“From a sommelier standpoint the ice wine is incredible and the slushies are absolutely delectable.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Ice House Winery

The Ice House Winery
14774 Niagara Parkway, Niagara-on-the-Lake, Ontario L0S 1J0, Canada
+1 855-331-6161
Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: Come visit this small century old peach packing barn that has been refurbished into a cozy winery, that produces only Icewine and every visitor is welcomed like an old friend. Open daily from 11am to dusk from September to June and 10:30 to 7pm in July and August. Enjoy our famous N'Icewine Slushies and learn about the secrets of Icewine. Try 3 Northern Ice Premium Icewines for $10 paired with a snack and find out the secrets of how Icewine is made plus the Art of Blending Icewine into Cocktails. Located just past Queenston on the Niagara Parkway; a short distance from Niagara Falls on your way to Niagara on the Lake. This is a unconventional, must see destination when you visit Niagara Falls and the Niagara Wine Region!
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Stairs / elevator
9 attraction reviews
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013 via mobile

Charming, unpretentious little place with divine ice wines and the slushies? Genius. The soft, cold slush cuts the sweet, syrupy ice wines perfectly. One of the most delicious things on the planet. Downright decadent. I'm a level one sommelier and having been through the region I will by my ice wines here on my next trip. They should print some funky t-shirts because I would buy one. (Note to the proprietor: Short, soft boxy cut high quality cotton, not long and narrow-no one fits in those except Tweens, with a cool logo.)

Visited September 2013
Karenicehouse, Owner at The Ice House Winery, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
We know the sommelier's training looks at the full spectrum of a wine's flavour delivery, so we are very appreciative about your comments. Thank you!

Edmonton, Canada
6 attraction reviews
“awesome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

Ice wine slushies were great! Friendly staff. Purchased a couple of bottles to take home, not cheap but a wonderful treat! If you love ice-wine, gotta go!

Visited September 2013
Calgary, Canada
“Toronto Argonauts GM-'Jim Barkers' FAVORITE Ice Wine!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

Great winery! LOVED the white slushies and the friendly atmosphere! Definitely a recommended stop if your in the area. The cute and spunky red headed lady who served us was tonnes of fun and I promised her I'd post the picture I took of her, Jim Barker and my Mom! Over all an excellent experience, not pushy and great package deals! Cant wait to return one day with my husband!

Visited August 2013
Karenicehouse, Owner at The Ice House Winery, responded to this review, September 7, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your photo! We are thrilled to be Jim Barker's favourite Icewine! When you win the Grey Cup again, tell the team to visit and we will provide the Ice wine Slushies!
Medford, New Jersey
53 attraction reviews
“Slushies? Can't Go Wrong!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Ice wine slushies? YES, PLEASE!!!

I did the 5 tasting sampler, for 15 bucks. You get a shot of slushie (your choice, red or white... I did red), 3 samples of their ice wine, and an ice-wine cocktail (your choice of ice wine mixed with white wine). I didn't actually receive that last one, so I kind of got screwed out of the full tasting experience, but I didn't feel like starting anything because the older lady doing the pouring scared me a little bit (as opposed to the young girl doing the pouring who wasn't scary at all). She was a little pushy about wanting you to buy the wine, which I guess makes sense to a degree, but I felt like it was hard to really enjoy myself with her pressuring to buy something, and trying to put together a "package deal" to make you buy more... "NO MEANS NO, LADY!"

The wine was really great, and the slushies were especially great! I like that they paired the samples with foods to really showcase the flavor profiles. Nice touch.

Be sure to hug Polaris out front for good luck!!

Grand Blanc, Michigan
“Can't Wait to Go Again!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

My wife and I were in Niagara-On-the-Lake for our 10th anniversary. Earlier, I surprised her with a vow renewal ceremony, and following the ceremony and lunch, we decided to check out a few wineries for our first time. The last winery we visited was the Ice House, which was by design, based on the reviews I read--it seemed to be more casual and less pretentious than other places, and that seemed to be the case! No monogrammed embroidered polo shirts, no fancy names, just a few people who appeared to genuinely enjoy working there! The slushies were fun an delicious; we liked the cabernet slushie the best. The icewine samples were very tasty, and I loved the fact that instead of cheese or crackers with one sample, we got a shot glass of Goldfish crackers! Angie and Debby were extremely knowledgeable about their wines, and were a complete hoot to be around! We could have hung out with them all day! We left wanting to friend them on Facebook! I jokingly yet affectionately call the Ice House the "anti-winery" because of their down-to-earth attitude and I would go a hundred times if I could!

Visited August 2013
Karenicehouse, Owner at The Ice House Winery, responded to this review, September 1, 2013
We LOVED the positive details in your review! Thank you so much for appreciating Debby and Ange! Our door is always open to you.