“Exceptional for Business Retreat” 5 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Shaw Club Hotel & Spa to your Saves list
Expedia.com Travelocity
Shaw Club Hotel & Spa
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   92 Picton Street | PO Box 642, Niagara-on-the-Lake, Ontario L0S 1J0, Canada   |
Hotel packages
Special Price
20% Off Room Rate Online
Burlington, Canada
“Exceptional for Business Retreat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013 via mobile

When my company was looking for a location to hold a strategic planning retreat, I immediately thought of The Shaw Club as a hotel that met all the criteria. Based on a recent stay, I knew they paid keen attention to customer service and ensured the rooms were well kept and spotless. Zee's restaurant was excellent so I also knew enjoyment of good food would be guaranteed. I checked prices at other hotels, and while not the least expensive, quality of hotel and food assured that our team would find their accommodations pleasant and the food good. We were not disappointed from the first telephone call, Ian looked after everything. He went above and beyond to make sure every question was promptly answered and he genuinely cared about our goals and what was important. I can't say enough about his efforts. When a glitch happened and he realized The Shaw couldn't accommodate 3 of our staff, he didn't pass the buck. He owned it and made arrangements for 3 of the top accommodations at their sister property, The Harbour House Inn. It was wonderful. The whole experience would be a valuable learning opportunity to any company who values customer service. Hiring the right people to deliver it grows your business. Thank you Ian and thank you Ashley for all your efforts, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend The Shaw Club to any business looking for an exceptional location to hold a meeting

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Lisa M, Guest Relations Manager at Shaw Club Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Thank you for choosing Shaw Club for your meeting last week in beautiful Niagara-on-the-Lake! We are thrilled your group enjoyed every aspect of their stay! I will pass on your kind words to Ian and Ashley. We look forward to welcoming you back to Shaw Club Hotel & Spa soon!

545 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
Concord Township, OH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

My husband and I stayed at Shaw Club this past week and we were extremely pleased with the accommodations!! We stayed in the annex, which had the whirlpool/fireplace in the bedroom. Everything was very clean, beautifully decorated and all around fantastic! I am very particular about where I stay, especially when it comes to cleanliness, and Shaw Club did not disappoint. We also did not mind being apart from the main hotel. The annex was very quiet which we really enjoyed.

We also did the wine tour, arranged by Shaw Club and that was awesome as well! Saw three fantastic wineries, did structured wine-tastings and really had a lot of fun. Better yet - we did not have to drive!! The wine tour was well worth the money!

We will be returning again next year, staying at Shaw Club and doing another wine tour. Our highest compliments to the staff! Thank you for an amazing get-away

Room Tip: If you are looking for a romantic get-away, go with the annex! What more could you want than a whir...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
I’m thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us! The half day wine tour through Niagara Vintage Wine Tours is such a great way to see what Niagara’s wine country has to offer. Thank you so much for your kind words, I will pass them on to the rest of the team. We look forward to seeing you again next year!

Toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

Stayed @ the Shaw Club for a two day getaway. The hotel is small and very chic. The pictures on the website do not do it justice. Check in was a breeze and we were escorted to our room a deluxe king with balcony overlooking the Festival Theatre. The room was small for a king deluxe but very well appointed. The décor was very nice, and the bed very comfortable! The bathroom was large with a rain shower head. The restaurant Zees is probably the best restaurant in Niagara. The food is delicious and the service top notch. Overall our new favorite place to stay when visiting Niagara on the Lake. One small disappointment, that would have changed my rating to excellent - is that we mentioned when we booked our trip , directly with hotel concierge , Cooper Smith, that we were celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary. A five star service hotel would have made note of it and would have done something to acknowledge our special event. Disappointingly, Shaw Club did not even acknowledge the special occasion. On the other hand, we had dinner @ the Prince Of Wales one of the nights, and everyone from the hostess to the waiter to the sommelier wished us a happy anniversary and they also gave us complimentary dessert. It's those small touches and attention to detail that distinguish the excellent from the very good.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

As you can see from some of my reviews: I can be a harsh critic. But...if praise is justified, I will say so.
This is one of these places. We were only staying 1 night and I had just booked something that looked good, had good reviews etc, but I wasn't overly excited by the hotel.

