“Professional, knowledge, but unpretentious” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: The Wine Visitor and Education Centre is the home of Canada's Only Teaching Winery, Niagara College Teaching Winery. This fully commercial, multi award winning winery is open to the public 7 days a week. Come and explore our vineyards, learn how wine is made and taste our award winning wines.
Columbus, Ohio, United States
“Professional, knowledge, but unpretentious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

We had an excellent visit! This was our first stop in the Niagara wine region, and it was a perfect primer. The student-staff was incredibly professional, but also easy to talk to and personable. We had a great time walking around the vineyards, and the tasting was wonderful on the patio overlooking the vineyards. We also love that the college is not-for-profit and the proceeds of the wine sales and tours go to improving the program and helping students. This is a perfect stop for beginners and connoisseurs alike. Make sure you also stop by the college's brewery. Also a great experience and friendly students there!

Visited May 2013
Steve G, General Manager at Niagara College Teaching Winery, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Hi Sara F

Welcome to Niagara Wine Country and thanks for stopping by Niagara College Teaching Winery. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your visit with us.

We will be launching a new initiative for our American neighbours so you can easily get our product to your home. Keep an eye on our website niagaracollegewine.ca for more details. We should be ready within in month.

Again thanks for stopping by and please come back for a visit.

Windsor
3 attraction reviews
“Helpful and freindly”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Nice way to round out the day. Excellent selection of wines available. Staff was very knowledgable, and the selection if tastings was great

Visited June 2013
Steve G, General Manager at Niagara College Teaching Winery, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Hi Maxwell C
Thank you for visiting us at the Niagara College Teaching Winery and the Wine Visitor and Education Centre. We value your business and feedback.
Thanks for your kind words and I will pass on your comments to our staff.
Thanks again and please come back for a visit.
Niagara-on-the-Lake, Canada
“Niagara College Visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

I live in Niagara and I took two other out of town couples to visit the winery, brewery, and the greenhouse at Niagara College. I really enjoyed our visit and was very proud to be able to show our visitors these really innovative programs. I had a particularly good visit in the winery with a young man named Josh who really impressed us with his knowledge and his manners, and his humour. My guests were very impressed overall with the college, but we particularly enjoyed the winery. They would like to come back again after the tastings and make some knowledgeable purchases. Thank you!

Visited June 2013
Steve G, General Manager at Niagara College Teaching Winery, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Hi Sarah M

Thank you for visiting us at the Niagara College Teaching Winery (also the teaching brewery and greenhouse). We are so glad that you and your friends enjoyed your visit with us. We take pride in what we do here and love to hear the nice comments.

Please come back anytime, and we look forward to your friends return visit too.
Cheers
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
8 attraction reviews
“Ice Wine Heaven”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

Stopped off here for an hour long tour/tasting as part of a Group Tour to Niagara Falls and after being on a bus all day there was a large part of me really wanted to skip it and return straight to the hotel.

With hindsight I can honestly say it would have been the biggest mistake of my life as in that hour I was introduced to the magic of Ice Wine, my new found vice in life.

The concept is fantastic. A real life working classroom of sorts, and by opening the doors to tour parties they are also helping to promote Canadian wines for the good of the local community and economy. The tour was conducted by one of the students and I found him to be very informative and engaging. We also shouldn't forget the added bonus of tasting reds, whites, and desert wines.

I wouldn't go out of my way to visit, but was glad we did. I left with a bottle of Ice Wine tucked under my arm and haven't looked back since. Thanks Niagara-on-the-Lake!

Still not sure what Ice Wine is? Use Google, this isn't Wikipedia ;-)

Visited July 2012
Hi GaryMenzies

Thanks so much for your kind words about your visit with us. I am glad you had such a great time. Also have you had a chance to enjoy your icewine yet? When you do, please let us know what you thought.

Again, thank you for stopping by and please come back to see us.
Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
5 attraction reviews
“Beautiful small winery!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

I bought a WagJag voucher for winery tour and lunch for 6 and was not sure what to expect from the teaching winery however when we arrived we were very pleasantly surprised by the informative tour, relaxing atmosphere and tasty wines! All the wines are prepared by a professional wine maker with student involvement so don't be scared by the "College Teaching" aspect of this winery. We sampled three wines and enjoyed our gourmet sandwich lunch on the patio overlooking the vinyards which was very quiet and relaxing. I could have sat there all day sipping wines and chatting with my friends! Put this winery on your list of places to visit, you won't be dissapointed!

Visited May 2013
Steve G, General Manager at Niagara College Teaching Winery, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Hi Erin S.
I wanted to take the time to thank you for your kind comments about your recent visit to the Niagara College Teaching Winery. We are very happy to hear about how you and your friends enjoyed yourselves, tasting our award winning wines.
Please make sure you come and visit us again and we look forward to see you.