My fiance and I only planned dinner at Niagara on the lake area on Valentine's day. We drove around and visited wineries. Then later in the day, we changed our plan and wanted to extend our day trip to overnight. We called the hotel reservation hotline on the fly and we were immediately offered a room with discount rate as we were asked if we had our CAA membership! When we arrived at the reception, we were greeted by Cooper at the frontdesk. He was amazing!! He was friendly, approachable and yet very efficient in our check out process. He chitchatted with us and offered us with an upgrade option. We thought to get the most economic room, we ended up with paying same price we saw on the internet but with a king bed, jet-tube executive suite!! When Cooper learnt that we had dinner reservation at near-by winery (not affliated with their hotel), he immediately offered to arrange free shuttle service for us. It truly completed our evening and was such a pleasant surprise. The shuttle driver Chris was also very attentive and prompt. When we returned from our dinner and back to our hotel room, our housekeeper Siobhan, did not only turn down our bed! She prep'd the room with soft music and a rose on bed. Both my fiance and I were "Aww...." as we entered our suite. The next morning, we had breakfast at the solarium in the hotel as we thought we should not miss enjoying the view from the hotel. The "Escabeche" room view did not disappoint. The staff service was warm and friendly. All in all, my fiance and I had a wonderful time here! Also, every staff we had come across in the hallway, they smiled and greeted us. This is a very friendly and professional hotel.
My fiance and I had stayed in different level of hotels, from 5 stars to 2 stars... This one left a top rated impression because of the service!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Distinguished leisure and business travellers alike seek the elegance and refinement of the Victorian Age embodied in this treasured landmark hotel located directly on the main street of Niagara-on-the-Lake. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL and Despegar.com so you can book your Prince of Wales reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Prince Of Wales Hotel Niagara-On-The-Lake
- Prince Wales Hotel Niagara Lake
- Prince Wales Niagara Lake