“Loved the place, but having second thoughts” 5 of 5 stars

905- 262-4219
Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Loved the place, but having second thoughts”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012 via mobile

Whe my fiance and I visited the winery to inquire about the possibility of having our wedding reception there, we were quite impressed with what we saw and heard from Glen.

Any comments from the management on the review below? I would love to hold my wedding reception at the Chateau, but this review is making me think twice.

Re: Wedding (preferably outdoor) NOTL Vineyard Venue ideas?
21 July 2011, 17:28
AOHughes, Mount Hope, Canada, 1 forum posts
Chateau des Charmes only has their "Charms" while you're trying to book. Once they have your deposit, they are a nightmare to deal with - believe me, I booked with them. The Boscs are the most self involved people. I was stood up for a meeting, and when I called to express my frustration and to rebook, they told me I was a "local" and shouldn't be worried about having to come back numerous times. They're more concerned with large budget celebrity weddings than those from the community. I suggest Ravine Winery. Wish I'd gone there.

MicheleBosc, Owner at Chateau des Charmes, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Hello SycamoreTreeSunset,

Thank you for taking the time to write your message. We are thrilled you are considering our property as a possible venue to host your wedding. We are always honoured when a family chooses to share such an important occasion with us.

The note you reference was an unfortunate misunderstanding with a couple who were not able to book our facility on the date they had hoped for due to a previous booking. We would NEVER stand up an appointment unless there was extenuating cricumstances, in which case there would always be another person to step in to insure the meeting/event went smoothly. The nature of the internet is even incorrect information lives on in perpetuity.

We have been hosting 30+ weddings a year for more than 15 years. No matter how hard you try, there are some people who can never be satisfied. We have had a few of those people visit our winery. But I'm very proud to say that the vast majority of couples who choose our property return year after year to visit, show off their babies and re-connect with their memories. After all, they become members of our extended family.

We do our utmost to help each of our couples create the wedding of their dreams. Each one is different and always special to us.

We hope you will still consider Chateau des Charmes as potential venue for your special day.

Thank you.

Galway
17 attraction reviews
“Well worth a Visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

After looking on Trip Advisor we decided on visiting this vineyard over the others. Glad we did. We were on a small tour and happened to be there just as they began to harvest the grapes. The tour guide was very good. Friendly and answered all questions. After we sampled another wine or two and the lady serving was brilliant! Also gave us some good local advice on places to visit and places to eat!

Visited October 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
4 attraction reviews
“Beautiful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

This is a beautiful estate and worth the visit.
However, they charge for tastings whether or not you buy or not - unlike the other wineries.

Toronto, Canada
24 attraction reviews
“amazing time....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

love the food .. love the wines... love the staff... been here before and will go back again ...thanks to all for great time

Visited October 2012
London, Canada
“A very nice excursion”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

This was our first winery tour, so we don't have much to compare to, but we really enjoyed the tour and Matchmaking 1.0. Our tour guide seemed very knowledgeable and answered all visitor questions well. The matching was fun (3 wines - a white, a red, and an icewine) and the cheeses were very nice (the lady who led the tasting seemed more enthusiastic than knowledgeable to me). We had booked our trip with Samba Days, so we 2 bottles of wine were included as a take-home gift (good value).

Visited September 2012