“Nice but stay in the main building” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Prince of Wales

Save Saved
You added Prince of Wales to your Saves list
Prince of Wales
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6 Picton St | P.O. Box 46, Niagara-on-the-Lake, Ontario L0S 1J0, Canada   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Great Fall Rates
Toronto
“Nice but stay in the main building”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Myself and my wife stayed here for a weekend away to just relax, we upgraded to a suite. It ended up being in the building beside the main building. It was down a couple stairs kind of in the basement, the room itself was nice but our view was of people's feet walking by on the street. I was have to say we were disappointed and would recommend staying in the main building. The pool was great, not crowded at all and had nice relaxing music playing. We had dinner at Braza by the fallsview casino, you'll love it if you like meat. We won enough money at the casino to pay for the entire weekend...kind of a nice surprize. We had breakfast at the hotel, it was a great buffet, the restaurant was great with a lot of windows beside and above you. During the day we did a trolley car wine tour through the hotel. Although it was $60 a person, it was worth every penny. We stopped to four wineries for a tour and some tasting, leant tons about wine and has some fun. We would go back here but like I said will stay in the main building.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Kelly E, General Manager at Prince of Wales, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Dear Suntanto,

Thank you for taking the time write a review. I truly appreciate reading the feedback from our guests. Congratulations on you big win a the casino! I am please to hear you enjoyed our wine trolley tour, it is very popular with our guests. The tour is available twice daily and gives our guest the opportunity to learn about local wines and see the area. I'm sorry you weren't happy with the location of your room, next time please call us directly and we will ensure you get the location you prefer.

Thank you again for choosing the Prince of Wales Hotel and we look forward to hosting you in the near future!

Kelly Exelby

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (205)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

My wife and I went this weekend, the food was amazing. The hotel stay was well above what we had expected. We went to the spa. I had a 80 minute therapeutic massage with (charity). She was amazing. I did not expect a spa to have therapists like her. We lived our stay and would recommend the hotel and spa to everyone. No disappointments.

• Stayed August 2014
Dear Bramptriley,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor. It was wonderful to hear that your expectations were exceeded, this is our goal for all our valued guests. I am so pleased to hear that you had the opportunity to enjoy a wonderful massage and I will share your very high praise with Charity.

Please join us again when your travels bring you to Niagara on the Lake.!
Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The hotel is beautiful, and I have absolutely nothing negative to say about it. We travelled with family for this vacation and had two premium, two queen suites. The bathrooms were beautiful with in-room jacuzzi's, the beds were very comfortable and the furnishings were outstanding. Our package included breakfast which had the choice of buffet or served breakfast, a bottle of wine in room and free wine tour passes.

The staff was super friendly and the shops and restaurants in the area were great, with everything in walking distance. We ate lunch at Taste and dinner at the Irish Harp, and both gave fabulous service with delicious food.

My only regret is staying only one night and not staying longer :-(

Room Tip: We stayed in rooms 206 and 304 which were premium, two queen suites in the main building. Great roo...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Greenwich, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The Prince of Wales, a historic hotel in Niagara on the Lake, was lovingly restored in 1999. Located on the main street of the prettiest town in Canada, and arguably in North America. Located a shot walking distance to all the Shaw Festival Theatre's. The afternoon tea in the conservatory is especially lovely.

Room Tip: Search their web site for a great room, then call the hotel and see if they have any special package...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear cuba1947,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on TripAdvisor. I would have to agree with you.... we are located on the prettiest street in Canada! Our central location makes it convenient to walk to all of the wonderful shops, restaurants and theatre in town or we do offer a complimentary shuttle. With all of the packages available we have something for everyone!

We hope you will visit us again in the near future.

Newmarket, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

A tired, staid, past-it's-prime hotel that charges far more than it delivers. The HVAC systems are loud and unable to cool the hallways. They call a patio the 'balcony'. They charge 5-star rates but provide only 2-star value. Parking is free but they charge a $15/day 'resort' fee and they'll even charge you $1 for a local call to confirm dinner reservations at their sister hotel (another Vintage hotel). I recommend that you stay in Niagara Falls for better room selection and take the drive to Niagara-on-the-Lake, which is very scenic, in order to see the shows at the Shaw Festival which are excellent.

Room Tip: Avoid the street level rooms unless you enjoy listening to the conversations of those walking on the...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Robert B,

Thank you for taking the time to share the details from your recent visit to the Prince of Wales Hotel. I sincerely apologize that your stay with us was disappointing and did not meet your expectations. At the Prince of Wales we continually strive to exceed our guest's personal service standards and it is important to us to know when we are not doing so. I would be happy to speak with you directly regarding your experience, please feel to contact me at anytime.

Hamden, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I came to Prince of Wales for a business event in April 2014 and I can't say enough good things about it! I coordinated every component of this event from CT and the hotel contacts made everything seamless. Heather, Juan, Hazel, Bobbie, and then some were absolutely amazing and no matter what, always made every effort to accommodate me and the group of 40 participants that were onsite for the week. The room where the actual event was held was separate from the main hotel and allowed us to have the privacy that was needed to ensure a successful event was had.

The property itself was amazing and so rich in history and character! The detail on every inch of the hotel is so intricate and I found myself examining/wondering exactly how such elegance was able to be created. My sleeping room was exquisite and each night, I would return to a rose on my pillow and soft music playing in the background. Though expensive, the food was quite good and desserts, phenomenal!

Overall, the event went off without a hitch and I was able to come back here again and the exceptional service is still ever present. I would recommend both vacationing and holding your corporate events at this site!!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Dear MC23love,

Thank you for your wonderful review on TripAdvisor. I was very pleased to hear your meetings were a success! I appreciate you taking the time to mention our staff by name, as this is what inspires them to do what they do best! I am glad to hear you enjoyed our nightly turndown service , just one of the many special touches we offer at the Prince of Wales Hotel.

We hope you will consider us again whenever your travels bring you back to Niagara on the lake!

Kind Regards
maple, ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We have never visited Niagara-on-the-Lake before; I can't imagine why we waited so long to go there, especially since we don't live more than 1&1/2 hours away. My husband and I booked one night at the Prince of Wales to celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary. The hotel and rooms are beautifully decorated. The hotel is situated at the centre of the main street, where all the shops are. The lake is also walking distance. Walking distance to the main theatre as well.

If you book with Vintage Hotels, compare the packages. At first we were going to get the one night stay with a free breakfast at the hotel restaurant, but it would have added $120 to our total. We opted to book the room only (basic room with a king-size bed, no appreciable view), and because we were staying on a Monday night, we received complimentary tickets to the trolley wine-tasting tour of Trius Estates and Caroline's Cellars. We also go two sets of tickets for wine tastings at other wineries, and didn't have time to use them, and the concierge informed us that there are no expiry dates for those, so we will definitely come back to use them.

I recommend the Prince of Wales for the ambiance and decor, the convenience of the location, and the restaurants and afternoon tea that is offered in the hotel. Beautiful way to spend a second honeymoon, if only for one night.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Timnadia,

Happy 20th Anniversary! Thank you for choosing the Prince of Wales to celebrate such a special occasion. It sounds like your stay was everything you hoped for and I am so pleased you took the time to share it with us on TripAdvisor. I am pleased to hear you had the opportunity to enjoy some of our local wineries during your stay, just one of the many attractions in beautiful Niagara on the Lake.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Kelly Exelby

Been to Prince of Wales? Share your experiences!