the restrooms. I had not asked about the restrooms, nor had my children. I found this to be very bizzare.

On a better note, the man who poured our tastings was very pleasant. He did a good job of helping us find wines to taste that matched what we were looking for. We did buy a few bottles, and the man who rung us up was kind and professional. He happily answered our questions about the area. I hope next time we visit the man who was working the register is the one greeting us. It would be a much better first impression. :)

Visited July 2013
MicheleBosc, Owner at Chateau des Charmes, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Hi Arualiag,
Thank you for your visits and for taking the time to send your comments. We certainty don't intentionally not greet women or moms. I'm both and would be miffed if it had happened to me. Our staff training is extensive and we spend quite a bit of time talking about the importance of the role of the concierge making a warm first impression. I will make sure your comments are discussed at our next staff briefing to make sure that no one else feels like you did.

I'm pleased that the remainder of your visit was so positive and that's what you remember when you open those bottles your purchased.

I do hope you come back to see us again.

Best regards,
Chicago
36 attraction reviews
“Bordeaux in Niagara”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

A French Chateau sitting in Ontario - what a beautiful place. The long drive up to the front door is reminiscent of France, but the wines are creatively made of grapes from Niagara. With a wedding in the wings, we were directed to the upstairs tasting room, where a retired French teacher shared their wonderful appellation with us.
With a world of knowledge, Nicole took us through the Charmes wines, as we looked out over the rows of vines. All were well-made with grapes grown in this unique appellation. The story of the winery is even more interesting.
Don't miss it.

Visited June 2013
Hi Boltsnnuts,
Thank you very much for your kind words. We truly do aspire to make world-class wines and to provide world-class hospitality. I'm also glad you were able to get a glimpse into our life on the farm. We do love to share a little of our way of life with all our guests.

We hope to see you again soon.

Best regards
Beaumont
30 attraction reviews
“Loved it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

What a beautiful place to take your very first winery tour! I loved it! Our tour guide was wonderful, friendly and informative. The facilities are beautiful, and the wine is delicious! No issues whatsoever, and only $10 for the tour. I tried the icewine... what an different experience. I had never even heard of icewine until I arrived here. Our tour group was kept quite small, and all our questions were answered. I love the history behind the establishment of the winery, and the different techniques used compared to other wineries. Great place to visit!

Visited June 2013