“Corporate Event at Prince of Wales!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Prince of Wales

Save Saved
You added Prince of Wales to your Saves list
Prince of Wales
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6 Picton St | P.O. Box 46, Niagara-on-the-Lake, Ontario L0S 1J0, Canada   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Great Fall Rates
Hamden, Connecticut
“Corporate Event at Prince of Wales!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2014

I came to Prince of Wales for a business event in April 2014 and I can't say enough good things about it! I coordinated every component of this event from CT and the hotel contacts made everything seamless. Heather, Juan, Hazel, Bobbie, and then some were absolutely amazing and no matter what, always made every effort to accommodate me and the group of 40 participants that were onsite for the week. The room where the actual event was held was separate from the main hotel and allowed us to have the privacy that was needed to ensure a successful event was had.

The property itself was amazing and so rich in history and character! The detail on every inch of the hotel is so intricate and I found myself examining/wondering exactly how such elegance was able to be created. My sleeping room was exquisite and each night, I would return to a rose on my pillow and soft music playing in the background. Though expensive, the food was quite good and desserts, phenomenal!

Overall, the event went off without a hitch and I was able to come back here again and the exceptional service is still ever present. I would recommend both vacationing and holding your corporate events at this site!!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Kelly E, General Manager at Prince of Wales, responded to this review, August 25, 2014
Dear MC23love,

Thank you for your wonderful review on TripAdvisor. I was very pleased to hear your meetings were a success! I appreciate you taking the time to mention our staff by name, as this is what inspires them to do what they do best! I am glad to hear you enjoyed our nightly turndown service , just one of the many special touches we offer at the Prince of Wales Hotel.

We hope you will consider us again whenever your travels bring you back to Niagara on the lake!

Kind Regards
Kelly Exelby

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (209)
maple, ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

We have never visited Niagara-on-the-Lake before; I can't imagine why we waited so long to go there, especially since we don't live more than 1&1/2 hours away. My husband and I booked one night at the Prince of Wales to celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary. The hotel and rooms are beautifully decorated. The hotel is situated at the centre of the main street, where all the shops are. The lake is also walking distance. Walking distance to the main theatre as well.

If you book with Vintage Hotels, compare the packages. At first we were going to get the one night stay with a free breakfast at the hotel restaurant, but it would have added $120 to our total. We opted to book the room only (basic room with a king-size bed, no appreciable view), and because we were staying on a Monday night, we received complimentary tickets to the trolley wine-tasting tour of Trius Estates and Caroline's Cellars. We also go two sets of tickets for wine tastings at other wineries, and didn't have time to use them, and the concierge informed us that there are no expiry dates for those, so we will definitely come back to use them.

I recommend the Prince of Wales for the ambiance and decor, the convenience of the location, and the restaurants and afternoon tea that is offered in the hotel. Beautiful way to spend a second honeymoon, if only for one night.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Timnadia,

Happy 20th Anniversary! Thank you for choosing the Prince of Wales to celebrate such a special occasion. It sounds like your stay was everything you hoped for and I am so pleased you took the time to share it with us on TripAdvisor. I am pleased to hear you had the opportunity to enjoy some of our local wineries during your stay, just one of the many attractions in beautiful Niagara on the Lake.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Kind Regards,
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014 via mobile

Good- the hotel was beautifully decorated and the pool, exercise room, and sauna were all clean and well maintained. The service was very good - I talked to the front desk several times for places to eat and where to go. Lastly, the rooms were averaged sized, but the bathrooms were luxurious.
Bad - the dining room was expensive (it was delicious though), as all the other restaurants in the area. There wasn't much to do at night in the area. The shops close around 6pm (and I visited for the summer). Lastly, there aren't a lot of shops on the promenade; there are mainly restaurants.
Tips- bring K cups since the rooms have Kuerig machines. Make reservations for the dining room or other restaurants in the area as all fill up quickly.

• Stayed July 2014
Toronto
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

Spent a Saturuday night at the Pof W this weekend. Been there is the past many times. Firstly the reservation was incorrect and we were left with a room with double beds not the king requested - apparently no kings left when we checked in. Given that this was our wedding anniversary - we were not pleased. Front desk seemed very uninterested in trying to solve the problem.
This has always been a calssic hotel with lots of charm - unfortunately the charm is gone and now its just tired. Niagara-on-the Lake is very busy this time of year - they clearly feel that they can charge a ridiculous rate per night ($475) for sub standard accommodations.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear YellOwBird,

Thank you for sharing your comments on TripAdvisor. I truly regret to learn the details of your experience, as this is certainly not the typical level of service we provide at the Prince of Wales Hotel. I would value the opportunity to discuss these issues further with you. Please feel free to contact me directly anytime.

Kind Regrads,
Whitby, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014

Just returned from a four day offsite meeting in Niagara on the Lake and wanted to thank the entire staff for an amazing stay. The rooms are some of the best we have stayed in and the ambiance and old world charm the hotel offers is second to none.

We had dinner each night at the Prince and it's sister facilities - the Kings Landing and the Pillar and the Post - and all three times the food and the service was excellent. Highly recommend it for any and all business meetings. Special thanks to Sharon Barton and Heather Wilson for making our stay so comfortable.

Jay Traynor - Director of HR, ArcelorMittal Tailored Blanks Americas.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Dear Jay,

Thank you so much for the wonderful review of your experience at the Prince of Wales Hotel. I will pass on all of your wonderful comments to the staff, as this is what inspires them everyday to provide the best service possible. I was pleased to read that you enjoyed dining at our sister properties and found the experience very positive as well!. I trust your meetings were successful and hope you will consider us again in the near future.

Kind Regards,
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

I had heard a lot about this hotel and was not able to stay there in earlier trips as it was booked up. Well, this time I got a room and was a little disappointed. Although the architecture outside is charming the decor inside was overloaded with "fake" paintings and lacked warmth. Strangely for a hotel of this stature, the sheets did not fit the mattress such that part of the bed was bare. Rooms were large and comfortable but the decor was unimaginative and tried to get the period feeling cheaply. I did not like the very high beds but that is a matter of personal taste. Overall a little disappointing especially given that I had stayed in many other charming inns.

Room Tip: Do not know enough to provide guidance. Our room was very quiet.