“I tried but cannot find any fault. Wonderful place!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Shaw Club Hotel & Spa

You added Shaw Club Hotel & Spa to your Saves list
Shaw Club Hotel & Spa
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   92 Picton Street | PO Box 642, Niagara-on-the-Lake, Ontario L0S 1J0, Canada   |
Hotel packages
London, United Kingdom
“I tried but cannot find any fault. Wonderful place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

As you can see from some of my reviews: I can be a harsh critic. But...if praise is justified, I will say so.
This is one of these places. We were only staying 1 night and I had just booked something that looked good, had good reviews etc, but I wasn't overly excited by the hotel.

Well I was wrong: when we arrived after an 8 hour drive from Boston and survived the tackiness of Niagara, we found a quiet and comfortable haven here. Everything was perfect:
- warm and professional service at check in. Very smooth process
- good suggestion for dinner
- amazing room. We stayed in room 204. I am not sure it was a standard room. I had payed for standard but it was very big with 2 big windows, beautiful modern bathroom, 2 couches, king bed with great bedding. Big tv,robes, coffee maker and even TV in bathroom!! We loved loved the room
- breakfast: what a treat to sit out on the porch and enjoy breakfast in the sun? We loved it and breakfast was very yummy. Service again was perfect.
- location is nice on Picton/ Queen street with all shops and restaurants.

I loved the little town and would definitely choose this hotel again.

Room Tip: I suspect they are all ok. We had only paid for smallest room but our room was massive. Not sure if...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Lisa M, Guest Relations Manager at Shaw Club Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, September 21, 2013
I took a moment to read some of your reviews and wow, you have truly traveled the world! Thank you for taking the time to write us such a great review, we truly appreciate it! I’m thrilled you enjoyed every aspect of your stay with us. We are very lucky to have such a great concierge team ready and willing to provide phenomenal service from check in to check out. I will pass on your kind words to the rest of the team and I look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to Shaw Club!

Lisa McDonald

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (146)
Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

Great service and a truly wonderful restaurant - Zees. Special thanks to the reception area and Christina who made the arrangements for a surprise 50th anniversary stay such a delight. We so very much enjoyed staying at the hotel on this visit to Niagara-on-the-Lake. In the past we always had dinner at least once each time at Zees. one of our favorite restaurants.

The attention to service and excellence is notable and the staff truly provide it. Christina made a very special effort to welcome us and arranged a special arrival surprise. Well done !!!! and most appreciated.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your kind words, Christina has been a wonderful addition to our team this year! I’m thrilled we were able to ensure your 50th anniversary celebration was special. We look forward to celebrating many more anniversaries in the future!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013 via mobile

Quite possibly my favourite hotel to date!
Went here Sept 15, 2013 to celebrate my boyfriends 33rd Birthday. From the moment we entered, we felt the hospitality. The lady at front desk escorted & showed us our beautiful room with a balcony over looking The Shaw Festival. The bed was SO comfortable! Best night sleep in awhile. The spa like bathroom was immaculate and clean!
Service was spectacular. Everyone made you feel like you were home.
Thank you for making our stay a memorable one :)

• Stayed September 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write us a review! We truly appreciate it! I’m thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us, with only 30 rooms we have the opportunity to create an experience where you feel like you’re at home. We look forward to celebrating many more milestones with you in the future!

Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

Had a 4 night stay at The Shaw (Sept 11/12 and 14/15). The hotel was very busy but that did not diminish the personal and attentive service from the staff. Check-in was a breeze. I was actually in the area to participate in a big cycling event and the staff were very accommodating with respect to storing my bicycle.

Stayed in the main building. Room was very very comfortable - king size bed, very modern bath with separate tub & shower and cozy housecoats all provided! I was fortunate to have a room with a small patio outside which was a very nice place to have a morning coffee before heading to Zee's for breakfast. I certainly recommend pre-paying for the upgraded breakfast. While the "included" breakfast is fine, you cannot beat the hot breakfast items available on the menu. If you pre-pay, you get the hot breakfast dishes at a discount over the menu price. Special kudos to Jake at Zee's for making my meals more relaxing. I was travelling/eating alone and despite him being busy, he was gracious enough to stop and chat with me several times during my meals. Great service.

This was my third trip to Shaw Club and it is my "go to" place in NOTL. Have not tried the spa...maybe next time! Highly recommend Shaw Club and if anyone has any complaints, please talk to the management when you are there - they will go out of their way to make your stay enjoyable.

Room Tip: If you require an elevator, stay in the main building - my understanding is that the Annex does not...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
I’m thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us in beautiful Niagara-on-the-Lake! Thank you for your kind words, Jake has been a wonderful addition to the Zee’s team this year. We truly appreciate your loyalty to Shaw Club Hotel & Spa, I look forward to welcoming you back home soon!

Uxbridge, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

My husband and I stayed at this quaint, modern hotel for our 3rd anniversary, and it was exactly what we wanted! Great location, (right across from the Shaw Club) extremely friendly and professional staff and great food - what more could you ask for? We will most definitely be back!!

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

My partner and I decided, last minute, to stay for an evening at the Shaw hotel and will now make this our first accommodation of choice.

Customer service: I can honestly say I can't remember the last time I received such friendly, thoughtful and professional service. From the welcome, to passing on information, to ensuring we had everything we needed; we couldn't have been made to feel more welcome. We had a dinner reservation far away from the hotel, and so we requested that a taxi was ordered. Instead, they arranged for the hotel shuttle to take us. Something they did not have to do, but was so thoughtful.

Food: We stayed for breakfast and I can say the choice is fantastic, the coffee doesn't stop and the food is of a very high quality. Even if you're not staying at the hotel, it's by far the best breakfast I've had in the area.

Room: Clean, small, bed is very comfortable. Has everything you need.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write us a review! We truly appreciate it! It was our absolute pleasure to arrange our shuttle for you. Next time you will have to bring your puppy! We look forward to welcoming you back to Shaw Club Hotel & Spa very soon!

Barrie, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

Usually the hotel is the mundane portion of any trip or visit but the Shaw Club stands right up there with all the best features and attractions of Niagara on the Lake. To be able to walk out onto the main street of the town into the throngs of other visitors or across the street to a peaceful park is so refreshing. Great rooms, amazing staff, wonderful location; add to that the first class dining at the Zees Grill and one is close to perfection. This was our first trip to the Shaw Club and the beautiful town of Niagara on the Lake and we were smitten. Not only will we be back but this is a fantastic gift to consider giving for special occasions. In our case it was a retirement gift and we are forever grateful to our friends for choosing this

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your kind words, I will pass them on to the rest of the team. I couldn’t agree more , dining at Zee’s is an absolute must when in Niagara-on-the-Lake! I look forward to welcoming you back to Shaw Club Hotel and Spa soon!

Guest Services Manager

Been to Shaw Club Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!