“Fit for a Queen” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Queen's Landing

You added Queen's Landing to your Saves list
Queen's Landing
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   155 Byron Street | P.O. Box 1180, Niagara-on-the-Lake, Ontario L0S 1J0, Canada   |
Hotel packages
Offers & Announcements
Hamilton, Canada
“Fit for a Queen”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

We stayed at the Queen's Landing as a 2-night getaway. We booked the "Great March Escape" package which included dinner for the night - an excellent value! We hope they keep this deal around. The hotel was beautiful, however when we checked into our room there was an empty Perrier bottle on the floor that must've been overlooked by the cleaning staff. (Could've been worse). Also the top
of one of our sink taps was missing the cap...not a big deal, just looked a bit unkept. Other than that the room was very clean, the staff was courteous and we loved the turndown at sunset. That was a nice little surprise! We did ask for something to be brought up to the room one night and it was nearly a half hour before we called and asked again. After that they brought it right away. The location is nice because it's tucked away from the main street but it's still in walking distance (depending on the weather). And some rooms offer a great view of the harbor. We look forward to returning to the Queen's Landing. It makes for a very romantic getaway.

• Stayed March 2013
GMQueenslanding, General Manager at Queen's Landing, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Hello Christine - I wanted to take the time to thank you for your post here on TripAdvisor following your recent stay. Our getaway packages certainly do have great value and guests often comment on how much they enjoy booking a room when a dinner for 2 is included in the price.

We are sorry to hear about the housekeeping isssue that you experienced in your room. I have passed your comments along to our Executive Housekeeper so the tap can be repaired.

Thank you for saying that our hotel is fit for a Queen! What a great compliment!

Lily Kszan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (166)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

Our server was Lucas, he gave us good explanation of all dishes and even brought us roses for our ancersary. The fish we had was farmed locally, fresh and tasty. Location good, easy to find.

Will go there again!

• Stayed February 2013
Dear valued guest: Thank you for taking the time to share your experience here at Queen's Landing. Lucas is very knowledgeable when it comes to our menu items so we are pleased that he was able to make some great recommendations for you!

Please do come back and visit us again soon!

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

It was our first visit to Queen's Landing, we stayed at the Prince of Wales before but found it a bit overpriced and rooms too small. We absolutely loved our room this time, spacious, clean and bright, fireplace was lovely. Overall the hotel is in good condition, we loved the library and our daughter definitely enjoyed the pool.
Now, about the restaurant. We usually dine in the downtown, but decided to try Tiara for a change. First of all, we were not seated for about 15 minutes, and it was not that busy…about half of the tables were empty. Then it took about an hour to receive our orders, I had a Cesar salad for Pete’s sake, it also came uncut so we had to send it back for a proper preparation. None of us finished our food, it was either burnt (I swear this was the first time in my life that I saw mashed potatoes brown) or extremely dry, and all of it was completely tasteless and heavy. The server was not very attentive to details so we had to repeat ourselves quite a few times to get our orders right. Overall not satisfactory experience. We will definitely come back to the hotel but will also definitely avoid the restaurant. Such a shame though, cause it has a really nice view…

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
GMQueenslanding, General Manager at Queen's Landing, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Hello Polina - thank you for your candid review on our hotel and restaurant. We do appreciate you sharing your experience here at Queen's Landing. While we are pleased that you enjoyed your accommodations here at the hotel, we are disappointed at your experience in the Tiara Restaurant. This is obviously not our high standard of service so we apologize that we were not able to impress you.

Should you wish to return to the hotel or our restaurant, please email me in advance at l.kszan@vintage-hotels.com so we can ensure you receive VIP service.

We do appreciate the 5 star rating on the hotel.

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

I came to NOTL for a little R&R. I stayed at the Pillar & Post but also enjoyed some time at their sister property Queen's Landing. I took the complimentary shuttle between properties and it was most convenient. At the Queen's, I enjoyed some time in their cozy library by the fireplace where I checked my emails and read the paper. It was so quiet and peaceful. I also took advantage of their saltwater pool which I had all to myself! I ordered some tapas items from the lounge and continued to enjoy some 'me" time. Thank you to Peggy who made this all possible suggesting ways I could enjoy myself at 2 different hotels more during my stay at the Vintage Hotels. Cheers, Peggy. Your level of hospitality is bar none!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Hello Anne - thank you ever so much for your wonderful posting following your time here in Niagara-on-the-Lake! I love that you were able to leave the city and come and re-charge with us! How wonderful that you were able to experience two of our hotels during your stay! Our complimentary shuttle service is so handy and enjoyed by many of our guests. I'm glad that you felt like a Queen!

We hope that you can come and join us again soon - spring has arrived in our town!

All the best Anne!

Listowel, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

My fiance and I went to The Queens Landing for dinner with my sister and her husband and the food and service was excellent. We had a great server named Jill. She was very friendly, and she made our evening a very nice stay. I would recommend this restaurant and if you can I would also recommend that you ask for the server Jill..
We liked it here so much that we are going to have our wedding dinner here, and we also asked for Jill to be our server again..

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Hello Amanda - I wanted to thank you for your posting here on TripAdvisor. How wonderful that you were able to experience Jill's hospitality! We often have guests return time and time again and ask to be taken care of by her. We are so pleased that you have chosen Queen's Landing as your venue of choice for your upcoming wedding - Congratulations!

We look forward to seeing you and your fiance soon!

Toronto
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

This was the hotel selected for a conference I attended and my husband and added an additional night before the meeting began. Fortunately, we were paying the conference rate. The public rooms are quite nice, but the rooms and hallways are tired and in need of an update. A number of conference attendees remarked on how dim the lighting was in the halls. Personally, I prefer the charm of The Charles Inn or The Riverbend Inn when visiting the area. The one area that was faultless was the service. From the front desk to the restaurants to the housekeeper, the service was impeccable. We dined in the Bacchus Lounge and had Sunday brunch at Tiara. In both instances, the food was fine, but not outstanding.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

This hotel is great. The pool and whirlpool area is beautiful. The staff is super friendly. My husband and I loved our stay here. I would strongly recommend this hotel. One of my favorite spots. Would definitely return.

Room Tip: We stayed in a deluxe fireplace room overlooking the harbour, loved it.