Stayed at this hotel last weekend. We had to book a place in the Niagara/St. Catharines area on short notice for a Saturday night so prices were really high. But this was a wonderful hotel, great service and a lovely room. The location was perfect for us.
Our GPS pointed us in the wrong direction to get into the hotel parking lot but it is pretty straightforward. There is a nice golf course very nearby. The location is closer to St. Catharines than Niagara on the Lake (historic centre) but it is quite centrally located, less than 20 minutes to Niagara on the Lake or the Falls. There are lots of nice wineries nearby. Ravine winery is right on the same road as the hotel and has a great little restaurant.
We called the hotel to book and they said they had no availability, but Travelocity was showing availability so we booked through them. Checked in at 12pm, no problem. Had a King room as requested and it overlooked the forest behind the hotel – very nice view. The room had a microwave, coffee maker and small fridge, desk with ergonomic chair, easy chair and ottoman and King bed. Very comfortable room and the bed was spectacularly comfortable. Excellent bed and linens. I wish my bed at home was that comfy. Bathroom was rather small but had nice Neutrogena bath products and a neat shower curtain with a mesh panel at eye level.
Indoor pool was very small but nice and clean. Practically deserted both times we used it. Fitness centre and steam room looked nice as well. There is also a patio by the pool overlooking the forest. Cookies were available at the front desk in the afternoon. There is a restaurant in the lobby that apparently has breakfast in the morning but we didn’t partake. There is also a rest stop across the street with New York Fries, Subway, Pizza Pizza, Wendy’s, Tim Hortons and a Japanese place. Sign says open until 11pm but at 10:30pm most of the places were already closed and the few open had only stale food on offer.
Had a great experience at this hotel and would love to stay there again. Price was more than we would normally pay but actually turned out to be worth every penny.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The five storey hotel nestled in park like sating and less than 15 minutes either from Niagara Falls or Niagara-on-the-Lake features 118 spacious guestroom: 43 King rooms, 63 Queen rooms with two QQ beds, 11 Deluxe Jacuzzi Suites, which includes plenty of amenities such as: The Sweet Dreams Bed Experience, Luxurious linens and duvets and the remarkable Garden Sleep System adjustable bed, fridge, microwave and coffeemaker, 37” LCD High Definition Digital flat screen TV with on-demand movies and video games, complimentary wired & wireless high-speed Internet access, Ergonomic Herman Miller Mirra Chair, Secure PrinterON remote printing, two dual line telephone and MP3clock radio and iron/ironing board. Complimentary 24 hours Business Centre, Complimentary “to go” morning Coffee or Tea. We also offer a 24 hour Pavilion Pantry for snacks and microwavable meals, coin laundry service and complimentary parking and Electric vehicle charging station FREE of charge to our guest.Recreation Facility: Fitness centre with the latest in equipment by PRECOR, indoor heated pool and invigorated whirlpool and outdoor patio. For your dining pleasure The Great North American Grill – Restaurant, which offer Mediterranean & American cuisine and featuring made to order eggs and other delicious items, a hearty lunch and dinner specialties daily prepared by our talented Chef. Prime Rib Special every Friday & Saturday night. We can accommodate in our Garden View Ballroom conferences, dinner parties or weddings up to 220 persons with outdoor Gazebo for Wedding Ceremonies.Welcome to the HILTON GARDEN INN, Niagara-on-the-Lake and great Canadian Wine Region, Art Galleries, Golf & Journey back in time-relive the War of 1812 , “the Prettiest Town in Canada” please come and Witness History. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, BookIt.com, Hilton Hotels, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Hilton Garden Inn Niagara-on-the-Lake reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Garden Inn Niagara-On-The-Lake Hotel Niagara-On-The-Lake
- Hilton Niagara-On-The-Lake
- Niagara-On-The-Lake Hilton