“Food only alright, service barely that!” 2 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Best family restaurant in Niagara on the Lake, ON Available on ca.local.yahoo.com
Toronto
“Food only alright, service barely that!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

This restaurant was across the street from our hotel we were staying at for a wedding and we were invited by the bride and groom for a morning-after brunch. Things started off pretty alright. I ordered tea and a small pot came, so I could refill my cup, which was nice. Then we all started to order.

The sign in the front boasts that you can get breakfast, lunch or dinner, but there is literally only one dish for breakfast, which is two eggs, choice of meat and toast and fries for $2 extra.

Most of us ordered this. One of the people we were with asked if he could get just egg whites for his eggs, but was told that was not possible. We were all confused as to why this would be such a problem.

I ordered the breakfast with whole wheat toast and when it came out, my eggs were overdone and the toast was white toast. I pointed this (the toast, never mentioned the eggs) out to the server, who flipped open her notepad and said, "It says here you ordered whole wheat toast and that's what I told them" and then looked at me pointedly, while I sat there trying to figure out what her point was. I GUESS she expected me to agree that this wasn't her fault and therefore not worry about it myself?

I was surprised that she didn't seem willing to fix this order. I had to ask for it to be fixed and so she reluctantly went to get me new toast.

The fries that come on the side were literally fries. I was sort of expecting hashbrown-like potatoes, since they were with their breakfast.

Overall, nothing special. Even looking at other peoples' food it wasn't overly impressive, but the service is certainly lacking.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Whitby, Canada
“Great breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

Great place to take the whole family wonderful breakfast and not far from down town! There was nothing I disliked

Visited October 2012
Pembroke, Canada
“This Place is Always Good.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

The service here is excellent as is the food at a reasonable price. We highly recommend this restaurant. This is our second visit and we would go again. Breakfast is a bargin.

Visited November 2012
Niagara-on-the-Lake, Canada
“Great meals, fair pricing.....In niagara old town!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

This is a favorite of locals and tourists alike. Meals are served hot with great prep and consistent quality. It would be very difficult to dislike anything from here. Chicken fingers are not processed, great food for your family.

Visited February 2012
Kitchener, Canada
“Average restaurant.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

We ate dinner here during our stay in Niagara on the Lake. The food was well priced but just average.

Visited October 2012