Stayed one night in July 2013 in a standard room in this historic and quaint but most comfortable Inn in the village of Niagara-on the-Lake Ontario 30 minutes and a world away from brassy Niagara falls. The Inn is located an easy 5 minute walk to the centre of the town's bustling tourist quarter. The Inn also overlooks Lake Ontario and we were fortunate in that our beautifully equipped (bit on the small side) room had a balcony and a good view of the lake. We ate all our meals at the Inn and what a wise decision that was! Every meal was superb with excellent and friendly service that seemed to come naturally from the staff.
We did not use the spa facility. There was a lot of noise from the Inn's central air conditioning plant that made sleeping with the window open not possible,
Lodging and meals are on the pricey side however worth it given the charm, location, comfortable and fabulous restaurant.
We wished we could have stayed longer.
- Also Known As:
- Oban Inn, Spa And Restaurant Hotel Niagara-On-The-Lake
- Oban Inn, Spa And Restaurant Hotel
- Oban Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled serenely in the heart of wine country and historic Old Town of Niagara-on-the-Lake, minutes to theatres and attractions, The Oban Inn overlooks Lake Ontario and the Canada’s oldest golf course. With 26 tranquil, luxurious guest rooms and elegant dining surrounded by delightful ponds and lush English gardens and the creation of the beautiful new OSpa, The Oban Inn has become a celebrated wellness retreat. State-of-the-art exercise room, outdoor hot spring and infinity lap pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Splendia, Tingo, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Oban Inn, Spa and Restaurant reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.