“Deserves the Rating” 5 of 5 stars
Review of 124 on Queen Hotel and Spa

Save Saved
You added 124 on Queen Hotel and Spa to your Saves list
124 on Queen Hotel and Spa
124 Queen Street, Niagara-on-the-Lake, Ontario L0S1J0, Canada (Formerly The Victorian Villas Boutique Suites)   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Indulge your Senses
Ottawa
“Deserves the Rating”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014 via mobile

We stayed at 124 on Queen for 2 nights, July 24th & 25th. We had a deluxe room. The room was large, bathroom was large with large walk-in shower. The room is very clean and rooms are in excellent condition.

There was a small but comfortable balcony which had 2 chairs and a table. The balcony was nice so you could sit out and have coffee n the morning or glass of wine late afternoon before going for dinner.

The location is perfect right in the middle of town on the Main Street. That meant we parked at hotel and walked everywhere. The staff are extremely friendly and very helpful with information and making reservations for dinner etc.

This is a great place,so much so my wife and sisters are looking at booking their annual girls weekend away there next spring. The other reviews are right 5 stars!

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
124onQueen, General Manager at 124 on Queen Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Dear " RGMOttawa" thank you for taking to the time to write this review. I am happy to hear that you were able to take advantage of the balcony in our Premium room. If we can assist your wife to plan the annual girls getaway, please do not hesitate to contact us!

Corey Stirrett

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

We booked the suit overlooking Queen Street Room Number 100. The room was excellent, finished to the highest quality. It was for our honeymoon, and the hotel provided us with a complementary bottle of sparkling wine which was a special touch!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
124onQueen, General Manager at 124 on Queen Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, August 2, 2014
Hi "Eunsup K". Thank you for posting this review, congratulations on your recent marriage. It was a pleasure welcoming you here for your honeymoon, thank you for allowing us to be a part of it! I look forward to welcoming you both here again.

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

We stayed at 124 on Queen based on reviews in TripAdvisor, and I'm happy to report those reviews were accurate. The staff at check-in were very professional and helpful. Our room was very tastefully decorated and very clean, great bed, comfy bathrobes. The room was also very quiet and dark for sleeping. Great location in the centre of town from which to explore the town by foot.

Complimentary wi-fi is a nice amenity, and you don't feel like you're being charged for something every time you need it. The hotel is not cheap, but fairly valued for the quality of the room and amenities.

Two restaurant outlets on-site were also a welcome amenity. We had cocktails with cheese platter at the Wine Bar on site - a nice spot to relax after catching an afternoon matinee show at one of the Shaw Festival theatres. And dinner at Treadwells was delicious. Nice that both outlets were in the hotel so we didn't have to walk in the rain or drive to them.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Hi "Craig-in-TO", thank you for sharing your recent experience with us! I am pleased to hear you had a great stay, and you were able to take advantage of the amenities on site. Look forward to seeing you again.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Stayed 2 nights at this unique little hotel in the middle of old-town NIagara-on-the-Lake. The hotel itself is spread among multiple smaller buildings giving it a certain one-of-a-kind feel. My wife and I stayed in one of the Courtyard Deluxe rooms, which was a little smaller that what I'm used to in a hotel room, but the room was clean and nicely appointed. The full-tile shower along with the mini-fridge were very nice features of the room. The location is great as it is an easy walk to most attractions in the center of town. I cannot comment on the spa services or the restaurant (Treadwell's) as I did not use them.

As other reviewers have stated, the entryway to the property off of Queen St is super easy to miss or be confused by. I initially pulled into the mini-mart next door, but figured it out quickly afterwards. At check-in the desk attendant was very friendly and assisted my wife with her luggage. The cleaning staff was professionally attired and friendly when we came across them. All in all I was pleased with the stay and would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
124onQueen, General Manager at 124 on Queen Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Hello "Pete S", thank you for sharing your experience on our Trip Advisor page! I am pleased to hear you had an enjoyable stay. We hope the next time you will be able to experience the Spa @ 124 and Treadwell Farm To Table Cuisine. We do have Premium rooms and Suites if you would like something more spacious to relax in.

Guelph, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

We stayed here in their 2 bedroom villa with our 15 month old daughter. It was...well... spectacular. The service from the front desk was impeccable: walked us to our room in the rain with an umbrella over my wife and daughter's head, got us ice for drinks, put a pack and play in the bedroom of our request and even put the TV on for me while I rushed to get our daughter down for a nap.

The rooms are so well appointed that it's hard to articulate. It's not fancy, it's not over-the-top, just well decorated and set up to function well. The kitchen is especially well equipped.

A tip: if you bring kids that are in a stroller, the ground floor villa units are excellent. We walked out the patio doors, past our beautiful patio furniture and BBQ and were on the main street browsing in seconds. It was ultra convenient.

And what is more... the units feel like they are "away from it all" even though you are "in the middle of it all." It's such a great aspect to staying here and my wife and I repeated that refrain throughout the weekend.

The hotel is next door to a supermarket. It's very easy to stock your fridge with food upon arrival and even if you don't want to cook you can have snacks on hand. Also, we rented bikes with a baby trailer and pedaled along the cycle/pedestrian only path that runs along the Niagara River and it was just fabulous - what a great day passing wineries and enjoying the peace.

As other reviews have indicated, they are #1 for a reason. They are an all around top drawer facility.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Hello "#1Vancouverite", thank you for taking the time to post this review of your recent stay. It sounds like you had a great stay in the two bedroom villa. Hope to see you again in the future.

Plantsville, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

My wife and I stayed at 124 On Queen on July 16-17, 2014 as a surprise for her 45th birthday. It was a great place to stay. Everyone was friendly and helpful. The room was awesome as was the location! They had a bottle of wine in the room for my wife's birthday and were very helpful with recommendations for dinner & other activities.

The only complaint, if you call it that, is that the office where you check in is not properly marked. There are several buildings on the property and we walked around in the rain for a few minutes trying to find the office for check-in. The room was $325 for the night but definitely worth it and we will definitely be back again!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Hi "Todd L", thank you for posting this review of your recent stay with us! And thank you for allowing us to be a part of your wife's birthday surprise. I hope you and your wife make this an annual getaway.

Rochester, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

Saturday July 12th 2014 for 2 nights. I can say without reservations that this was the best hotel experience I’ve had in recent memory. The access to the parking lot is easy to miss and it is a one way drive immediately after the Hendriks Valu-Mart. Drive slowly or you will miss it! We booked a spa and dinner package. The front office staff is ABSOLUTELY OUTSTANDING in every way. Any building can be a hotel but the staff makes the experience. Every single member of the staff was smiling, pleasant, attentive, informative and helpful. Kudos to them! My room was beautiful and looked like it was just painted. The bathroom was spacious with a cool travertine tile floor. King size bed with 2 sets of pillows with different firmnesses (I need firm and the wife is a belly sleeper). My room faced Queen Street ---- the crowded, busy, bustling ‘main drag’ of the town --- but the room it was pin-drop quiet. The spa treatment was outstanding for the both of us. Be aware that tip is INCLUDED with the repurchased package. Dinner at Treadwells was outstanding and I’ll review them in detail separately. I can honestly say that I will never stay anywhere else but here when I return.

Room Tip: Call the hotel directly and ask for a room that faces Queen Street. Avoid rooms that face the resta...