“Outstanding wine tour” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: Niagara Vintage Wine Tours invites you to tour and taste in Niagara-on-the-Lake while enjoying an educational, personal and professional experience. Learn along the way as you tour Ontario’s largest underground barrel cellar and visit Niagara’s best wineries, while sampling the rarest and best wines. We offer a variety of different tours to fit your schedule and budget, including Cheese Tasting tour, lunch and dinner and corporate tours. We also offer transportation to and from your accommodations.
London, Canada
5 attraction reviews
“Outstanding wine tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

I attended a wine tour as part of a corporate event. Our driver, Chris, picked us up at the hotel and not only provided a safe drive in a very nice vehicle, he was also extraordinarily knowledgeable about the local wines and the art of wine making. We visited three wineries, and at the last we had an outstanding meal in a private dining area in a wine cellar.

The experience was fantastic, the wine outstanding, and the food absolutely delicious (although I could have eaten a great deal more of the bison - absolutely delicious). The staff serving our meal was professional, polite and had a great sense of humour.

An outstanding afternoon/evening event. I would recommend this for any group visiting the area. The folks at Vintage Wine Tours will certainly take care of you and provide you with a wonderful experience in a very beautiful part of Ontario.

Visited May 2013
TTworldtrav, Front Office Manager at Niagara Vintage Wine Tours, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. The underground barrel cellar is a premium venue in wine country and a great way to celebrate a special occasion. We do our best to ensure every detail is planned for you!

Acton, Canada
“All day wine tour with lunch at the Charles Inn”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

Had a fabulous day Sat. April 27/13 tasting wines from 4 Wineries and a delicious lunch at the Charles Inn.
Our driver was very attentive and informative. Would highly recommend the tour. This is the 4th time that we have booked with this Tour Provider and have never been disappointed.
Thanks again
Cathy, Bess and Bill

Visited April 2013
Thank you so much for your review! We truly appreciate your repeat business and the opportunity to showcase even more of our fantastic wine country!
Bellingham, Washington
9 attraction reviews
“A great learning experience combined with lovely wines!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Today my wife and I were driven around the winery countryside of Niagara on the Lake by Dave, a humble but very knowledgable expert. We learned as much as we could absorb in between tasting the variety of wines within a half day tour. Thanks you Dave for showing us the area!

Visited May 2013
TTworldtrav, Front Office Manager at Niagara Vintage Wine Tours, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience! The educational component and our experienced guides are what help set us apart and I am glad you appreciated it!!
Milan, Michigan, United States
“Excellent tour!!! A MUST DO, especially for those looking to say "I DO"!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

After reading several reviews, I decided to book Niagara Vintage Wine Tours for my boyfriend and I (5/3/13). Originally, I booked the half day cheese tasting package. To my surprise, my boyfriend secretly upgraded us to a private all day tour with lunch as he was planning to propose! Personally, I am quite observant and impossible to surprise. My fiance worked with all of the staff including the wineries to arrange the proposal! The staff went above and beyond to be sure that I was surprised and that they provided the best tour and experience possible on our special day. They truely made us feel like royalty. Our private tour guide (Tom) was very knowledgable and provided a personable and educational experience throughout the day. He was terrific and provided great recommendations. Additionally, we ate a 3 course lunch which was quiet, romantic and top notch food. We were both quite impressed. We visited a total of 4 wineries, all of the wine was great and each tour extremely unique from the other. Niagara Vintage Wine Tours is a MUST DO for any couple, or for any group wanting to have great, educational experience and to get a tour of Niagara!!

Visited May 2013
Congratulations on your engagement! I am so glad everything went so smoothly for you and that all the extra planning paid off to make your surprise extra special!
Kitchener, Canada
“Wine anyone?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

The tour started on time. We had a very informative ride (*facts about the area - *would have liked a more, and we received information about wine in general - we could ask questions and, our informative driver - Gus, had intelligient & knowledgeable answers). We were a bit late for our afternoon tours only because the fantastic lunch went over the planned time. But our driver took care of informing our afternoon visits and did not rush us to make up time.

Visited May 2013
Thank you! We do have a schedule to maintain with each tour but never want our guests to feel rushed, we try to allow for a bit flexibility to ensure that each guest enjoys a relaxing wine country experience.