“Fantastic Food and Beer” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Pizza, Canadian, Fish & Chips, Chicken Wings
Description: We are an all ages Pub and Grill in Niagara on the Lake. We offer a relaxed vibrant atmosphere with great selection, great service and great value. Matt and Paul welcome you to come and join them and enjoy some of their hometown hospitality. We have something for everyone including large booths and large screen TVs for the big games. Featuring a full bar that offers local wines and even Niagara's local micro-breweries.
Calgary, Canada
“Fantastic Food and Beer”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

I love going to pubs and try at least one local pub out whenever I am travelling. There are typically three pet peeves of mine when I go to a pub.... 1. Soggy or microwaved onion rings, poor beer selection and crappy bangers and mash.

Well, I ordered all three at the Sandtrap Pub & Grill tonight. I ordered the Oust Ale. An IPA from a local brewery in Niagara on-the Lake. I was pleasantly surprised by the hoppy bitter flavour of this ale.... I ordered another. As a starter, I ordered the onion rings. It didn't come with any dip but really it didn't need to since they were crisp and full of flavour. Onion rings have been frozen or microwaved tend to be limp when you bite into them. I hate it when on the first bite the entire onion pulls out of the batter. This did not happen with the onion rings ordered from the Sandtrap.

After my first pint of good beer along with my onion ring, came my bangers and mash. The potatoes were homemade and full of flavour, the sausage was tasty with a hit of ale and the gravy was a prefect consistency and temperature. And the best thing about this meal was.... it wasn't salty!

The decor was light and modern. The service was prefect and the food was reasonably priced and a good portion size. I brought my family with me tonight and we all left looking forward to the time we could go back again. Finished the night off with a game of pool before heading home.

Sandtrap Pub and Grill is a must when visiting the Niagara area. BTW, I'm from Calgary.

Toronto, Ontario, Canada
“Stuck in Sandtrap”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Decided to try this pub as it had a lot of great reviews. We were very disappointed. When we arrived we were encouraged by the number of cars in the parking lot. The outside lacks curb appeal and once inside, it was an assault to the senses. A lot of noise - there were families with kids running around, some guys camped at the bar watching TV and a good mixed crowd. We seated ourselves and waited 10 minutes before someone came to serve us. We were presented menus and ordered beers. Waiting...waiting...waiting...15 minutes later our beers arrived and we ordered pizza and wings. Waiting...waiting...waiting...40 minutes later, our beers empty and multiple apologies from our server, our food arrived. We had the foresight to ask for our bill when she brought our pizza.

I will say this, the pizza was very good and wings killer. But I doubt we would go back - I mean 2+ hours for beer, pizza and wings is way too long...particularly if they are not going to keep us flowing in beer.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Toronto
“The only sandtrap I liked being in!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

We were visiting the area for a few days and looked on trip advisor for any good spots. We picked the sandtrap because of the reviews. The people were right! This place is a gem. Good food, great atmosphere and prices were good as well. The owner even recommended a winery for us to visit. We will be back. Thanks for the great hospitality.

Toronto, Canada
“Are you kidding me?”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

When we walked in, we were excited we had found an out of the way place with rave reviews. Place was somewhat empty, we ordered drinks, then dinner. Over an HOUR later two out of our eight meals arrived together with two of the appetizers. So that leaves six starving people. I don't want to blame the waitress, however she did not once apologize for the delay which was obviously in the kitchen. It was another 20 minutes before the next six meals arrived.We felt real sorry for the people that arrived after us. Seriously people, stay away, such a let down.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Dares Beach, MD
“Best surprise in NOTL”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

First off, every restaurant in niagara on the lake is severely over priced and the food is a disappointment. The sand trap was the one meal that was not only terrific, but was right on scale with realistic pricing. A local hangout so you know the food is good! We had the burger and it reminded us of being at a BBQ in that it tasted like it was off the grill, like a burger should be and wasn't greasy. Very impressed!