“Absolutely the best !” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Harbour House Hotel

You added Harbour House Hotel to your Saves list
Harbour House Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   85 Melville Street | Box 760, Niagara-on-the-Lake, Ontario L0S 1J0, Canada   |
Hotel packages
Toronto, Ontario
“Absolutely the best !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

On a business related trip to Niagara we stayed one night at Harbour House. The staff were more than welcoming, arranging for dinner reservations and ensuring our complete satisfaction with our room etc. Our room was delightful with many personal touches such as fresh baked cookies ! The wine tasting before dinner is a lovely treat as you sit by the fire ! Our breakfast the next morning offered a wide selection of fresh foods. I don't think you could find a more pleasant overnight experience !

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (158)
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

We spent the weekend there for our 15th year anniversary and the service was extremely excellent. We were surprised to find truffles and sweets in our room upon arrival with anniversary wishes and our own letter head. The rooms and hotel are very clean and everyone there makes you feel very comfortable. No mater what race, gender or age – you are treated with respect and equality.
I highly recommend this hotel for an enjoyable romantic stay.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Jennifer D, Front Office Manager at Harbour House Hotel, responded to this review, March 30, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to reflect on your stay.

I am thrilled that you chose Harbour House Hotel as the romantic getaway to celebrate your 15th Anniversary! We look forward to hopefully celebrating your 16th Anniversary with you!

Cambridge, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

My wife and I wanted to go somewhere nice and quiet just for a nice short relaxing getaway. We were extremely pleased with the hotel. The rooms were clean and well kept, the service was amazing and the staff extremely accommodating and polite. Breakfast was very good and a great start to the day.

Room Tip: We had a harbor view room which had very nice scenery.
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

Attention to detail is everywhere, you won't be disappointed - this hotel is the best!
Wonderful harbour and marina views, a short walk to the main street, and gorgeous well appointed rooms makes it the perfect place to stay while visiting Niagara on the Lake.

J. Page

Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your kinds words! We are very thankful to work with such a wonderful team who strive to exceed our guests expectations.

I look forward to the opportunity to say hello during your next visit.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013 via mobile

I did not stay here but stopped by to purchase some cookies for my children and I based on all the reviews mentioning them. The place looks just like the photos beautiful, quaint and the front desk staff had five star hospitality. I stayed in Niagara Falls but will be returning for a stay at Harbour House in the summer and I can't wait. Wish I hadn't pre paid for my accommodations before seeing Harbour House rebiews. My only complaint is that I wish I had stayed in Niagara on the Lake, it is a magical place that should not be overlooked and the icing on the cake is the Harbour House cookies!

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

My wife & I stayed for one night in the premium room with a view of the harbour. We were greeted with freshly baked cookies in our room (the whole place smelled like cookies baking!) The staff was friendly and courteous and the room was very clean and comfortable. The room had a nice fireplace, comfortable bed and a cozy layout. There was wine and cheese available after 4pm in the reception area and they also offer free shuttle service to and from any restaurant in the area. We went to the Oban Inn for dinner which had excellent service and delicious food presented very artfully (the only draw back was the elevator music playing in the restaurant :) The breakfast at Harbour House was adequate with a decent selection of food (we were expecting a little more quality after reading some other posts). Its within walking distance of the main street and a great place to stay for an overnight or weekend get-away!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to reflect on your wonderful weekend! I am glad to hear that you enjoyed all that Harbour House has to offer, especially the cookies. I can’t tell you how hard it is to work in that wonderful aroma every day!

We look forward to your next stay at Harbour House Hotel.

Webster, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

Bring your dog. This is the best place I have ever stayed with my dog. I don't travel with her often, but if all hotels made this type of effort for guests on two or four legs I would take her everywhere.
Amazing, yes amazing service and warmth from every staff member we encountered. The breakfast described to us as "French continental"... Not sure what that meant and I assumed it would leave us hungry...oh contraire mes amis.. It was fabulous, filling and complete.
We'll be back, all of us.

Room Tip: Just book a room, they are all terrific
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Harbour House Hotel? Share your experiences!