Well I was wrong: when we arrived after an 8 hour drive from Boston and survived the tackiness of Niagara, we found a quiet and comfortable haven here. Everything was perfect:
- warm and professional service at check in. Very smooth process
- good suggestion for dinner
- amazing room. We stayed in room 204. I am not sure it was a standard room. I had payed for standard but it was very big with 2 big windows, beautiful modern bathroom, 2 couches, king bed with great bedding. Big tv,robes, coffee maker and even TV in bathroom!! We loved loved the room
- breakfast: what a treat to sit out on the porch and enjoy breakfast in the sun? We loved it and breakfast was very yummy. Service again was perfect.
- location is nice on Picton/ Queen street with all shops and restaurants.

I loved the little town and would definitely choose this hotel again.

Room Tip: I suspect they are all ok. We had only paid for smallest room but our room was massive. Not sure if...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Lisa M, Guest Relations Manager at Shaw Club Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, September 21, 2013
I took a moment to read some of your reviews and wow, you have truly traveled the world! Thank you for taking the time to write us such a great review, we truly appreciate it! I’m thrilled you enjoyed every aspect of your stay with us. We are very lucky to have such a great concierge team ready and willing to provide phenomenal service from check in to check out. I will pass on your kind words to the rest of the team and I look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to Shaw Club!

Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

Great service and a truly wonderful restaurant - Zees. Special thanks to the reception area and Christina who made the arrangements for a surprise 50th anniversary stay such a delight. We so very much enjoyed staying at the hotel on this visit to Niagara-on-the-Lake. In the past we always had dinner at least once each time at Zees. one of our favorite restaurants.

The attention to service and excellence is notable and the staff truly provide it. Christina made a very special effort to welcome us and arranged a special arrival surprise. Well done !!!! and most appreciated.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your kind words, Christina has been a wonderful addition to our team this year! I’m thrilled we were able to ensure your 50th anniversary celebration was special. We look forward to celebrating many more anniversaries in the future!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013 via mobile

Quite possibly my favourite hotel to date!
Went here Sept 15, 2013 to celebrate my boyfriends 33rd Birthday. From the moment we entered, we felt the hospitality. The lady at front desk escorted & showed us our beautiful room with a balcony over looking The Shaw Festival. The bed was SO comfortable! Best night sleep in awhile. The spa like bathroom was immaculate and clean!
Service was spectacular. Everyone made you feel like you were home.
Thank you for making our stay a memorable one :)

• Stayed September 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write us a review! We truly appreciate it! I’m thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us, with only 30 rooms we have the opportunity to create an experience where you feel like you’re at home. We look forward to celebrating many more milestones with you in the future!

Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

Had a 4 night stay at The Shaw (Sept 11/12 and 14/15). The hotel was very busy but that did not diminish the personal and attentive service from the staff. Check-in was a breeze. I was actually in the area to participate in a big cycling event and the staff were very accommodating with respect to storing my bicycle.

Stayed in the main building. Room was very very comfortable - king size bed, very modern bath with separate tub & shower and cozy housecoats all provided! I was fortunate to have a room with a small patio outside which was a very nice place to have a morning coffee before heading to Zee's for breakfast. I certainly recommend pre-paying for the upgraded breakfast. While the "included" breakfast is fine, you cannot beat the hot breakfast items available on the menu. If you pre-pay, you get the hot breakfast dishes at a discount over the menu price. Special kudos to Jake at Zee's for making my meals more relaxing. I was travelling/eating alone and despite him being busy, he was gracious enough to stop and chat with me several times during my meals. Great service.

This was my third trip to Shaw Club and it is my "go to" place in NOTL. Have not tried the spa...maybe next time! Highly recommend Shaw Club and if anyone has any complaints, please talk to the management when you are there - they will go out of their way to make your stay enjoyable.

Room Tip: If you require an elevator, stay in the main building - my understanding is that the Annex does not...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
I’m thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us in beautiful Niagara-on-the-Lake! Thank you for your kind words, Jake has been a wonderful addition to the Zee’s team this year. We truly appreciate your loyalty to Shaw Club Hotel & Spa, I look forward to welcoming you back home soon!

Guest Services Manager

Been to Shaw Club Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!