“Needs Improvement for a 4 star” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Pillar and Post Inn, Spa and Conference Centre

You added The Pillar and Post Inn, Spa and Conference Centre to your Saves list
The Pillar and Post Inn, Spa and Conference Centre
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   48 John St | P.O. Box 1011, Niagara-on-the-Lake, Ontario L0S 1J0, Canada   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
A'May'zing Rates
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Ottawa, Canada
“Needs Improvement for a 4 star”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

Place is very nice but needs a little management look over. They changed my class of room without notiying us, internet charging ($10/day) at their room prices. Their phone number was not avilable in the room when another was to call me, the guest directory was old and poorly done. Staff was very polite and helpfull. Room very nice but too much furniture for the size. We were at a meeting that dropped at least $40K and expected a little better food even for a buffet.

Room Tip: difficult because they changed mine without notice
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (291)
georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

I was with 23 other ladies as we were on a woman's bicycle tour of Niagara Falls. My room was amazing, no view but the room was so very comfy! A big fluffy bed, a desk,couch , a fireplace made it perfect. The staff is very courteous and friendly. The morning breakfast buffet was really nice with a made to order omelet station. Wineries are all around and we toured the Peller estates. You Must try the Ice Wine! Downtown shops and restaurants are a short walk away and offer something for everyone. I really liked this hotel

Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
GTA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

I had a wonderful anniversary weekend at Pillar and Post! The rooms are very clean, spacious and with modern decor. We had a FANTASTIC steak and lobster dinner at the restaurant in the hotel. The service of the staff was helpful and so courteous. They have a complimentary service where they'll drive you anywhere within Old Niagara-on-the-lake. I had one of the best massages at their spa and used their outdoor and indoor pool. Nothing negative to say other than the furniture in the front lobby looks past its prime and should be updated. The outdoor pool was in a beautiful garden courtyard and the pool was so nice and warm! I would love to go back sometime in the near future!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012 via mobile

My husband surprised me for a early birthday get-a-way over the long Labor Day week-end. The staff was very attentive (I even received a birthday card) and went out of their way to make dinner, play, wine tasting, and golf reservations for us. Our room (a suite) was very nice, as was the common areas of the hotel. The only thing I didn't like is that they charge for the internet ($9.95 per day) - - you can get free wifi at McDonalds (which is what I did)!

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
GMPILLAR, General Manager at The Pillar and Post Inn, Spa and Conference Centre, responded to this review, September 5, 2012
Happy Belated Birthday! Thank you so much for your kind comments and candid review and feedback. I will certainly share your positive feedback with our team and discuss our wi-fi policies further as well with my team. Thank you so much for choosing the Pillar & Post for your big day.
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

My boyfriend and I decided to do a nice romantic getaway in wine country, he had stayed at the Pillar and Post in the past and thought it would be a good choice. He was immediately a little disappointed with the room as it wasn't inside the main building, I thought it was fine but a little musty smelling, we asked for something in the main building but it was reserved...understandable. We decided to have dinner in the hotel at the "Cannery" everything seemed okay, although I guess I was expecting more. The worst part of the experience was that I ended up having food poisoning that night, needless to say it wasn't the most romantic weekend.
When it came time to check out, we had let the staff know at the front desk that there was an issue with the food, they said they would have the person in charge of the restaurant come and speak with us...I basically just wanted to make them aware so that they could address the issue, and so nobody else would have their weekend ruined! We waited for a while, then got fed up and left.
I thought it was a nice enough place, but not worth the money.

Room Tip: Book for a room inside the man building.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest. I am sorry that you took ill on the evening of your stay with us. That is the last impression we would like you to have of Niagara and our property. I am happy that our Food & Beverage manager had the opportunity to speak with your partner by phone and glad to know that you had recovererd by the next morning and had the opportunity to enjoy some of Niagara-On-The Lake and wine country on your departure home. We certainly take complaints of illness very serious and follow a strict protocol around food safety and handling. Our most recent inspection of our kitchen by the health board had a hundred percent compliance. Please be assured that on this evening we had no other complaints or issues of illness. We are equally concerned that your were not happy with service upon your departure and for this I apologise. Myself and my team will further review your comments and use them to improve. Once again, thank you for your candid feedback.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

All the big things during our stay were great! Every staff member was friendly, polite and helpful. Our room was beautiful, very clean and so comfortable. Pool facilities were great and very well maintained. Our only negative point was the daily Internet charge, I know many upper end hotels charge $7.00 + per day for Internet access which to me seems excessive when you are paying $350 + for a room. Perhaps it will never change but it was the only negative to our two night stay. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed August 2012
notl
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

Stayed at the Pillar And Post for 3 nights this summer ! It was fabulous. The only hotel in town that boasts a gorgeous outdoor pool with an amazing waterfall. If you check in on a Friday they have a poolside reception with appetizers and complimentary local wines.

The staff go out of their way to accommodate you and they make you feel so very special.

Just can't wait to come back! You will fall in love with the manicured gardens and all the pretty flowers.

Thanks for making our holiday so special.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your kind comments of our property and team. I will certainly share them with our team here at the Pillar & Post. We look forward to seeing you in the near future and thank you kindly for choosing the Pillar & Post as your property of choice.
Kindest Regards,

Been to The Pillar and Post Inn, Spa and Conference Centre? Share your experiences!