“So friendly” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Il Gelato di Carlotta

Il Gelato di Carlotta
59 Queen St, Niagara-on-the-Lake, Ontario, Canada (Formerly Il Gelato Di Carlotta)
+1 905-468-8999
Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Italian, Ice Cream
Dining options: Late Night, Dessert
Description: A bar cafe type latteria that promises you gelato the way it was meant to be! We offer everything from gelato and sorbetto and specialty coffees such as cappuccino and espresso, to gelato cakes and gelato biscotto sandwiches, mini-cones and gelato on a stick. We use an an organic base imported from Italy and add to it reverse osmosis water, organic cream and milk, grape sugar (NOT white sugar), organic off-white raw cane sugar, locally grown fruits and more. We believe our product is more than 80% organic. Our suppliers in Italy use diverse fruits such as Alfonso Mangoes from Bombay, soft-flesh coconuts from Sri Lanka, to pistachios from Bronte, Sicily, and hazelnuts from Piemonte, Italy. Yes, we also offer gluten free cones and our sorbettos are dairy free.In the summer, we use Niagara grown peaces, apricots, plums, strawberry, etc. We also use other fresh fruits such as grapefruit, oranges, lemon, pineapple, avocado, watermelon, etc. For our sorbettos.
Haymarket, Virginia
“So friendly”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2013

I got a delicious vanilla latte while my father had a rich, tasty hot gelato milkshake. The hot gelato milkshake is so unique and wonderful, you must try it! They were so friendly and I left with a smile on my face.

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Pearl City, Hawaii
“Delicious gelato and wonderful service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013

Stumbled upon this place as my husband I strolled through the streets. The front of the store called to us. The employees there invited us to try some samples...made wonderful suggestions and were so very friendly. Definitely recommend this place!! Their gianduia is to die for!

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Cleveland, Ohio
“Cute place, tasty treats – watch out!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013

Very good gelato in a cute place. We found ourselves going back for "just one more", that could be a problem for dieters.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Calgary
“Great Gelato”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

When I checked out the restaurants in NOTL the two highest rated were both Gelato shops, about a block from each other. Being a huge gelato fan I decided I would tr them both. Carolotta's gelato really was exquisite and my preference of the two. Their flavors were the most interesting and unique, and the quality was really top notch. The girl was very friendly and let me try several samples It is a little costlier than the Nina Gelateria but I thought it was worth it. The only thing I didn't like was that the gelatos were all closed off in metal containers, not out in the open like other shops, but they said it kept them much better and they are probably right.

Really great gelato, especially the pistachio. There were flavors I tried that I didn't really like, so make sure you try before you buy.

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
“wow”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

I am a gelato snob and this place was amazing.
Right on Queen street. Be sure to stop when you are in the area.

Visited November 2013