“My parents favourite!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Garrison House

The Garrison House
111C Unit 2 | Garrison Village Drive, Niagara-on-the-Lake, Ontario L0S1J0, Canada
Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Canadian
Good for: Dining on a budget
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: We are a casual gastro tavern that focuses on local food, beer and wine. As we are casual,we accept all our guests as they come to our door, no reservations required.
“My parents favourite!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2014

My parents frequently visit me from Toronto for lunch dates in Niagara on the Lake and often want to come here! A great casual eating place with gourmet pub fare including daily specials to please all using the best of local produce in season. What I really love about this place is that my Mom who's had teeth issues lately - can find a lot of softer dishes she can eat here. The staff is very accommodating for seniors.
It's a very friendly family place to please all kinds of needs - a family near us required wheelchair accessibility which they met! This is a hip foodie place for locals and it's nice they do their best to accommodate all their guests. The food is sure to please everyone all around. Their local beer and wine selection is the best in town! Thanks for another great visit!

Montreal, Canada
“Pleasant find”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2014

I'm writing this review about 4 days after our meal and trip to the Niagara region ... with the tv tuned to Food Network, and what should appear on "You Got to Eat Here" but a piece on the Garrison House. We picked this restaurant based on TripAdvisor reviews and its "come as you are" upscale comfort food menu. It did not disappoint - Turkey burger for my daughter, shepherd's pie for me, chicken supreme for my husband. Super fresh produce, friendly relaxed staff. Good value for good food. Very attractive location across from Jackson-Trigg winery. We would go back.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Lunch with friends”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

We went for lunch on a Monday to meet friends who had recommended The Garrison House to us; we had never been there before as we always head into Niagara on the Lake to eat, this was so much nicer as we didn't have to look endlessly for parking and walk for hours to restaurant. We really enjoyed the convenience of The Garrison House, the food was delicious, I had a salad and my husband had the brisket burger, which he loved and the french fries we heavenly. Nice serving and the waitress was great, her name was Larissa and she was very accommodating. They had a good selection of Ontario wines and also a great beer selection for those beers lovers out there. Would definitely recommend this restaurant.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
“Beautiful place...food ok.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2014

Went here to eat a meal prior to going to Jackson Triggs for the Stars concert and was a recommendation from a co worker. I was pretty excited to try out this restaurant. It is a very nice establishment with a nice chalkboard tap wall and wooden beams across the ceiling.

The two mains we ordered were the Grilled 8oz Alberta Flat Iron Steak and the Roast Chicken Supreme. The steak was more of a steak frites with the steak cut into slices already. Though I would prefer the fries off to the side so it doesn't get soggy but the steak was well cooked to (medium rare). The roast chicken that my gf ordered wasn't that tender or flavourful. Overall, the two mains were average, nothing extraordinary that would make us order those two mains again. Though I will admit the burgers that people around us were ordering did look delicious. Maybe we will try those next time.

I am a sucker for Crème Brulee and tend to order this at the end of a meal whenever a restaurant offers it. I was pretty excited for the crème brulee but was extremely disappointed in the dessert that was put at our table. If we had time to spare we would have asked the server to take the dessert back as it was just not a pleasant treat to end the meal the way it was made. The top of the crème brulee was over burnt and the crème under was even worse (if that is even possible). The crème was not cooked completely as it was still kind of diluted (wet) and not delicious at all. I have had many crème brulee's and this one by far was the worst. I am not sure if it was just that day or if that is how their crème brulee tastes on a daily basis but I would not recommend it. Overall if this was just a review of the crème brulee then I would have given a 1 out of 5 rating.

The dessert will not deter me from trying this restaurant again as I would definitely like to try the burgers but most certainly the crème brulee is off the list and the $7 will be spent elsewhere.

Thank you for your time spent reading my review and hope it was helpful.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Brisbane
“Wonderful Evening on the Patio!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

My husband convinced me to come here for dinner, after seeing it featured on You Gotta Eat Here. We weren't disappointed, and started our meal with some amazingly fresh oysters with horseradish and a delicious house made hot sauce. The patio was also very secluded and romantic with candles on every table. The service was attentive and friendly, the food filling and tasty. Our favourite dessert, the sticky toffee pudding, is not to be missed!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere