“Love the little extras” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Prince of Wales

You added Prince of Wales to your Saves list
Prince of Wales
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6 Picton St | P.O. Box 46, Niagara-on-the-Lake, Ontario L0S 1J0, Canada   |
Hotel packages
Offers & Announcements
Toronto
“Love the little extras”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2009

This was the first time my husband and I stayed in the Niagara-on-the-lake area and we were very impressed. It was such a nice change from Niagara Falls. The hotel was on the main street which made it very convenient. It is definitely different then other hotels I've stayed at as everything had an antique charm. The salt water pool was very nice (didn't irritate the skin/eyes or smell like regular pools).

But I loved the little extras
- The oranges, bottled water and roses waiting in our room upon arrival
- The towel warmers
- The free safe
- The restaurant staff addressed us by name
- Music playing in the room upon arrival
- Modern Gym Equipment (bring headphones to listen to your personal tv on the exercise machines)

..and I'm sure I'm forgetting stuff!

The only complaint I have is that the wall paper was peeling a bit just around the window. I mentioned this to my husband after we left and he hadn't even noticed so maybe I'm just picky!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (226)
Wasaga Beach
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2009

My wife and I have visited the Prince of Wales several times a year for the last few years. We use it as our base for touring the local wineries. The restaurant is staffed by some of the most attentive people we have ever had serve us. Their sommelier is worth the trip alone, great guy and very knowledgeable. His selections are always fantastic. After dinner a few drinks fireside in the bar cap off a great night . Being a guy I was never one to think of going to a spa, well things have changed. Great service and atmosphere. Nice quiet pool and modern exercise room as well. The rooms are very nice and spacious.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
Windsor, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2009

My husband and I stayed here for a few nights after our wedding and again for our first anniversary. The room we stayed in for our honeymoon was the largest suite of the property (room 307). The room was huge, beautifully appointed and we had a balcony the size of what everyone else on the property had to share all to ourselves. Our room had a beautiful canopy bed, fireplace and jacuzzi tub. We thoroughly enjoyed our meals at Escabeche (and elsewhere at the Vintage Inn's other properties, and we rarely order room service, but the breakfast here is worth it. The pancakes with citrus maple surup are heavenly) and the use of the saltwater pool/hot tub. We also booked ourselves into the Secret Garden Spa for swedish massages on both of our visits, which was wonderful both times. I have read a few visitors comments complaining of musty, dingy rooms, and i wonder if they are talking about the same hotel!!! This is a beautiful establishment, and we have had nothing but 5 star experiences during each of our visits. It seems to be that those that stayed in the rooms that are separate from the main hotel had problems, so i would advise requesting a room in the actual hotel and can assure you, you will have a wonderful time! I would also suggest paying for the meal plan when you book your stay, it will save you a lot of money! When we last booked, i believe it was $90/per person, but our meals for the day would have costed us double that amount had we payed separately.

• Stayed May 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Guelph, Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2008

My husband and I just returned from a two day getaway at the Prince of Wales and we loved the first class accommodations and service. When we arrived at the hotel, our room was upgraded to a suite. We took advantage of the meal plan options offered by the hotel at the time of booking, and this saved us quite a bit of money at the restaurants. We'd highly recommend the Brunch at the sister hotel, the Queen's Landing, but I'd also recommend you call ahead in the off season to make sure it is not cancelled. We went off season, because of a special rate offer provided by the hotel. The Pillar and Post Brunch offered as an alternative was not to the same standard as the other brunch, and when we mentioned this to the staff, our account was adjusted. The breakfast and dinner options at the Prince of Wales were outstanding. During our stay, we had complete privacy and did not hear any other hotel noises around our room. The staff were always pleasant and attentive. Well worth the cost.

• Liked — The luxurious appointments in the room and the service
  • Disliked — leaving
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Rochester, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2008

The Prince of Wales is a beautiful hotel with superior staff and service. You are made to feel very welcome and the staff does everything in their power to make you visit a memorable one!
Our room was also beautiful. We highly recommend the restaurants, and especially enjoyed "High Tea" and the spa services. After a busy day shopping and admiring all the beautiful scenery outside, it was so relaxing just to sit and sip tea. No one rushed you to leave. The beds and pillows were a little too soft for me, but I know that is a matter of taste. I would highly recommend anyone to this beautiful hotel.

• Liked — The beauty of the hotel
  • Disliked — the beds and pillows were too soft for my taste
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with family
Houston, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2008

Outstanding service, a great room and in a beautiful city. When we told friends we were going to Niagra but not staying near the falls they thought that was strange, but we definitely made the right choice. NOtL is the place to stay then make day trips to the falls and wineries. The Prince of Wales staff were very accommodating and friendly, the room (mini suite) was spectacular, very comfortable and clean. I wholeheartedly recommend this property.

• Liked — location, service and room
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2008

Stayed here with my boyfriend for a couple of nights while doing the wine tour and visiting the falls.
We thought the hotel was gorgeous, and really well appointed. When we arrived after a long drive we felt a but scruffy giving our car to the valet in our shorts and t-shirts, particularly since the other guests we encountered were immaculate, if not a bit senior to our liking.
The staff are second to none. From the moment you arrive the welcome is friendly, courteous, and polite. We got some good recommendations for things to do in the area, and the concierge was v accommodating in booking fun restaurants for us.
I would recommend this place to travellers who appreciate luxury - but don't expect a wild night in the bar!
The Jet boating is to be recommended. It is much nicer to stay in Niagara on the Lake rather than at the falls themselves.

• Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Prince of Wales? Share your experiences!